2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
32 members (admodios, busa, Cominut, drumour, Foxtrot3, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, 6 invisible), 1,167 guests, and 280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#923477 11/20/06 12:24 AM
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
John has written many posts highly regarding his piano since he purchased it approx 1.5 years ago; so, naturally I've long awaited the chance to meet up with his prized Vogel.

The opportunity arrived this weekend when John invited a few PW locals to his home. Unfortunately, not too many were able attend due to other demands in life that need to be met. As for myself, John and Leebea, we took advantage of being able to join together for an afternoon of entertaining one another at the keyboard, good conversation and a wonderful spread of food and refreshment!

The next time I read a review that John has so eloquently posted on his Vogel, I'll truly understand the pleasure he derives from this gorgeous looking/sounding instrument.

Thanks, once again, John for opening your home and providing this chance to enjoy a small social gathering.

Oh, and I should mention that at one point there was a power outage but we didn't let that stop us! After having a bite to eat we found our way back to the music room and John proceeded to play by candlelight!

Lee, wonderful to see you after such a long absence! We both have a long journey to reach John's level but it's great to be inspired!

John, Terry and Lee
[Linked Image]

John entertained us on his lastest addition to his music room; the clavichord. What a delight to have our own private concert!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Sorry that I missed out. And I so wanted to actually try a clavichord too. It's beautiful John!

LL

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
J
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
J
Thank you for coming Terry, and for the nice pictures!

LL - please come by and give the clavichord a try. You'll be hooked. wink

John

Current works in progress:

Beethoven Sonata Op. 10 No. 2 in F, Haydn Sonata Hoboken XVI:41, Bach French Suite No. 5 in G BWV 816

Current instruments: Schimmel-Vogel 177T grand, Roland LX-17 digital, and John Lyon unfretted Saxon clavichord.
Let me add my thanks for a great gathering. It's always a pleasure to get together with friends and to be in the company of such talent. John plays flawlessly even by candlelight. It was not only entertaining but educational to see and hear some early versions of our present day 'piano'.

Lee B.
J
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
J
Originally posted by leebea:
Let me add my thanks for a great gathering. It's always a pleasure to get together with friends and to be in the company of such talent. John plays flawlessly even by candlelight. It was not only entertaining but educational to see and hear some early versions of our present day 'piano'.
I am so glad you came, Lee. I enjoyed your company and hearing you play.

John

Current works in progress:

Beethoven Sonata Op. 10 No. 2 in F, Haydn Sonata Hoboken XVI:41, Bach French Suite No. 5 in G BWV 816

Current instruments: Schimmel-Vogel 177T grand, Roland LX-17 digital, and John Lyon unfretted Saxon clavichord.
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Wow! Thanks for sharing Terrytunes.

Wow, John, what a set up! Nice. Gorgeous instruments. Ooooh, that clavichord is stunning.

BTW, the candlelight sounds just lovely, how romantic.

"Hunger for growth will come to you in the form of a problem." -- unknown
J
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
Sorry to have missed this. I agree with Bernard - nice set up, John! Some observations and quetions...

Your clavichord is much larger in size than I thought it would be. I was remembering an old sales brochures from Zuckermann Harpsichords from 1980 (I pulled the brochures out and I'm looking at them right now.) They had (still have?) a tabletop "fretted clavichord" 39" in length, but also a bigger one more the size of your clavichord I'm thinking, a 5 octave unfretted clavichord 64 1/12" in length.

Yours is a beauty - what kind is it, again? A Hubbard??? That's an interesting looking wood grain. Do you know what kind of wood the case is? Also, the reverse key coloring is a real eye catcher. Is that easy to adjust to, playing wise?

In the 2nd photo, do I detect a console piano to your left? I think you said you have a Belarus? (I'm probably remembering that wrong.)

And is that the virginal you have sitting on top of it? laugh

Again, what a terrific set up. smile

Jeanne W

Music is about the heart and so should a piano be about the heart. - Pique

1920 Steinway A3
My Piano Delivery Thread:
https://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/107473/1.html
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
I'd love to have joined y'all, but MA is a bit far from VA. John, my son would be begging me to buy one if he saw your Clavichord! He played one at W&M and announced that he wanted one. I told him to start saving up. wink

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission