2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
29 members (crab89, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, Fried Chicken, CraiginNZ, bwv543, Cominut, 9 invisible), 1,250 guests, and 280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
B
I don't think AZN meant his original posting to be about the teaching/learning skills although that is a consideration on teachers minds when we see gross examples of it.

I am thinking about the sometimes actions of certain people who apply their darker side and "win" situations by doing something subtle, insincere or unethical which places another teacher and their student(s) at a disadvantage. Or, perhaps, they work at removing strong competition from another teachers studio by not selecting them as "winners" purposely, which basically stacks the deck in the behalf of the perpetrator.

That is why it's important to choose judges and master teachers who do not participate the same local activities you do - the expert from out of town would be a better choice.

Personalities sometimes do fall into these areas of deception or slight taking "cut-sies" at the water fountain.

Sometimes the outcome is that someone really talented and prepared is eliminated in the early rounds or doesn't get to the winners circle although it was expected that he would do well, and in fact, did do well.

This scenario is the kind of thing that requires discovery and attention when it is happening.
Part of my job required attention to ethics questions when I was a chapter president - a total of 3 years.

MTNA creates a community of teachers at the local chapter which is where the democracy of the group and it's actions are the business of the members of that community. The concensus seems to be that teachers are on a life long growth trip to continuing education. It's highly supportive and positive and functions as well as the members in any group are contributing and participating. MTNA is not a policing society - it's ethics are self governed by the members - a pledge we make.

Betty

MTNA

btb Offline
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Heavy boring democratic tosh ... shades of the
biblical "Am I my bother's keeper" ... committee
resolutions have a knack of ending up as wishy-washy waffle.

Get out there chaps ... and say what you really think ... that's if you simply have to.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission