2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
48 members (Craig Hair, Cominut, Burkhard, 1200s, clothearednincompo, akse0435, busa, 36251, Davidnewmind, 5 invisible), 1,251 guests, and 275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Well.. I can play it, but not up to tempo.. I'm not whatcha call a speed merchant.. not yet anyway.

How long did it take those of you who have done so to get it to acceptable tempo?

I'm at 3 1/2 years right now. 5th Alfred Book.

Michael

====

He is so solemn, detached and uninvolved he makes Mr. Spock look like Hunter S. Thompson at closing time.'
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
isnt the andante sweet? (dolce...i love when a score says the word...)

"I don't know much about classical music. For years I thought the Goldberg Variations were something Mr. and Mrs. Goldberg did on their wedding night." Woody Allen
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
i played it until the 1st repeat before (over a year ago perhaps), and felt then it was not difficult to learn. most of notes there are scale passages so that it wouldn't pose any technical difficulty for you. i guess with only 3 pages long i would take about 2 weeks to learn and memorize it. but to polish this one to the right tempo and performance stage perhaps take another week or two.

I lost my first reply so here goes again:

I learnt thes pieces in grade 3. They didn’t take too long to memorise as I recall. Tempo, dynamics and grace notes were my challenges as well as balancing many pieces (11) at the same time. To bring the 3 sonatinas up to my teachers standards took 9 months:
Movement I - 4 months
Movement II - 3 months
Movement III – 4 months

Please excuse me. I have to go practice
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
My daughter's learning that right now!

T
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
When I started lessons again this summer, one of my first pieces was Clementi 36 - No. 1. It took about a month for all three movements. My problem on the first movement was actually slowing down. My fingers just run away with me. Run, run run. Where did you go. The 2nd movement is very sweet and pretty. I play it by itself quite often. I am currently working on #3, which is more difficult in my opinion. I know the notes now, it's just getting it up to speed and polishing it.

I get kind of bored with them, though. I prefer CHOPIN and Beethoven!

You will be 10 years older, ten years from now, no matter what you do - so go for it!

Estonia #6141 in Satin Mahogany
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
I do like the second movement.. but there are parts of the third I like as well.. the first is not terribly interesting or beautiful, just fast. I do like to learn whole pieces more than parts.. a personal tic..

Michael

====

He is so solemn, detached and uninvolved he makes Mr. Spock look like Hunter S. Thompson at closing time.'
C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
it took me about a month to learn the whole piece and get it to recital point when I was 9, I really think you will get it up to spec in no time!

I love Clemente's work, they are among the first songs that I really felt like I could play fast + with emotion (I'm 16 now as of tomorrow and back then I was sick of all the slow songs my teacher made me learn...)

Keep plugging away!

Shigeru Kawai SK7
Kawai NV10S
Hallet & Davis 165
I hate having to learn the slow parts too, although I can make them sound very beautiful... I just don't like them. I then made the mistake once of telling my teacher that I didn't like those parts and that only the fast, loud parts were good... oops...

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."

-Gustav Mahler

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission