2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
63 members (anotherscott, Bellyman, brennbaer, busa, Barly, 1957, btcomm, 12 invisible), 1,972 guests, and 331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
OP Offline
W
Hey everyone,

This is my first post and I would really love to hear any of your ideas. Anyway I worked as a board of education for popular piano styles in a music academy in Thailand and we were thinking about holding a piano solo competition. The concept of the competition is to welcome all piano players regardless of styles, levels or age. When I first heard the idea,(I thought it was great) but when really thinking about it I think there might be a lot of problems with the competition when judging the winners.

My responsibility is to make up the rules and regulations for the competition. I think that I don't know whether is it fair or justify to make a experience popular player piano and an experienced classical piano player to compete with each other since I would not know what criteria to judge whether its technique I think the classical player will be in a different league, but for creative and flexible in playing I think the pop player should be more entertaining to listen to. Anyway would love to hear anyone to whether a competition like this is fair and justify. Oh by the way we will divide the participants into different age groups and levels. Sorry for the long post, but would love to hear some of your ideas or your thoughts on a competition like this.

P
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
P
If you do put age limits, I hope you have a category for every age. I get sad when I can't enter a piano competition because I am too old.

Poetry is rhythm
T
T
Welcome to the forum.

If this is the first competition at your academy, it may be better to create many categories to encourage participants, and to lower the stress. You can make it like a general student recital and award the participants. Later when the students are used to performing in front of an audience and judges, you may want to tighten the competition.

Tim Firman

Tim Firman

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission