The 25th Anniversary William Kapell International Piano Competition and Festival is scheduled to take place from July 16 - July 25, 2003.

The application deadline is February 1, 2002, and eligibility requirements are just that the contestant be between the ages of 18 and 33.

The first prize winner will receive $20,000 and a performance with the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra. The second and third prize winners, who will also play in the final round with the Baltimore Symphony, will receive $10,000 and $5,000 respectively.

The application / brochure is available online at www.claricesmithcenter.umd.edu and inquiries can be e-mailed to www.claricesmithcenter.umd.edu

Tickets will be available to festival events, as well as to competition rounds. Festival events include masterclasses, lecture demonstrations, and workshops.

Jarl Hulbert
Assistant Coordinator
William Kapell International Piano Competition
Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center, Suite 3800
College Park, Maryland 20742-1625

- Frank B.
Piano World

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!