2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
65 members (antune, Colin Miles, anotherscott, AndyOnThePiano2, danno858, benkeys, brennbaer, DaCapoDiTuttiCapi, APianistHasNoName, 9 invisible), 1,866 guests, and 334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
LJC Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
L
Linda Thats terrific. I'm sending a PM. Lee

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Cool Linda - I'm looking forward to seeing you again!

If you don't talk to your children about equal temperment, who will?
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thanks Lee and Jon!

I'm eager to see everyone, again, and to hear you play on Lee's Hamburg D! smile

I better get my butt in gear, here. I'll need to leave in about 20 mins. if I'm going to arrive on time.

See ya later . . . Linda

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Dear Mr. & Mrs. LJC:

Many thanks for hosting yesterday's piano gathering in your beautiful home. Lee, it was a pleasure to meet your lovely family and to hear everyone play on your superb Hamburg D!

The talent at these parties never ceases to amaze me. It is truly inspirational to watch all of you play. I am most grateful to those of you who welcome us into your homes to share a music-filled afternoon. In addition to your musical talent, you are kind and generous human beings. It is my great good fortune to know you!

Thanks, again . . . Linda

L
LJC Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
L
Linda thanks so much for making the effort. I know what a long drive it was for you. It was great to see you again. Glad you enjoyed it as did I. I'll be posting some photos and I little run down hopefully tom. Lee

L
LJC Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
L
First off thanks to Linda for driving so far. Not only is it far but she hit one of our famous LI traffic jams, oouch. ....I had no idea it was that hard to come to LI from Staten Island if you dont drive. Ferry to subway to penn station to the LIRR to Sayville. Thanks Joe for the effort and I thought Jon would have an easy time of it but he couldnt catch the LIRR at Jamaica for some reason and had to back track to Penn Station. I really appreciate the effort it took to get to Blue Point. And now I find that you guys had to wait there at the station, jeez. Elena, we were all jealous when we heard about Jim's acquisitions bought privately. Jim is actually a friend of Kong's although I had met him before. It was a 6 foot Grotrian grand for a grand total of 500 bucks! Not to mention the Steinway which went to I think his sister as Jim already had a 20s vintage B not to mention an art case A. The Grotrian evidently needs alot of cosmetic work but other than that is OK. Jim is up to the task having refinished the art case A himself. I saw it, its beautiful. Besides what Joe mentioned Jim also played a jazz piece called Lenny's Pennies based on the Sinatra classic Pennies from Heaven by Lenny Tristano. Jim has that jazz stuff down....Then Joe came up and said I have something but its weird, I suppose not knowing how the classical oriented would take to it. I told Joe we would expect nothing less and then Joe played Enchanting under the Stars by Michale Byron. Joe said he was just working on it but it sounded pretty polished to me. In other words Joe really nailed it. I think some of us were speechless. I have to hang around Joe more he is definately expanding my musical horizons. The piece was fairly long and technically difficult... Next up was Jon w/ the g minor Ballade that he is currently putting the finishing touches on. Hes got it to about 95% and it was a very good interpretation. I thought it was really cool that he memorized the piece already. Jon do you memorize it as you learn? Kong then played a Brahms intermezzo op 117 no 2. 2 Nocturnes the revolutionary etude and the Aflat Polonaise. Linda played the French suite, Romance by Kuzmenko and then another piece or two. After I got back from dropping off Joe and Jon I played Rachmaninoff moment musical in bminor having only played my "Anthem' and a couple of other pop tunes earlier. Well that about does it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission