2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
42 members (Animisha, alexcomoda, benkeys, Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, brennbaer, 10 invisible), 1,145 guests, and 318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#967791 06/25/08 03:56 PM
alberto Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi everybody!!
I'm from Italy and I'm 26. I'm studing classical and Jazz music at the Conservatory of my city.

At http://angoloimprovviso.wordpress.com you can find a couple of my piano improvvisations (the titles are in Italian, but music is international wink ). I hope you enjoy them.

Any kind of feedback is very welcomed laugh
(expecially regarding recording-technical issues)

Cheers
aL

P.S. I hope i'm not OT I've searched for a presentation topic/forum bud I didn't find it

P.P.S. Forgive my rough English

This will be our reply to violence: to make music more intensely, more beautifully, more devotedly than ever before.
https://soundcloud.com/alberto-forino

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Benvenuto, paisa'! smile

"The man that hath no music in himself / Nor is not mov'd with concord of sweet sounds / Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils." (W.Shakespeare)

Kemble Conservatoire 335025 Walnut Satin

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Welcome to the forum, alberto. smile I like your avatar.

Thank you for sharing your recordings. I listened to the first two. I really liked the smooth jazz of the first two minutes of the first one... I wanted to be in some dark smoky nightclub holding a drink or two while listening to it. laugh After about the 2:10 mark it got a little discordant for my taste.

The second piece (piano solo) I really liked. It started out very minimalist in tone but then transitioned into more of a new age flair (and I love new age music), although with more interesting chord progressions than you find in most new age music. I thought the recording quality on that one was better than the first, as well.

p.s. No need to apologize for your English... you write English better than many of my (American) college students.

p.p.s. I just got back from a two-week vacation in Italy, where I was able to visit your lovely cities of Naples, Taormina, and Catania. I was overwhelmed by all the great art and ancient sites you have there as well as the friendliness and helpfulness of the people we met. smile

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
"I was overwhelmed by all the great art and ancient sites you have there as well as the friendliness and helpfulness of the people we met"

It is obvious that God is Italian.. wink

(Yours truly, after the penalty shooting in the final of the football world championship, 2006...).

Italians don't do anything perfect, they just do everything somewhat better

(German motorcycling magazine...)

"The man that hath no music in himself / Nor is not mov'd with concord of sweet sounds / Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils." (W.Shakespeare)

Kemble Conservatoire 335025 Walnut Satin
alberto Offline OP
OP Offline
@Innominato ... Ciao !!! Grazie del benvenuto!!! The world is really small nowadays laugh

@Monica: Thanks for welcoming me here and thanks very much for listening and for your opinion.
I'm glad you like them (or a part of them :p ).
The two recording are both "total free improvvisation" and so sometimes it happens that music becomes a little dissonant

Thanks again both of you

aL

This will be our reply to violence: to make music more intensely, more beautifully, more devotedly than ever before.

alberto Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi again guys!!! If someone is interested I've uploaded a new song. "Stella by starlight" of Ned Washington - Victor Young performed by me in solo piano.
Hope you enjoy it laugh !!!

aL

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission