Piano World Home Page
Posted By: KLHyatt Review of Piano Choices - 04/23/07 03:07 PM
I am looking at several baby grand pianos. The ones that are in my price range are as follows. I'd be interested in any thoughts about these manufacturers and whether one is substantially better or worse than the others.

My options are a 4'-8" Ritmuller @ $7400, a 4'11 1/2" Hailun @ $7025 or a 4'-10" Hardman & Peck @ $5990. Many thanks for any advice you can offer.
Posted By: Monica K. Re: Review of Piano Choices - 04/23/07 03:14 PM
I'd go with the longer Hailun. At the size you're considering, every inch counts, and the Hailun has a good rep here as a Chinese manufacturer.

Try searching the archives for these particular brands as well; click on the word "search" at the top of the page.
Posted By: Steve Cohen Re: Review of Piano Choices - 04/23/07 03:35 PM
All of these prices seem high to me, except the H&P.

I would keep shopping. Look at some of the Indoneasean-made pianos from Yamaha, Samick and Kawai.
Posted By: swampwiz Re: Review of Piano Choices - 04/24/07 08:28 PM
A 4'-8" grand? I wonder if that is the smallest grand that is on the market.
Posted By: Colin Dunn Re: Review of Piano Choices - 04/24/07 10:20 PM
I also thought these are high prices for a sub-5' baby grand. You should be able to get at least a 5' new piano for that price. On the used market, you may be able to find up to a 6'6" piano in this price range if time is on your side...
Posted By: PSS Re: Review of Piano Choices - 04/25/07 08:08 PM
I agree with Steve the prices seem way high. Out of all of them though I can tell you the Hailun is the one you want.

Good Luck!
Posted By: KLHyatt Re: Review of Piano Choices - 04/25/07 08:13 PM
Many thanks for all your input. I have now located a new 5'3'' Kohler & Campbell in the same price range. I've read some postings in the archives here and elsewhere that suggest there are some technical issues with K&C. I'd appreciate any thoughts and also how K&C compares to Hailun. Many thanks again. It is so good to be able to ask people with much more knowledge than I about this!
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums