2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
56 members (Carey, brdwyguy, David Boyce, beeboss, Chris B, Cheeeeee, Dalem01, 10 invisible), 1,873 guests, and 294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Ongaku roughly translates as soul or essence of music or sound. It's Japanese, although I'm not, at least this lifetime. But I do cherish transcendent experiences involving sound and music, live and recorded, including Piano.

F
F
You may know already but there is a valve amplifier named the Ongaku by Audio-Note. It uses all solid silver conductors and cost £55000 in 1995. I don`t own one smirk

Will
Oooooh, yes. There is a whole realm or world of high end audio analogous to "Grand Obsession"; searching for that certain elusive, hard to describe something that hits the spot. The Audionote Ongaku raised the bar as they say on this side of the pond.

Just for fun: There are two Audionotes, Japan and UK; the UK being the ex distributor for the other...I Heard the AudioNote Japan Ongaku at a hifi show in '93. Amidst the boom and sizzle all the adjacent exhibit rooms were showing off with, the AN room played a variety of LPs quietly. As each selection ended, Piano and Flute duet, Bill Evans, stuff like that, it was apparent that the noise leaking in from the other rooms was about as loud as the music being played, but one only noticed the music while it was playing, as if the the noise went away and only the music mattered. Pleasurable, and mind opening!

I'm enjoying Denon high end audio, the S and SA series, which has some of that elusive Ongaku, with a relatively smaller pricetag, more Yamaha than Fazioli in Piano terms...

Cheers,

H

Than, not that...at similar currency levels.

F
F
Agreed, I use a Denon SACD/DVD player and it`s very nice. No coaxial out but the optical sounds pretty good.

ed: typo

Will
aspenxtreme is taken from the movie "AspenExtreme" wich I liked in college, and my cats name is Aspen, and at times she can be a Asspain, so I like the name aspenXtreme it kinda sums up allot. Aspen, Asspain, Pain in the ***. AspenXtreme!!!!!

He He........And someone nicknamed me AspenX and I liked that so it stuck as my signature.

Yamaha P115 Keyboard
A very old outta tune Baby Grand
A stack of piano music that I cant play !!!
L
L
My login name is kinda cute. Plus I'm one of the shortest people in my family (and I'm even the oldest out of three) and I'm a piano player, and created the nickname Little Pianist. smile

Bplary is pretty simple, Ben, and my last name Lary, middle initial P!

Mine is just a tribute to my favorite classical composer!

MmmmBalf has been my online identity for a long time for all sorts of things. My nickname has been Balf since I was a kid (derived from my surname). I started out using that, but I found that it was often already taken. One day when I'd had Balf knocked back, I was trying to come up with something else, and considered MBalf, since my first name is Michael. When I went to type it the extra m's just sort of came out wink Besides, I'm yummy. laugh (Seriously, not!)

Balf ♫

P
P
Wiki definition:
In geometry, a Platonic solid is a convex regular polyhedron. These are the three-dimensional analogs of the convex regular polygons. There are precisely five such figures. They are unique in that the faces, edges and angles are all congruent.

I'm a graphic artist who didn't want to starve, thus I'm employed as a product design engineer. I've been using this name since the beginning of time (internet time anyway). All the way back to when the most interesting thing to do online was chat on Napster and downloading an mp3 took 25 minutes over a 56k modem.

Kurzweil K2600xs - yeah, it's purple :p , Alesis M1 Active MkII Monitors, [b]Roland RD-300s Restoration Project[/b] completed.
I'm thinking of changing it to something more...musical. But right now I'm misslasagna because my dear lovely old Grandpa started calling me Lasagna after I requested it for my birthday dinner smile He lives a couple of states away so he likes compiling the bits and pieces he knows of me into something coherent.

My avvie currently is Mr. Beethoven, my favorite composer, but looking through this thread I've seen three other people with the same one, mostly with more posts than me (which means they have dibs) so I'll probably end up changing it.

EDIT: Changed avvie to different Beethoven image...hopefully this will help avoid confusion. smile

You cannot always have happiness, but you can always give happiness.
Just been my nickname for years, it probably started because my given name is Luke, although almost nobody calls me that, not even my folks any more wink

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I used to be "Chopinmad" - for obvious reasons - but was unable to log in once I changed my password, due to some kind of mix-up. I was therefore quite angry, maybe even "hopping mad", so Chopinmad became without the C: hopinmad smile .

Patience's the best teacher, and time the best critic. - F.F.Chopin
U
UKM Offline
U
UKM = UnknownKirbyMan.

All there is to thinking...
Is seeing something noticeable
Which makes you see something
You weren't noticing,
Whaich makes you see something
That isn't even visible.

PM me if you want to play N.
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
C'mon, take a wild guess! [Linked Image]

Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and nuclear weapons.
HAHA!

Mine is pianocruisers because I own a PT Cruiser and drive to all my piano lessons to teach. It's very fitting and I can't think of anything I like better.

just cruisen...

I teach not for business, but for opportunity to give another child the love for music.
S
S
My name is Samuel. I was born in 1993 =]

Currently working on...
Chopin - Fantasie Impromptu in C sharp minor Op.66
Mozart - Piano Sonata in E flat K.282
Liszt - Romance in E minor "O pourquoi donc" S.196
B
B
My name is Brian Baker.....I guess i'm not that creative.

"Without Music, we could completely destroy the structure of the space time continuom"
Dr. Emmett Brown
M
M
Ah, not that creative, but out of a lot of the other login names, mine kinda sticks out like a sore thumb, so far...
Well, I just kinda mishmashed two words of my creation and there you go.
There's a whole story behind 'splendiferous' and 'idiotstick', but ya know...whatever.

I just thought it was kinda funny.

Currently working on:
-Die Moldau
-some jazz stuff
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission