Piano World Home Page

Looking for high end tech in central NJ

Posted By: Mark...

Looking for high end tech in central NJ - 12/12/12 05:21 PM

My Christmas present to myself this year is to do a major regulation, voicing, tuning and lyre repair (squeaks, creaks like a bitch) on my 2008 Estonia L190. My turner does a nice job, but I don't feel he is the guy to do this other work. I real want a high end job by someone who really does this kind of work. Playing p, pp is very difficult to play on this piano and needs to be adjusted. I want this piano to sing...

Also curious as to ballpark cost.

Awaiting any recommendations...

Thanks...

Posted By: DanS

Re: Looking for high end tech in central NJ - 12/12/12 05:32 PM

You could try Bob Dowling. He's in Morris county, not quite central Jersey, but it's not too far. He does very nice work!
Posted By: Rank Piano Amateur

Re: Looking for high end tech in central NJ - 12/12/12 06:39 PM

I would suggest calling Rich Galassini at Cunningham Piano Company in Philadelphia for a referral. He is certain to know a lot of people in the area of New Jersey that is close to PA, and his knowledge might extend to central New Jersey as well.

Re: Looking for high end tech in central NJ - 12/12/12 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by DanS
You could try Bob Dowling. He's in Morris county, not quite central Jersey, but it's not too far. He does very nice work!

Thanks Dan, I sent him an email.
Posted By: wcctuner

Re: Looking for high end tech in central NJ - 12/12/12 09:17 PM

Curry who post here is in Central Jersey. You could also try the tech at Rutgers Mason Gross School of Music in NB, Dave Miller.
Posted By: DanS

Re: Looking for high end tech in central NJ - 12/12/12 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mark...

You're welcome Mark. Bob recently did some regulation on the piano at one of my jobs, and it's a night and day difference.

Re: Looking for high end tech in central NJ - 12/12/12 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mark...

You're welcome Mark. Bob recently did some regulation on the piano at one of my jobs, and it's a night and day difference.

I visited his web page and he seems like the kind of tech I need. Just a question if he will travel. (Jackson NJ by Great Adventure) I expect my work will not be just a days work.
Posted By: curry

Re: Looking for high end tech in central NJ - 12/12/12 11:34 PM

Thanks Dave. I don't travel that far.
Mark you could try John Kuentzel. His # is 609-716-8892.
Posted By: mahermusic

Re: Looking for high end tech in central NJ - 12/13/12 05:46 PM

Mark,

We're right around where you are, and have been using Christopher Hill Piano Services for the life of our Walter. He's based out of Millstone Twp. and does FIRST-RATE work. Only one I would (could) recommend around here.

I have two numbers for him: (609) 426-1818 and (732) 446-3315
© 2017 Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums