2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
42 members (bwv543, Andre Fadel, Animisha, alexcomoda, benkeys, Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, 10 invisible), 1,172 guests, and 282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#966906 10/22/04 02:31 PM
OP Offline
I've really enjoyed listening to everyone here. Got the courage to add a couple. I'm not a classical pianist.

Here's a "blues" based sample recordings I did on my Roland digital.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~rjarovi/blues.mp3

RJ
B
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
B
well played! I particularly liked the first blues (without drum and bass). It's nice that not only classical performers post here. You've got a really nice touch and the blues had a nice, laid-back feeling to it. If you have the chance, post something more! I would like to hear more things from you smile

OP Offline
Thanks fnork. I re-thought the original post and took off the trio, only because though this forum is mostly classical pianists, everyone has posted solo works.

I have 2 small samples here. They are of poorer quality than the digital piano you heard - though the feeling remains. These come from an acoustic piano recorded on a mike to casette tape to mp3. There's some tape glitches that are quite obvious in transfer to mp3. You will have to adjust the volume up. I should do some new ones now!

http://home.cogeco.ca/~rjarovi/boogie.mp3
http://home.cogeco.ca/~rjarovi/blues2.mp3

RJ
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
excellent Robert J!

R
R
Excellent blues....You ever see a pianist named Bob Milne? He plays in Canada each year, although he's based in Michigan. I guarantee you'd love his blues, boogie and ragtime....

I have a new mistress. She's black and curvy and pretty and sounds great and has great legs. I call her "Petrof".
T
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
T
The test files 1 and 3 I put on the CD submissions page to try it out are a rag and a blues (of sorts) respectively. I wrote a lot of this sort of thing many years ago; the scores are lying about the house in cardboard boxes. I suppose I should write more conventional music but I've gone all modern and funny now.

Astral Rag

Sexy Filipina

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law" - Aleister Crowley
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Robert J, Ted, thanks for posting your recorings... it's been a while since I visit this Forum, and I'm very glad to find your recordings here. There's some very genuine joy in music making that I like very much in your recordings. thumb

D
D
that was beautiful Robert J

I love blues.

What key is that first recording you your first post in?

OP Offline
Thanks everyone, I forgot about this and I've not poked in here for a bit. I am going to post more - just hooked up my digital piano to my new computer and am doing some test recordings. There's a 1 track sequencer on my Roland. When I get a version I like I keep it on there and play it back to my software. I have no special software or mixer. I just downloaded a program called Sound Recorder by PolderbitS and it seems OK. Stay tuned!

I really liked Ted's stuff as well. I am making my new year's resolution to finally become serious about ragtime. I've always found it harder to be "self-taught" or play by ear than the blues. You really have to work.

Donovan - I am in the key of G.

RJ
D
D
Nice, what kind of digital piano do you have?

You say that you are self taught?

If so, what books did you use or are currently using?

nice work.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I loved all three! Bravo!
thumb thumb thumb

Steve

Estonically yours,

Ivorythumper

"Man without mysticism is a monster"
OP Offline
Roland FP-3.

I did do 2 years of classical piano as a kid but did not do so well. I am now a lazy guy in my mid-30s. I try to do 30 min to an hour of practice. Mostly use my ear now and look at arrangemnts.

Jazz Piano book, Patterns in Jazz (Coker), some scale books, a couple of barrelhouse and boogie books, lots of fake books. I'll let you know when I'm back at the acoustic piano.

In the spirit of improv I recorded this raw track - no thought - just now. Got up from my computer for 2 minutes. Enjoy.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~rjarovi/bob.mp3

RJ
T
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Man, my hubbie would love it if I could play blues like that. Very cool - sounds wonderful!

You will be 10 years older, ten years from now, no matter what you do - so go for it!

Estonia #6141 in Satin Mahogany
T
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Ted and RObert both - I love your music. I'm green with envy!

You will be 10 years older, ten years from now, no matter what you do - so go for it!

Estonia #6141 in Satin Mahogany
OP Offline
Thanks teachum. I feel undeserving of it.

I've really appreciated the positive responses since being on this board. I had no intention of showcasing. It just happened that I moved my digital piano near my computer and thought what the heck.

I have been thinking more seriously about practice and repertoire. I've been out of it for a bit, raising my 2 kids etc. But the desire to play is strong and I am looking how to nurture it. Even today I threw in a little thing on the George Winston/Pachelbel thread which took some courage as it was not perfect - just an improv. But we all have our styles.

Anyhow, I have plans to set more goals to move forward. I read about some of the members here and the time they have to practice. Now that makes me green with envy!

RJ
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Hi Robert

Great fun...I love the piano blues

I really enjoyed your music

regards

Lee

Twitter: @Seaside_Lee

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission