2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (Adam Reynolds, AlkansBookcase, APianistHasNoName, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, Chris B, Cheeeeee, 8 invisible), 1,592 guests, and 250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Tar Offline OP
OP Offline
T
This is a recording of my last year performance of "Rach 2" accompanied by my high school orchestra. Every year my old school organised (and still does, I believe) a "concerto evening", giving boys opportunities to play a movement from a concerto. Two friends of mine played the first and second. This was arguably my last "serious" piano performance - four years on and I'm now reduced to playing non-classical stuff* frown

Piano Concerto Op. 18 No. 2 Mov. 3 - Allegro scherzando

*Edit: i.e. my own music. Not meant to insult non-classically trained pianists smile

Last edited by Tar; 04/23/09 01:09 PM.

Tar Viturawong
Amateur composer and pianist
Known on YouTube as pianoinspiration
verbis defectis musica incipit
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
This is quite good. I must say I'm impressed. You were in high school when this was recorded? The tempo is slower than I would anticipate, but it works because the movement flows well, and you're able to technically handle the piece.

Great job!

Daniel

Currently working on:
-Poulenc Trois pièces
-Liszt Harmonies du Soir
-Bach/Brahms Chaconne for Left Hand
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
I like it! It's not boring, it's held together (kudos for dealing with that orchestra! I know what it feels like to play Rach 2 with an orchestra that gives you multiple heart attacks throughout the concert) and it has a drive. You can be more free in the two 'slow' sections and take more time but that's personal. Why don't you play classical anymore?

"The eyes can mislead, the smile can lie, but the shoes always tell the truth."
T
Tar Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thanks guys! I wanted to take the fast section slightly faster and the slow section slightly slower, but my technique wasn't good enough for the former. It was at a time when I "didn't know fear" and I'm glad I attempted it! I know I'd never be able to play like that again. Since I left school I've stopped taking piano lessons - I find it really hard to fit everything in. Also, I've come to the conclusion that I'm more comfortable as a composer than a pianist. Having said that though, I've matured a bit over the years with respect to composing and now I wish I had continued taking piano lessons all along as my piano playing is now the "bottle neck" in my compositional progress. (I didn't quite manage a recent composition so well in a concert)

The orchestra was composed almost completely of boys, most of them were 15-16, with a few of older boys and teachers jamming in. (My friend was on percussion!) They literally got together in the morning of the day of the concert, I had two staggered runs with them in the afternoon and we did the concert with them in the evening. Considering who the orchestra were made of and how much time they had I was really proud of them. smile

Tar Viturawong
Amateur composer and pianist
Known on YouTube as pianoinspiration
verbis defectis musica incipit
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
i sure enjoyed that recording. what a treat.. i love that it is not a professional orchestra.

accompanist/organist.. a non-MTNA teacher to a few

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Wow! Nothing like that ever happened at my high school. Incredible playing. You must have worked very long and hard to get that good by your senior year. And the school must of had a heck of a music department. 15 and 16 year old kids and only got all together that morning? I really enjoyed listening. Thanks.

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,310
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission