2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
33 members (Animisha, Cominut, brennbaer, crab89, aphexdisklavier, fullerphoto, admodios, busa, drumour, Foxtrot3, 3 invisible), 1,240 guests, and 263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 190 1 2 3 4 5 189 190
Very nice Funburger!!! I thoroughly enjoyed it!!!

I like the arrangement of the piece and definitely have something to look forward to at the end of Book 2. How long did it take you to get through Book 2?

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.
M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by funburger:
canon in d from the alfred book 2 is awesome. i really like this piece. i still play it alot. here is a link after i learned it if anyone wants to hear it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zQyj-yrHTk

Nice!! Excellent Funburger...I'm looking forward to it...

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
cyborg, well it took a little longer than expected because i got really sick for a while but i think it was 8 months or somewhere around there. my teacher is really good and wont let me slip by(at least i dont think so) smile which i like. book 2 was drudgery though and in that time i started doing alot of my own stuff. i jumped to the end of the book because it was more exciting to do at the time. also without book 2 book 3 would be a nightmare, just press on learning everything you can:) book 2 certainly is a building stone and really prepares you for more music.

mark737, thanks:) it really is a fun arrangement, and beautiful!!

If it ain't fun I ain't doin' it:)
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
wowie that was awesome funnycheeseburger. The video shows up on my work computer kind of like a picasso painting. Like a negative photograph. Did you do that or is it my computer?

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair.>>> Herman Munster
M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
If anyone has a recording of Light and Blue, and/or Roman Holiday, I could use it...

Thanks

Mark

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Mark, if I have time I'll go ahead and play it and record it for you, I can't promise anything though but I'll try my best. I'll shoot for this evening after I've worn the pup out and if not definately tomorrow afternoon. If someone beats me to the punch let us know please.

thanks

M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by loly:
Mark, if I have time I'll go ahead and play it and record it for you, I can't promise anything though but I'll try my best. I'll shoot for this evening after I've worn the pup out and if not definately tomorrow afternoon. If someone beats me to the punch let us know please.

thanks
Thanks loly! The teacher played them for me, but I need to hear them a few more times. And they aren't on "you tube" either...

Mark

z32 Offline
LOL I'm stalled on the piece, "Sakura," but not because it's hard, but rather due to being preoccupied with trying to learn Cristofori's Dream. I saw it on Youtube and I simply had to learn how to play it! I simply needed a change of pace from the songs in this book. They were boring me to death lol!

BTW, here's the song.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=aBfFI-Xdrvs

C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
I can buy "Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course: Adult All-In-One Level 2" Book here in the UK but seemingly not with the CD, which means I would have to order from the USA again and the shipping is almost the same cost as that of the book. I wondered if there is away of buying the CD content by downloading it from the internet, any suggestions would be gratefully received.

M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by redcoat:
I can buy "Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course: Adult All-In-One Level 2" Book here in the UK but seemingly not with the CD, which means I would have to order from the USA again and the shipping is almost the same cost as that of the book. I wondered if there is away of buying the CD content by downloading it from the internet, any suggestions would be gratefully received.
I'd see how many of the songs you can dig up on You-Tube and the Internet. I'd love to have people upload their songs from each book to each corresponding thread, just for situations like yours. If I ever get cured of red dot fever I'll upload some...

Msrk

M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by z32:
LOL I'm stalled on the piece, "Sakura," but not because it's hard, but rather due to being preoccupied with trying to learn Cristofori's Dream. I saw it on Youtube and I simply had to learn how to play it! I simply needed a change of pace from the songs in this book. They were boring me to death lol!

BTW, here's the song.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=aBfFI-Xdrvs
Wow!! What a great piece. I was hoping it was in Alfred book 2...how hard is it. Must go on my to do list...

Thanks Mark

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Mark, i just recorded this, i didnt do the repeat, as once through was enough, and i screwed up the ending because i am used to doing the repeat. ah well you get the idea. its not perfect but its light and blue to give you an idea:) plus i just adjusted my piano yesterday so the feel is much different than i am used to:) better but i still need to get used to it. hope this helps. take care!!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6893189391630880037

loly, yeah, it seems that your computer has lost its color:) hehehehehe. no it was just fun to make it that way:)

If it ain't fun I ain't doin' it:)
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Mark, I don't have roman holiday in my book. send me the scanned sheets if you want and I'll give it a whirl tomorrow.

thanks

M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by loly:
Mark, I don't have roman holiday in my book. send me the scanned sheets if you want and I'll give it a whirl tomorrow.

thanks
OK. I'm off to a ball game but should have it to you by tomorrow at the latest.

Thanks

PS: I'm, really liking the "Light and Blue"...

M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by funburger:
Mark, i just recorded this, i didnt do the repeat, as once through was enough, and i screwed up the ending because i am used to doing the repeat. ah well you get the idea. its not perfect but its light and blue to give you an idea:) plus i just adjusted my piano yesterday so the feel is much different than i am used to:) better but i still need to get used to it. hope this helps. take care!!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6893189391630880037

Wow! Funburger, you really play well!

I'm getting it down myself, but don't have the speed and timing down yet.

Both you and loly really are doing great.

Thanks, this not only helps me but everyone in the Alfred program.

Mark

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
wow I agree, the funburger makes it look so easy. She flows, I struggled through it after not seeing it for so long. She has talent and skillz laugh

z32 Offline
Originally posted by Mark737:
Wow!! What a great piece. I was hoping it was in Alfred book 2...how hard is it. Must go on my to do list...

Thanks Mark
The pace of the song, as you can see, goes right along with what we are doing in Alfred's Book 2. There doesn't seem to be anything in this piece that you shouldn't have learned by now by following the Alfred's Books. The only things that might seemingly pose some problems for some are consecutive octaves, consecutive 3rds, and one tiny scale movement. My only problem so far(aside from the time length of the song since I'm working on memorizing it) is getting down the use of the consecutive octaves which are found throughout the song. Going by what I've done with Alfred's so far, there really hasn't been a song that makes use of consecutive octaves, so it takes some getting used to in order to get my hand in that octave position for play. I started this song about 1 week ago, and I've memorized about half of the song at this point. It's really long(6 min+) LOL! But you know what, I've committed myself to getting this song down; I simply can't get it off my head!

BTW, if you liked this song, I highly recommend you check out this Marriage D'Amour rendition by the same guy from Youtube. I did that right after I finished Alfred's Book 1. It's a fairly simply song, but it has a great sound to it! Here's a link.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S4T4TbPjNU8

M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by z32:
Originally posted by Mark737:
[qb]Wow!! What a great piece. I was hoping it was in Alfred book 2...how hard is it. Must go on my to do list...

Thanks Mark
The pace of the song, as you can see, goes right along with what we are doing in Alfred's Book 2. There doesn't seem to be anything in this piece that you shouldn't have learned by now by following the Alfred's Books. The only things that might seemingly pose some problems for some are consecutive octaves, consecutive 3rds, and one tiny scale movement. My only problem so far(aside from the time length of the song since I'm working on memorizing it) is getting down the use of the consecutive octaves which are found throughout the song. Going by what I've done with Alfred's so far, there really hasn't been a song that makes use of consecutive octaves, so it takes some getting used to in order to get my hand in that octave position for play. I started this song about 1 week ago, and I've memorized about half of the song at this point. It's really long(6 min+) LOL! But you know what, I've committed myself to getting this song down; I simply can't get it off my head!
I hope your right, I would love to play that song. I'm currently working on so much stuff, I have to wait for Christofs Dream. But I'll eventually get there...

Thanks Mark

M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
To everyone who has been following and/or participating in the Alfred threads, I just wanted to let you know that I started a thread in the teachers forum asking for teacher volunteers to help us in our learning journey. Since most of us are beginners I thought it would be nice to have some excellent resources to help us when we run into problems. I want to thanks Chris and sarabande for their help and anyone else who would like to offer their advise.

Mark

C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
I'd see how many of the songs you can dig up on You-Tube and the Internet. I'd love to have people upload their songs from each book to each corresponding thread, just for situations like yours. If I ever get cured of red dot fever I'll upload some...
Thanks Mark, I managed to find a music supplier over here who is selling me the Book #2 + CD for £17.00 inc. postage, thats roughly double the cost of buying it in the USA though.

Thanks for starting these Alfred's threads, reading other members experiences and input is great incentive to keep my head down and practice. I'm slowly getting there...next stop You Tube.

Page 3 of 190 1 2 3 4 5 189 190

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission