2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (Adam Reynolds, AlkansBookcase, APianistHasNoName, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, Chris B, Cheeeeee, 9 invisible), 1,670 guests, and 247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
I've been enjoying checking-in myself on this thread and pleased to know another opportunity for us to gather is only a few weeks away.

Those of us who have had prior experiences with piano gatherings don't need to have this thread further abound with how "wonderful" this gathering will be. We know.

For those of you who have never taken the plunge and might be contemplating joining us, well, this is your opportunity to indulge yourself for a grand time. wink

I had the most delightful opportunity to enjoy a pre-piano gathering event on Sunday and began to understand what has caused this event for taking so long to be presented!!
[Linked Image]

You see, this is a close group of piano music lovers who reside within walking distance or a very short drive from one another. What appears to be happening is the group meets for, let's say, lunch and they have so much fun when they get-together they totally lose track of the purpose for their "planned" gathering.

Well, a reoccurrence of nonproductive gathering plans came close to happening at our dinner party hosted by Roberta and her brother Ed as we were having just an enjoyable evening of piano playing featuring the talents of Jerry (A441), sumptuous food, & lively conversation.

[Linked Image]

But this time the group stayed on track and most of the details were resolved.

So, stay tuned and once I have a few further miscellaneous details confirmed with our Cape Cod hosts, I'll present a more appropriate post with some actual details.

I took lots of pics but this one is especially for Lilylady as I thought of her when I saw these rosewood keys!!
[Linked Image]

By all means, please don't forget about the brunch which Jerry and Linda Gloo are planning to host on Sunday morning in honor of their Steinway O's 100th anniversary!

[Linked Image]

Thanks so much to all of you on the Cape for the pre-party invite and for making me feel so welcomed.

N
N
For those of you who are planning to stay overnight, here are some websites or phone numbers for local motels.
Skaket Beach Motel in Orleans MA is a right turn off Exit 12 from Rt. 6 and your easiest access to the party. Telephone 1-800-835-0298.

The Cove Motel in Orleans is on Rt. 28 across from the Christmas Tree Shop. www.thecoveorleans.com

In Eastham on Rt. 6 there are 2 motels next to each other. They are only 3 min. from the Gloo's where the brunch is being held on Sun. morning. One is the Sheraton www.fourpoints.com and the other is Ocean Park Inn www.oceanparkinn-eastham.com
Please let me know if you need further directions to any of these motels.

Linda Gloo
A
A
As of yesterday, Sep 27, 16 rooms remained available at the Skaket Beach Motel for Oct 21 and 8 at the Cove Motel.
There are several other motels in the area.
Jeremy

A441
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
I'll be there! and bringing my cousin. We're going to take advantage of staying overnight so we can visit the area as well.

I saw those keys Terrytunes!!! ;-)

Have also tried to talk Steve Epstein (new AA) to join us with his wife. Poor thing, she already thinks that he has spent too much time searching for a piano, and now the parties start!

Did I miss the time?

Roberta

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
A
A
Hi Roberta..
Happy that you are joining us along with your guests.
The plan is to start at 12 noon Saturday October 21.
More details as "Time Goes By".
Jeremy

A441
A
A
Hi BeeLady
Glad to see that you will be joining us. Hope your family can come too. Your Steinway "A" is 105 years old this year I see. We will have to toast it!
We still talk about the good time that we had at your home.
Jeremy

A441
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Jeremy, I am working on the details for your Cape Escape. I don't think the family will attend but I hope to have Kathyk and Bernard in tow!

I have arranged an overnight place in Yarmouth but am still looking at other alternatives.

We so love the Eastham/Wellfleet area. It will be so nice to see it at the off season.

I can't wait to see all these M+H's that we have heard so much about!

BeeLady

Life is like a roll of toilet paper...the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes!
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Beelady,

We've made reservations at Skaket Beach Motel for Fri and Sat nite. http://www.skaketbeachmotel.com/

LL

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Stevetunes and I are also booked at the Skaket for Saturday nite. wink

The final details for this event are almost in place. Everyone who has expressed an interest to attend will receive an email outlining all the necessary info.

If you haven't chimed in yet and plan on joining us or think you might be joining us, send me a pm or better still make an announcement on this thread.

We are going to have sooooo much fun!! thumb yippie

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
All set. Lilylady and Terry, I have rooms at the Skaket as well. smile

BeeLady

Life is like a roll of toilet paper...the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes!
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Bee... excellent!!

I'll email the details to everyone who has signed up and to a few others who I hope will be joining us!! wink

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
The CAPE ESCAPE is getting more exciting...

We even might have a midnite party at the motel! Has anyone checked to see if they have a piano?

;-)

Hey KathyK, Bernard, Ax, and Septein, you aren't going to miss this are you?

Has anyone invited the Burgetts yet? or Bruce Clark or other MH family? I bet they would love to participate. And who was the member that hosted the Dr. Laul party? Has he been contacted?

Oooh...guess you can tell I am getting excited about this mini vacation!

LL

A
A
A correction due to my error (first time ever).
The Harrisons M&H "A" grand (1928) is a Boston built grand as is the Williams (1930).
I was also "built" in 1930!
Jeremy

A441
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
lilylady,
Hey KathyK, Bernard, Ax, and Septein, you aren't going to miss this are you?
As of right now, I'm all set to go! Sounds like it's going to be fun.

"Hunger for growth will come to you in the form of a problem." -- unknown
K
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
K
I will be there in spirit! 3hearts

A
A
Kenny....
We will miss you!!
Hope all is well!
Jeremy Gloo (A441)

A441
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by kenny:
<strong> I will be there in spirit! 2hearts

BeeLady

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
But, Kenny, we want the real thing! And of course your pianos would be welcome too. ;-)

Actually, I am writing to find out what the food tables will be...

Are we doing hors d'oeuvres at each house?

Something specific needed?

Or something for the morning get together?

Speak up, hosts!

LL

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Plant gifts:

I will be bringing some bareroot plants to share.

I just dug many super strawberry plants that were invading some special daylily seedlings. Last year and this, I had humongous strawberries from this patch. I will be bringing a large trayful (50? plants) to share with those attending. If you are interested in more, please let me know. I am putting trays out front of my house for local garden enthusiasts this week and will offer them on Craigslist, so I need to know if you would like them as gifts.

As well, I will bring some landscape hybrid daylilies to share.

I will put the gifts outside my car when I arrive. If you wish some, please bring appropriate grocery plastic bags or pots to bring them to your home - and help yourselves.

A special plant will be given to each host as well as a thank you for opening your home to us.

The Lilylady

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
I'm in too and excited. thumb Should we plan on a wild party at the Skaket Saturday night?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission