Alot of people are actually criticizing ME and some showman pianist because their showmanship distracts their playing... It's always possible to commit mistakes and lose tons of notes...

For me... this manner of performing will give way for audiences that doesn't know classical to appreciate it.. I've watched many conservative pianist (non-showman) already but still showman pianist are praised and more popular... I've seen Cecil Licad perform... SHe's another showman pianist... My memories in her performance stayed with me for a long time...

anyway... In my personal experience... With full honesty, being showman is developed and not everyone is for "showman"... It's for distinct people only that has the innate talent to control music even if his feet is raised up in the air... It's all natural... It was an instinct that's developed on your own... There's no immitation... If you're not flambouyant, try being flambouyant and let's see if you can survive it...

Being showman actually wastes alot of energy... But to prove if you have the innate talent to become showman... Try performing a piece that's challenging for you and add color to it and try being flambouyant... After you've done that, try playing the same piece again or play another hard piece! If you develop the "FIRE" to play it again, it means you have the talent! If you'll say, "I can't do it anymore," being flambouyant is not for you!

Im not saying that FLAMBOUYANCE is always good! It's sometimes crucial! It's not good always! I personally believe that!

Anyway...

I have performed in a recital that I believe that my playing was not "clean" enough and I commit mistakes but still there's quite shout and loud applauses from audiences...... I've taken it to the "showman" way! My audiences are also musicians... I rushed studying the the piece that's why the piece is almost "not" good...

Well... for me... Musicians that will always be toooooooo showman, even if you're already doing audio recordings, is not good always! Believe me!

P.S.

For me... if you want to become flambouyant! TRY PERFORMING YOUre PIECES IN THE MOST MUSICAL WAY AND TRY TO WIN COMPETITIONS SO THAT YOU CAN GAIN "AUTHORITY" OF IT...