2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
49 members (BillS728, anotherscott, AlkansBookcase, Carey, Dfrankjazz, danno858, CharlesXX, bcalvanese, 8 invisible), 2,066 guests, and 305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Will335 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
2 questions, firstly, what is the ideal fingering on the 3rd page (sorry can't remember bar numbers) where the right hand has a repeated staccato figuration and the LH goes into 'rolling' semiquavers and the notes are all tangled between the hands - The hands can be comfortably independant for the first 2 bars with the RH on top but then you have to change so that LH is on top but it is impossible to do this change fluently and at the right tempo. Should I just practise until it becomes easier or is it ok to take some of the RH notes with the LH instead?

2nd question... Does this unorthadox programme 'work' for the first half of an afternoon concert:

Bartok- Suite
Beethoven- Pathetique

The 2nd half will contain Brahms and Schubert (I'm not sure which pieces)

B
B
Hello! I'm playing that piece too cool

This is what I'm doing:

-the first two measures are right over left hand, like you said

-the second two measures I'm playing the right hand E with my left hand (So each beat, my left hand plays E and A together with the first and 5th fingers) and also the right hand E-sharp with the left hand A

-the two measures after that I play right over left again

Hope that wasn't too confusing; but it makes it much easier for me laugh

R
R
I am not sure what bars you refer to, but there are two similar sections: at the end of my page two, there is a sustained b in LH and staccato in RH starting each bar on g#. Here I do RH on top.
After that, my page 3, there is a sustaained e in LH and staccato each bar starts with c# in RH. Here I do RH on top from 'Tempo I', for 3 bars. Then (where clef changes in LH) 4 bars LH on top. The RH on top again (starting at the measure with e-a3-e in RH and a natural in LH).
I would not redistribute notes over hands, because this changes the simple pattern of staccato in RH and legato in LH.

Yes the program will work, but maybe I would do the suite at the end. Play pieces in chronological order. (save the best fro last wink

Great Suite, great composer. I am especially fond of the 3rd movement. With it's reapeating never the same rythmic scale patterns. Awesome. Supposedly strongly inspired by Arabic (Algerian, Biskra region) music. The first mvmt is Roumanian in character and the second contains 12-tone series.

After this suite you may want to have a look at Bartók's other suite for piano solo: the Out of Doors suite, my favorite Bartók piece for solo piano. smokin

By the way, welcome "bluecheese", to the forum!

Robert Kenessy

.. it seems to me that the inherent nature [of the piano tone] becomes really expressive only by means of the present tendency to use the piano as a percussion instrument - Béla Bartók, early 1927.
B
B
Thanks for the welcome Robert. :p

Sigh...I love the 3rd movement too--the octatonic scales sound so menacing--it's awesome!

And yes! I second Out of Doors! Heh...that piece makes me happy laugh

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,152
Members111,629
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission