2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
35 members (Erinmarriott, 20/20 Vision, Animisha, beeboss, Cominut, brennbaer, crab89, aphexdisklavier, admodios, busa, 4 invisible), 1,319 guests, and 279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
A casual Saturday afternoon gathering it was at Beelady's! Enjoying each others music and having a chance to get to know one another a little bit better. It was great having a chance to meet with Jeanne since she was unable to join us for the last gathering at Beelady's house.

Thanks Beelady, once again for providing another opportunity to play your beautiful piano.

And special thanks to G, Beelady's son, who assisted in making the most delicious fresh squeezed lemonade!!

[Linked Image]

JeanneW

[Linked Image]

JeanneW - Beelady - Terrytunes (edit on pic)

[Linked Image]
Beelday & G

Z
Z
Hi all three,

Nice shots -- enjoyed seeing them -- love that gorgeous piano. Hope G is playing it too -- sure he is.

Thanks, and buy the way, what did you guys perform for each other?

Zongora

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
zongora thanks. These get togethers are inspiring me to practice! Both Terry and Jeanne had brought along binders with prepared music in them...Something I plan to mimick..

Jeanne blew us both away when she played piece after piece that she had composed herself, and this with only a bit more than 6 lessons in her life! WOW!

Terry has a few huge binders with all sorts of music, standard, movie music, a hymn or two etc. Lovely...

As for me I could only muster a few, Ashokan Farewell, a Grieg lyric piece and some Mozart (for G!) the Twinkle Twinkle variations.

G plays his own arrangement (by ear) of a Lord of the Rings theme and Twinkle Twinkle "the Mozart Way" with a few trills thrown in...

But for most of the afternoon, Mr. BeeLady spirited all the boys away so we girls could have the house, and piano, to ourselves...

Isn't PianoWorld Great?

BeeLady

Life is like a roll of toilet paper...the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes!
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Looks like a great time!

Z
Z
Bet it was twice as much fun having a gorgeous piano like yours to play on.

Having music in binders is a good idea. Sometimes when I only like one piece from a book that has tons, I copy it and keep it separate for convenience.

I love the music of Grieg and play much of it often. My favorites are "A Dream", "At Thy Feet", "I Love Thee", well -- I could go on and on.

Zongora

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Kathyk.... missed you and the other members of our NE group! This was Jeanne's opportunity to check out Beelady's piano. I sort of tagged along but enjoyed every minute!

I marveled at Jeanne everytime she started playing a new song. When she would finish I would ask her.. what did you name that one?? and she would reply.... "1999"!!! or whatever year it was that she wrote it!! I think we should have another gathering so Jeanne can play her songs and we can help her put a name to them! Thanks for sharing with us Jeanne!

I also enjoyed the chance to hear Beelady play her piano. She has a wonderful touch on the keys and listening to her play was delightful.

Zongora.. I haven't played to much in the way of classical music since my teens!! I started playing ragtime in my 20's and now in my 50's continue to enjoy ragtime. My mother enjoyed her era of music, showtunes etc and since she was the one who was the most responsive to making requests I played music that she enjoyed.

Upon joining PW and having had a few chances to meet with members I've decided to review some of my classical pieces from many years ago. It brings back memorable thoughts of my grandfather and how much he enjoyed opera, the symphony his violin and places like Tanglewood. It gives me a feeling of being connected to him everytime I practice what he would have enjoyed listening to. Although, I will never completely overlook some of my old time favorites; As Time Goes By...Blue Moon, Misty, Heart.

I've brushed up on Chopin's Waltz in C# Minor, Sinding/Rustle of Spring and Beethoven/1st Movement from Moonlight Sonata and I've just added Bach's/Sheep may safely graze along with Chopin Nocturne Op 72. Both pieces recommended from posts that I happened to read on PW.

So, here I am the other night printing out your post from the Adult Beginner Forum (I believe it was) and highlighting all of your favorites for the next time I'm looking to add another piece to my binder. I enjoy the posts and stories you have added to the forum and therefore I think I will enjoy your selection of music as well.

I'll keep you posted!

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Beautiful piano in a beautiful room with 3 beautiful ladies. Wish I was there! (I hope that doesn't sound too much like Tom-k*~!)

Terry, I want to see pics of the brown piano in a plum room.

How do you guys choose these colors? Most of my walls are boring white...

Derick

Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Derick... hmmmm, how did I come up with this color??? I probably saw it while flipping through a magazine or advertisement of some sort. I've been working on putting this room together for about a year... I'm very slow!! Don't think you are the only with with ADD!!

It is a deep plum. I now have a floor lamp next to the piano and hope to put up some (white) crown molding.

[Linked Image]

The pic doesn't really show the "true" color. I'll have to try another one sometime with the ceiling fan lights off.

I've been into homes where the white walls are just fine. thumb

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Wow, I like that too. Beelady's room is bolder, but your piano still stands out against that wall and looks great.

Several years ago I shrank the size of my bedroom after painting it 25 different colors. Ok, only 5, eventually I settled on a pale blue but never really liked it.

Derick

Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Derick:

How do you guys choose these colors? Most of my walls are boring white...
Derick
No trick really, more like middle age, as my hair loses it color I opt to put it back elsewhere! Besides, its only paint, if you don't like it you paint over it!

Now Benj Moore and others have those little bitty sample bottles so you can try out all sorts of colors. Go for it!

While I agree, Derick, the red looks bold in pictures, in person it is more neutral and comforting, like being in the womb, I think.

BeeLady

Life is like a roll of toilet paper...the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes!
K
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
K
Wow
I just saw this thread.
Brings back good memories of when I got to play Beelady's piano.

Big Smile.

J
Joy Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
Thanks for sharing your piano moments.

I love that combination: red wall, wood floors, satin ebony grand and fresh lemonade. I can almost hear the music too.

Joy

smile

K
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
K
Joy did you notice the original painting by Jose on the wall?
It is the face of Beelady with the body of a bee playing a Steinway.

J
Joy Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
You mean that one under the clock? I wish it were bigger so we can all see it better. frown

I love José's artwork. And I still treasure that little vase he made for me.

Joy

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
For Joy, smile
[Linked Image]

BeeLady

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Excellent response time, Bee!
An intriguing picture too ... tons of character! ... a real smiler. smile

I'm confused about your son's name, though. I think he's been referred to as "G" and also as Jose. Could you clear that up for me? Good looking kid, btw.

Bob

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Jose is Kenny's friend. Cool picture!

J
Joy Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
What a great image to start my morning with! I love it.

What a wonderful graphic, full of charm, wit and affection.

Thanks so much for scanning, posting and sharing it with us, BeeLady.

Kenny's home is covered with works by both himself and José --- mixed with other vintage collectibles. An eyefest.

Joy

smile

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
It sure makes me smile! smile

I hope to see kenny's "gallery" someday myself!

BeeLady

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission