2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
70 members (Carey, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, accordeur, akse0435, Barry_Braksick, BadSanta, danbot3, 13 invisible), 1,830 guests, and 303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
<h1>Piano World Member's Recording Compilation Project</h1>
<h2>Volume 1</h2>

The Piano World Member's Recording Compilation Project (PW-MRCP) aims to create a compilation of recordings by Piano World members. The deliverable of this project will be a set of professionally pressed CD's containing recordings submitted by Piano World members.

The outline of the project plan is presented HERE .

<h2>Call for Recording Submission</h2>

This thread invites interested members to consider submitting a recording for the Project.

Please post to this thread only to declare your intention to submit a recording. Please use THIS THREAD for general discussion/comments.

To aid proper planning of the project, members should be fairly certain that they can follow-through with their intention to submit a recording before declaring their intention here.

When declaring your intention to submit, there are only TWO pieces of information that is required: the LENGTH of the intended submission (e.g., "5 minutes"), and your Piano World Screen-Name.

Information such as the title of the piece you intend to record, the name of the composer, the opus number, arrangement, etc. are encouraged but not yet required at this point. (We will need them eventually, but we figure we can get by without them for another month or so as far as planning is concerned. But providing the extra information may help avoid having different people submitting recordings of the same piece -- e.g., it would be a little awkward to find out at the last minute that we have twenty people submitting a recording of Greensleeves using the same piano arrangement. laugh ).

A few things to keep in mind as you think about submitting a recording:
  • <font color=#880000 size=+1>Let us know by 30 September 2004</font>. If you intent to submit a recording, please let us know before 30 September 2004.
  • <font color=#880000 size=+1>COPYRIGHT:</font> Please be mindful of copyright issues -- please help protect Piano World and protect this Project by not submitting material that is still protected by copyright. THIS THREAD is setup for copyright-related query/discussion. The http://www.ascap.com/ website is also a good resource. Generally speaking, your improvisations and original compositions are fine, and pretty much any music published more than 75 years ago are fine -- so your Beethoven, Chopin, Mozart, Bach, etc. are all covered. smile
  • <font color=#880000 size=+1>RELEASE FORM:</font> To include your recording on the Compilation CD, you will be expected to sign a very simple release form stating that you allow the material you submit to be used royalty-free for this Project once (and only once for this Project, you will retain all rights to all the material you submit). This is to protect Piano World and this Project from any future copyright-related law suite. Your real name and signature will be required on this form, but this information will not be published with the Compilation CD (unless you explicitly want your real name to appear there). A draft of such a document will be posted for your reference in a couple of weeks.
  • <font color=#880000 size=+1>SKILL LEVEL:</font> This is a community project for every one who loves the piano, beginners, students, amateurs, professionals, concert pianists -- every one is welcome. So don't be shy.
  • <font color=#880000 size=+1>Is it "Piano only?"</font> No, your recording need not necessarily be a piano-only performance. We ask only that your recording involves the piano in some significant way. Other than that, feel free to be as creative as you would like.
  • Deadline to actually submit your recording will likely be December 31, 2004. This may change, but please plan with that date in mind for the time being.

OK... this is a long post and there are many things involved in getting a recording compilation out, but the basic message is this:

<font color=#880000 size=+1>We want your recording for a set of CD's that we will be compiling, so please think about it and let us know if you'd like to give us your recording for the compilation.</font> laugh

6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
The following table keeps track of who intends to submit what. I will keep it updated as more people declare their intention to submit recordings:

<table border=1>
<tr>
<th>Screen-Name</th>
<th>Expected Length
of Recording</th>
<th>Description</th>
</tr>
<tr text=#880000>
<td>Axtremus</td>
<td>4'33"</td>
<td>Solo piano improvisation based on a theme by John Cage
(this is just an example wink )</td>
</tr>
<tr text=#880000>
<td>sock-puppet</td>
<td>15 min.</td>
<td>Chopin, Andante Spianato and Grand Polonaise Brillante, Op. 22
(this is another example)</td>
</tr>
</table>

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I can submit solo or duo... one piano four hands or two pianos... hmmm..

Well for now I will just say it will not be more than 15 minutes long can possibly be as short as 4, whatever you prefer. I have to finish editing my current CD before I give the final word on which piece it will be. But count me in.

Elena
http://www.pianofourhands.com

Schnabel's advie to Horowitz: "When a piece gets difficult, make faces."
D
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
D
I'll submit the Romance in E minor by Liszt. 3mins approx.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
If I can get this recording thing worked I'll try to submit Etude Tableau in G minor - Rachmaninoff (just under 3 mins approx.)

CathyS

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by cathys:
If I can get this recording thing worked out I'll try to submit Etude Tableau in G minor - Rachmaninoff (just under 3 mins approx.)

CathyS

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission