2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
53 members (Chris B, Cheeeeee, Carey, CharlesXX, Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, 10 invisible), 2,009 guests, and 333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
OP Offline
Hi There,

Can someone recommend good free websites to download some nice scores for piano runs(waterfall etc.) help ?

Thanks
James

M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Didn't I just read this exact same question somewhere else two days ago?

"You look hopefully for an idea and then you're humble when you find it and you wish your skills were better. To have even a half-baked touch of creativity is an honor."
-- Ernie Stires, composer
OP Offline
Yes sorry I also posted in beginner but haven't gotten the response I want. I mean I can buy one book, but want to see if I can find some good sample scores on web to practice first.

I will not post same topic in more than one forum.
Thx

M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
I will not post same topic in more than one forum
oh it's ok. I just thought for a moment that I was going crazy.

sorry I don't have any good examples for you. Are you looking for exercises or repertoir?

"You look hopefully for an idea and then you're humble when you find it and you wish your skills were better. To have even a half-baked touch of creativity is an honor."
OP Offline
Probably more like exercise, short and easy to do and enjoy.

S
S
Try this site:

<a href='http://www.music-scores.com/composer.php'>http://www.music-scores.com/composer.php</a>

M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
why do you want such exercises? I'd think you'd be better off developing such skills while working on actual repertoir?

-Paul

OP Offline
Paul,

I do agree with playing repertoir. Any recommendation on any nice/easy pieces to develop such skills.

The reason was I found this guy on website who sells CDs and some manuals for piano runs like waterfall etc. But I think it will be fun to be able to play/show some nice runs to my kids, plus it might help you to develop / collect more skills.

M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Hey James-

I can't think of much repertoir off the top of my head that specifically has a "waterfall" in it. I'm working on a piece called Malaguena at the moment, that has a bunch of fast downward cascading pentuplets (is that what a 5 note version of a triplet is called?) but the piece isn't based on that and while I wouldn't call it virtuosic, it's not easy. I recently finished up Schumann's "Knight Rupert" which doesn't do "waterfalls" but it's very fast with powerful motion up and down the keyboard. It's not too hard, but it's not easy.

technique without musicality is worthless.. don't waste your time learning something just to show off if it doesn't make any kind of musical statement, what's the point? Especially when you could use that same time learning the same techniques in the context of some beautiful piece of music that you can keep with you for life. Wouldn't that impress your kids even more? You could probably work on 4 octave two hand arpeggios in some cool minor key and "impress" them with it if you did it fast with a crescendo or something, but again, I don't believe in developing technique outside the context of repertoire, only because the same technique can be developed by thoughtful selection of repertoir.

Do you have any music stores around you that stockpile sheet music? Take an afternoon and wander around looking in the books for things that look like they might be in your range and have some of the techniques you are looking to develop. Or start listening to more classical music.

oh, there's a piece "Rustle of Spring" - I don't know who it's by, but I just remembered hearing my brother play it last weekend.. it's got a bunch of fast sorta things like that as I recall but I'm not otherwise familiar with it.

-Paul

Moderated by  platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission