2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
67 members (amc252, brennbaer, accordeur, antune, anotherscott, AndyOnThePiano2, benkeys, 9 invisible), 1,790 guests, and 317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 68 of 425 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 424 425
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
My apologies Kathleen, for short-changing your repertoire :-)

If we generate enough interest those of us with more than one can relinquish to someone else (except for favorites).

http://www.ecital.net
Wikicital: A collaborative effort to build a knowledgebase of classical music history combined with examples. Your chance to both perform and write...

Don't click here!
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Kathleen - you bring in the people from Pianist Corner and they can fill up the list in no time.
1, 9, 10, 11, 13, 21 are easy
3, 5, 14 are not too bad
So that leaves just 3 hard ones: 12, 16, 19

We still have until October 2007, right?

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
mark me down for number 9 in E major!

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A couple of weeks ago I decided to train myself to play really fast. I was going to join the Czerny (School of Velocity) Challenge over in the Pianist Corner until I saw Sergio Tiempo play the Prelude #16 on Youtube. Just totally blew me away. Aha, I thought, why not use #16 as an exercise in playing fast linear passages? It's much better music than Czerny and will give my fingers the same workout. So I started learning the notes. And now I'm thinking, hmmm, October is 7 months away. Is there a chance I could play this piece at a respectable tempo by then? If I sign up for #16 now I would have made a public commitment to play (arguably) the hardest of the Chopin preludes and that will really force me to learn it. OK, I've made up my mind: sign me up for #16!

And if by September I can't play it at a decent tempo, I'll have to be bailed out by Liszt Addict. So, LA please be on standby to play this one at short notice, OK? laugh

"Playing the piano is my greatest joy...period."......JP
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Put me down for Nr 14 as well.

Slow down and do it right.
[Linked Image]
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
2 - Frycek
4 - Kathleen
6 - Ragnhild
7 - Kathleen
8 - Gerg
9 - Stephenc
14 - Frycek
15 - Kathleen
16 - Jazzyprof
17 - Kathleen
18 - Gerg
20 - Kathleen
22 - Frycek
23 - Gerg
24 - LisztAddict

Still up for Grabs:

"Easy" 1, 10, 11, 13, 21
"Not too bad" 3, 5
"Hard" 12, 19

[Linked Image]
L
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
L
Wow...wow.... We're on a roll. Yes, I think the date of October 17th as our Concert has pretty well been agreed upon. But start practicing NOW! Seven months can fly by!!

Welcome Stephenc and Jazzyproff. And if you feel you aren't up to par on the piece, yes, you can back out. Of course, you realize that if you do, I will have to come after you with a huge stick (by the way, where do you live? I hope in FL!) Just kidding of course. And REMEMBER, please, please...your playing DOES NOT have to be PERFECT. I can't stress that enough. We are beginners here (well, sort of, I guess. I know my playing will be far from ideal, but I am still going for it!)

I have had the #13 going through my head since I played it again afer many years. (Gee, Frycek, glad to know that you think that #13 is easy. Now if I don't get it, I'll feel pretty stupid...again, pulling your leg.) I think I am going to sign up for it. So I will have two that are new for me. This means instead of 3 hours at the piano, it might be 6. Good thing I retired years ago.

I have to contact Nancy and Sarah (what happened to her?), and Dannylux (Mel) before I contact anyone from the PC. Also Mike Smith and a few others whose names will come to me as soon as I've had my second cup of coffee.

Now...for some special news. I am going to make a CD of the whole concert and send everyone who participated in it one. Also, I'll advertise it on the other forums and send one to anyone who is interested (for just the shipping cost). For you, it will be free.

AND TO ALL WHO TAKE PART...some special prizes/awards. A T-shirt sheet that you can iron on to a shirt or whatever. On it will be a picture of Chopin and whatever wording you would like. Also a refrigerator magnet with "I performed in the All-Prelude Chopin Concert"...or words to that effect...and a couple book marks with appropriate wording.

Now, another day...and on Monday I will PM the other people we talked about, asking if they would be interested.

And since #4 and #7 and #20 are not that terribly difficult, I am going to put out a message on the AB forum to see if anyone would like to play one of these.

Lastly, if we have any left (any that LisztAddict would not like to play), I'll put out a notice on the PC.

Any other suggestions....?

Regards to all and start PRACTICING!

Kathleen

Chopin’s music is all I need to look into my soul.
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Frycek:
Still up for Grabs:

"Easy" 1, 10, 11, 13, 21
"Not too bad" 3, 5
"Hard" 12, 19
Disclaimer re: Difficulty: I was QUOTING LisztAddict.

[Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
From the pieces I've heard played by Sarah and Dannylux so far, I think we should just assign #12 to Dannylux and #19 to Sarah; match their playing skill perfectly. laugh

L
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
L
Am I on for #13? confused

EVERYTHING is easy for LisztAddict! laugh

LA: Sarah hasn't been around for some time, so I hesitate assigning her anything. And I really have to contact Mel. I hate to have him wake up one day, let's say, six months for now, and find out that he's scheduled to play #19. eek

Kathleen

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
There is a good article in the Times today about the discovery of 'Chopin's piano'. Somebody bought it for $4000 in 1988, not knowing its real value!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/article1527757.ece

The actual newspaper says you can "listen to Alec Cobbe play the Chopin piano" online, but so far I haven't found the link frown

5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Euan Morrison:
There is a good article in the Times today about the discovery of 'Chopin's piano'. Somebody bought it for $4000 in 1988, not knowing its real value!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/article1527757.ece

The actual newspaper says you can "listen to Alec Cobbe play the Chopin piano" online, but so far I haven't found the link frown
Euan, ya'done good! thumb

[Linked Image]
L
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
L
Thank you so much, Euan, for that very interesting article. Imagine buying a piano that Chopin once played on!

I'll try to find that link you spoke about.

While we're at it...do you have any interest in performing in our All Prelude Chopin Concert?

Let us know. Thanks again.

Kathleen

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by loveschopintoomuch:

While we're at it...do you have any interest in performing in our All Prelude Chopin Concert?
Me? Yikes, I haven't really tried much classical music. But I would be willing to give it a go, if you don't mind listening to my inferior efforts!

I haven't kept up with this thread as much as I liked - when is the deadline?

Will have a listen to my Preludes cd to pick out one which might be suitable.
Euan.

L
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
L
We would love to have you join us, Euan. smile

If you've never played Chopin's preludes before... the "easier" ones are

Op. 28
#4,

Give a listen and if you decided to try one, that would be great. We are NOT looking for PERFECTION here. Just as many people to participate as possible. And when you decide on one, we will be here to answer any questions you might have. Like we're the "experts." laugh

We're planning on having the "concert" on October 17th (a whole 7 months away!). It's the anniversary of Chopin's death. A fitting tribute, we think.

Regards,
Kathleen

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Thanks for the recommendations, Kathleen.

As I've stated on other threads, the biggest problem I have with learning pieces is motivation - therefore I need a piece that really strikes me good and makes me yearn to play it.

It may not be the easiest one, and I certainly hope it isn't too difficult. But will let you know which one it is!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Happy St. Patrick's day everyone!!!

Euan, welcome to the recital! It is really exciting to see this snowball picking up momentum. You do indeed need to find the piece that "hits you between the eyes." In this Op. 28 series is something for everyone. Per your #868 this will prove to be a sublime immersion into classical playing for you. Again, welcome!

Wikicital: A collaborative effort to build a knowledgebase of classical music history combined with examples. Your chance to both perform and write...

Don't click here!
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Hallo Chopaholics, I've not had much computer time lately and when I get back to the Chopin thread, what do I find! Big plans afoot. What a brilliant idea, Gerg and Kathleen. I agree that we should concentrate on Preludes only. I say "we" but not sure if I'll be able to participate other than as a delighted audience.

Gerg - the two you posted were lovely. Thanks!

Ragnhild - what do you mean, you might not be on the Forum in October? OF COURSE you must remain with us - at least until our jaunt in 2010. You haven't forgotten, have you?

Love to all... Mary-Rose

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Mary-Rose good to see you back! Any thoughts on what you'd like to play?

EDIT: You did "not sure" wink

Don't click here!
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Dear Greg,
I just found your "Tricky Monster" thanks to Mary Rose. Thank you for the dedication and for the welcome back. It sounds as though you've got the monster almost tame, almost eating from your hand. I look forward to hearing how he sounds when he's all groomed, collared and debonair in October! I hope my Little Monsters (2,14,& 22)turn out as a well mannnered!

[Linked Image]
Page 68 of 425 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 424 425

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,244
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission