From the All About Jazz website (www.allaboutjazz.com)

PITTSFIELD, Massachusetts, August 14, 2006 - The second annual Pittsfield CityJazz Festival today announced the lineup for the Oct. 12-15 event, and it includes something for everybody: Jazz Masters, up-and-coming artists, big bands, and a major educational component. Supported by lead sponsor the Legacy Banks Foundation and other regional businesses, the Festival will initiate the jazz program at the newly-restored Colonial Theatre, and will include Dr. Billy Taylor, the T.S. Monk Sextet, Phil Woods, the Jazz Ambassadors big band, and the educational program JazzReach.

Besides the nationally-known performers, the festival includes a week-long jazz-in-the-schools program; a free recital by Jazz savant Tony DeBlois; and the appearance of regional artists in restaurants and other Pittsfield venues all weekend. JazzReach will also conduct two workshops for area high schools on Friday afternoon, Oct. 13.

“Arts and culture play a critical role in fueling the economic engine of Berkshire County, to which the Pittsfield Jazz Festival has already become a major contributor,” said Legacy Banks chairman and CEO J. Williar Dunlaevy. “The Legacy Banks Foundation is proud to serve as the lead sponsor of this multiple-day event that attracts thousands of visitors to Pittsfield, significantly impacting the economic development of our community.”

Read the Rest of the Details

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!