2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
25 members (brennbaer, AlkansBookcase, cmoody31, dh371, 20/20 Vision, admodios, clothearednincompo, crab89, 6 invisible), 1,222 guests, and 307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#1897933 05/16/12 11:35 AM
F
OP Offline
F
I recently started playing again after about a 10 year hiatus. My wife was not very supportive as she was concerned about time and money and thinks I am crazy to relive my childhood. So to say the least I don't have a very supportive home. Anyway I have been taking lessons from a young woman who is very attractive to say the least. I don't know her age but I would guess she is 15 years younger than I am. She is a great teacher and extremely talented but here is my dilema. Initially she was very friendly and supportive. Recently she has been texting me 10-20 times a day and the texts almost seem as if she is flirting. I have noticed in the past couple weeks she has been dressing differently and being even more flirtatious. If my wife reads one of these texts she will go insane. I have not acted on or encouraged this behavior and don't want to loose a great instructor but do have to say it is getting harder and harder to resist. What would you do in my situation?

B
B
Hit it and quit it thumb

Next time find some old bag to give ya lessons, unless you have a Granny fetish too.......ya Sicko mad

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Heh...

My guess is that fingered's wife is balls of fire! grin

Really... It's impossible to tell you what to do. I mean who on earth would advise you on anything like that?

From a psychological point of view, since you're asking, you're obviously interested... Other than that... good luck!

F
OP Offline
F
I don't want to cause my wife grief but finding an instructor that works well with you seems difficult. I suppose I should start looking for another instructor. And I hope balls of fire isn't my wife 3hearts ha

F
OP Offline
F
I was just reading about Skype lessons. For those of you that have had these or instructors that have taught this way what are the pros and cons? This could be a great solution to my situation. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Unobtanium Supporter until Jun 020 2020
3000 Post Club Member

3000 Post Club Member
"Honest, honey, I only hang around joints like that to listen to the piano players." smile

[Linked Image]

"Don't let the devil fool you -
Here comes a dove;
Nothing cures like time and love."

-- Laura Nyro
D
D
This is a very precarious situation you are in Mr. Fingered. What do you think will happen in the future and for some unseen reason you have to have your wife drop you off for lessons and she meets the instructor?

Luckily my partner is a very understanding person.

D
D
Originally Posted by Fingered
A certain Cathy was ragging on me so bad earlier here on this forum. It reminded me so much of my wife that I left work and headed to the park. I have been sitting thinking about this all day. I think I am going to leave my wife and see where things go with my instructor. If it works great if not and least I ditched the ball and chain and can enjoy the rest of my life. Thank you all so much for those who replied. It game me the courage to "take the next step" in my life.

Are you saying that Cathy (I assume your wife) talked you into having an affair?

C
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
C
I smell a sock puppet. Or two. Or perhaps even three. I know it's fun to talk to yourself, but it's actually not allowed here.

Du holde Kunst...

3000 Post Club Member

3000 Post Club Member
Three, I'd say.

[Linked Image]

Here comes a dove;

-- Laura Nyro
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
smile

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
L
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
L
Dear Abby,
I have a problem . . .
Anyway I have been taking lessons from a young woman who is very attractive to say the least. I don't know her age but I would guess she is 15 years younger than I am. She is a great teacher and extremely talented but here is my dilema. Initially she was very friendly and supportive. Recently she has been . . .dressing differently and being even more flirtatious.

Oops - wrong forum.

In music, everything one does correctly helps everything else.
O
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
O
Originally Posted by LoPresti
Dear Abby,
I have a problem . . .
Anyway I have been taking lessons from a young woman who is very attractive to say the least. I don't know her age but I would guess she is 15 years younger than I am. She is a great teacher and extremely talented but here is my dilema. Initially she was very friendly and supportive. Recently she has been . . .dressing differently and being even more flirtatious.

Oops - wrong forum.

LOL! I was thinking the same thing. And recalling sitting around a campfire as a teenager, listening to a 17 year old boy playing guitar and singing a Dear Abby song:

"Dear Abby, Dear Abby"....(rhyming verses here)... "signed 'Just Married'"
Abby's response: "Just married, Just Married you got no complaint, you are what you are and you aint what you aint... (rhyming verses here)...stop wishing for bad luck and knocking on wood. Signed Dear Abby."

Abby's response in the song was always the same. Just substitute the name. So in this case it would be "Fingered, Fingered, you got no complaint..."

Last edited by Ann in Kentucky; 05/17/12 09:28 PM.

3000 Post Club Member

3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Ann in Kentucky
Originally Posted by LoPresti
Dear Abby,
I have a problem . . .

Oops - wrong forum.

LOL! I was thinking the same thing. And recalling sitting around a campfire as a teenager, listening to a 17 year old boy playing guitar and singing a Dear Abby song:

"Dear Abby, Dear Abby"....(rhyming verses here)... "signed 'Just Married'"
Abby's response: "Just married, Just Married you got no complaint, you are what you are and you aint what you aint... (rhyming verses here)...stop wishing for bad luck and knocking on wood. Signed Dear Abby."

Abby's response in the song was always the same. Just substitute the name. So in this case it would be "Fingered, Fingered, you got no complaint..."

That song, I believe, was by the great John Prine.

[Linked Image]

Here comes a dove;

-- Laura Nyro
O
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
O
Thanks ClsscLib. You're right. I googled it out of curiosity about the lyrics. Strange that 30 years after hearing this song, some of these lyrics are still lodged in my brain. smile

3000 Post Club Member

3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Ann in Kentucky
Thanks ClsscLib. You're right. I googled it out of curiosity about the lyrics. Strange that 30 years after hearing this song, some of these lyrics are still lodged in my brain. smile

I was a huge fan of Prine and the circle in which he moved -- some wonderfully talented singer/songwriters who worked mainly with acoustic instruments. Others included Steve Goodman, Bonnie Koloc, Jim Post, Fred and Ed Holstein, Loudon Wainwright III, Michael Smith, Ginni Clemons, Bryan Bowers, and some I've surely forgotten. The songs those folks wrote and sang!

[Linked Image]

Here comes a dove;

-- Laura Nyro
Online lessons might be a good option for you. Online lessons using Skype works well; the only real drawback is that you and the teacher cannot play at the same time. I also recommend a male teacher...

Piano lessons in Binghamton, Vestal, Endicott, and other areas of upstate NY. Specializing in homeschool piano lessons.
www.binghamtonpianolessons.com
Member: MTNA, NYSMTA

White Rabbit - 60's, 70's & 80's classic rock, southern rock and blues rock band - Binghamton, NY.
www.thewhiterabbitband.com

Moderated by  platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission