2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
70 members (AlkansBookcase, 36251, benkeys, Charles Cohen, 20/20 Vision, bcalvanese, booms, Bruce Sato, Carey, 9 invisible), 1,922 guests, and 266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#880659 04/14/05 01:04 PM
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Nina:

I'm equally surprised and disappointed that some of the moderators think that cheering on the "get him" mentality is appropriate.
you know what - that is not fair. I am still me.

If it is, than I quit... moderate your own dam forum

accompanist/organist.. a non-MTNA teacher to a few

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)
#880660 04/14/05 01:11 PM
Y
yhabpo Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
I do not feel threatened. There is no need for me to defend myself.

What I feel is disgust. You sick monsters have caused me enough grief through your government’s atrocities. I dare try to shine a ray of truth upon the squabbling mass and they react to it as a minor irritation, going about in their blank activities.

I was foolish to think that the American people were not evil. I wished that they were, too, the victim of their administration. This forum has proved the opposite. The people living within are murderous and hateful, their abhorrence equalling or even surpassing their tax-funded soldiers. Some Americans claim to agree with me, yet they still pay taxes, making them a hypocrite.

Anyhow, I will continue my probably futile attempt to convince some of patrons here. Some people here have proven to be a pleasant surprise.

#880661 04/14/05 01:12 PM
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
"This movement is no more about following the example of Christ than Bush's Clean Water Act is about clean water."
Amen!

These people are genuine bona fide loonies. They want to eliminate secularism from the US government, destroy all governmental programs like social security, medicare, and medicaid, repeal Roe vs. Wade, force schools to teach their brand of religion, and stack the courts with their likes. Of course, then they won't be called activist judges because they will act at their bidding. wink

IMHO, they are extremely dangerous. Funny thing is, I don't think most Americans realize just how dangerous.

#880662 04/14/05 01:19 PM
J
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
J
Originally posted by yhabpo:

I was foolish to think that the American people were not evil. I wished that they were, too, the victim of their administration. This forum has proved the opposite. The people living within are murderous and hateful, their abhorrence equalling or even surpassing their tax-funded soldiers. Some Americans claim to agree with me, yet they still pay taxes, making them a hypocrite.
Nope. Can't find any good here. Tried. Looked real hard, too. Yep, we're real *evil* for wanting to go after this sicko.

#880663 04/14/05 01:21 PM
J
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
J
Apple*, please, stay with it.

#880664 04/14/05 01:25 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by apple*:
Originally posted by justme:
[b] Larry, I used to get quite upset over yahbdoodoo posts. Not anymore. Personally, I think the guy's an idiot. But, then he probably thinks I'm... well... who knows or cares what he/she thinks about me. I'm sure the thoughts aren't pleasant but then he/she probably thinks they're so superior to me they don't have time for thoughts of me.

Anyhow, as much as I have a hard time sometimes with your sometimes brutal posts I *thoroughly* enjoy when you get brutal with yhabdoodoo. Unless it's unhealthy for you I say GO FOR IT!!! This guy's fair game.
You're most brilliant post ever Justme... Way to go. [/b]
With all due respect apple, this doesn't imply an ability to be able to put your personal feelings to one side - a pre-requisite for the job of moderator.

I hope I'm wrong and I'm willing to be corrected.

I enjoy Yhabpo's posts and the responses to them.
Please let's not have a repeat of the Wacky - is he or isn't he a troll? - type of hysteria we had a few months back.

How now, brown cow.
#880665 04/14/05 01:31 PM
J
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
J
Originally posted by ycul:

Please let's not have a repeat of the Wacky - is he or isn't he a troll? - type of hysteria we had a few months back.
lucy, if I remember correctly Wacky wasn't trying to be deliberately inciteful. This guy is. See above post. I don't think anyone should be banned. Sockpuppets and trolls can be ignored. This guy clearly means to offend people. Some of us feel we should have the right to fight back and clearly Larry is our best weapon.

#880666 04/14/05 01:33 PM
I do not feel threatened. There is no need for me to defend myself.

What I feel is disgust. You sick monsters have caused me enough grief through your government’s atrocities. I dare try to shine a ray of truth upon the squabbling mass and they react to it as a minor irritation, going about in their blank activities.

Anyhow, I will continue my probably futile attempt to convince some of patrons here. Some people here have proven to be a pleasant surprise.
Save a SUV, shoot an Arab.

Ya know, I could get into this "monster" stuff..... :t: :t: :t: :t: :t: :t:

TNCR. Over 20 years. Over 2,000,000 posts. And a new site...

https://nodebb.the-new-coffee-room.club

Where pianists and others talk about everything. And nothing.
#880667 04/14/05 01:36 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Careful Jolly...RZ may be keeping a tally of those allusions to violence. wink

"My atheism, like that of Spinoza, is true piety towards the universe and denies only gods fashioned by men in their own image, to be servants of their human interests." - Santayana
#880668 04/14/05 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Eusebius:
Careful Jolly...RZ may be keeping a tally on those allusions to violence. wink
It's actually a play off of a country music song title, "Save a horse, ride a cowboy", but that one didn't quite fit here.....

#880669 04/14/05 01:42 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by ycul:
[b]
lucy, if I remember correctly Wacky wasn't trying to be deliberately inciteful. This guy is. See above post. I don't think anyone should be banned. Sockpuppets and trolls can be ignored. This guy clearly means to offend people. Some of us feel we should have the right to fight back and clearly Larry is our best weapon. [/b]
Peggy, I think Wacky *was* trying to be inciteful but probably not using quite the same technique as Yhab.
I like his posts and find they illuminate many issues for me either through his opinions, his sources or - and probably most importantly - the counter-arguments he provokes from posters of the opposite political persuasion. *That's* why I think he's an important poster to have around.
I can ignore his bile. That's *his* problem. smile

How now, brown cow.
#880670 04/14/05 01:43 PM
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
[b]

Nope. Can't find any good here. Tried. Looked real hard, too. Yep, we're real *evil* for wanting to go after this sicko. [/b]
How long did it take for inhabitants of the US South to get over the Civil War? Did the enmity last 10 years? 20? 100? Still?

Can you imagine what enmity would have arisen if a foreign power had directly put troops onto US soil to aid either side? Would there be more or less enmity towards that government?

Europe, the UN and the US - all have toyed with the Middle East - carved it up, imposed or dethroned local governments.

Is the expectation that there will be no enmity in return? Everyone meant well in the civil war as well. (Heck, I still think the South had a more compelling and more righteous case - that state's and their inhabitants should have a fair amount of self-determination.)

It would seem that we have higher expectations of others than we do of ourselves.

All Yhapbo is saying is that there are plenty of apologists for this administration on these forums. If he sees our government as pursuing "evil" purposes, then these apologists are supportive of that "evil." One doesn't have to agree to understand his point.

You and I have supported the notion that people should tolerate (welcome) Larry's gruff style. Why should it be different for Yhapbo?

K

#880671 04/14/05 01:46 PM
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
To the point of the original article:

There isn't a politically active person anywhere in this country, of any philosophical viewpoint, that isn't actively trying to "remake America in their own image." Frankly, that's the point of all political activity. What puzzles me about the situation being written about isn't that Christians are trying to shape the country in a way that they want. What is far more puzzling, and troubling, to me is the hypocrisy shown by people who think that that's wrong, or that it's any different from what they themselves are actively trying to do.

#880672 04/14/05 01:46 PM
Apparently, the Rolling Stone article that started this fight got very much under some peoples skin. Re-reading it made me wonder why. Do they not want us to consider the possibility that the United States could become a larger version of the Massachusetts colony as governed by the Puritans. If the separation of church and state that has existed in this country since its founding is breached, where do those who disagree with the majority go? There's no Rhode Island or Pennsylvania readily available to flee the tyranny.

Big Al

#880673 04/14/05 01:55 PM
J
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
J
Originally posted by kluurs:
You and I have supported the notion that people should tolerate (welcome) Larry's gruff style. Why should it be different for Yhapbo?

K
Ken, I find it very hard to appreciate anything about Yhapbo. I have tolerated Yhapbo and have said I would not like to see him banned. He has a perfect right to say what he would like. My post to Larry was to infer that. I have a difficult time arguing with Yhapbo simply because not only doesn't he take me seriously, he has absolutely no respect for me. He has illustrated that in the past. He considers me and my ilk as mere nothings. Therefore, I welcome Larry to go after him. I can't fight him but Larry can. He understands Larry and for some sick reason prefers that form of argument. He seems to actually welcome it.

I have friends who are Middle-Eastern. My animosity toward Yhapbo is not racially motivated, at all. I almost married an Iranian back in the late 70s when an inter-racial marriage would not have been at all welcomed. His family's problem not mine. Please, do not think that this is a racist issue on my part. I would love to find a solution in the Middle-East. But, when people like myself are called *evil* I don't see it happening anytime soon.

#880674 04/14/05 02:05 PM
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I have many close arab friends (I've even learned to uvulate!).
I don't know any of them who voluntarily came to this country and speak the way yhabpo does. His opinion is accepted, and tolerated. But that does not mean that it hold equal value to every other opinion. Sorry, I'm no Egalitarian.

Has Yhabpo told us who and where he is yet? Is he middle-eastern? Persian? Arab? What? Who?

He seems to be here obviously to cause strife.
Fine.
But let's call it what it is.

It isn't insightful or provocative...
He may be, but we haven't seen him yet. The articles he copy/pastes are not for the most part.
It's fine that he doesn't reveal anything about himself personally... but then how can you expect to be taken seriously?
You can't expect to be a "regular poster" who is "taken seriously" and even considered "provocative" if you never let anybody know who you are.

#880675 04/14/05 02:16 PM
Originally posted by big al:
Apparently, the Rolling Stone article that started this fight got very much under some peoples skin. Re-reading it made me wonder why. Do they not want us to consider the possibility that the United States could become a larger version of the Massachusetts colony as governed by the Puritans. If the separation of church and state that has existed in this country since its founding is breached, where do those who disagree with the majority go? There's no Rhode Island or Pennsylvania readily available to flee the tyranny.

Big Al
DING! DING! DING!

Wrong, at least in some aspects.

The early history of this country is ignored by many, but church services were routinely held in the same building that Congress met in. Nobody found anything wrong with it at the time. And Jefferson was more than happy to prop his feet up, and listen to the sermon.

The Constitution gives us freedom of, not freedom from, religion. It is inconceivable that people's belief systems do not dictate their personal, and moral behavior.

We currently have many secular humanists trying to implement their vision of the world, as the law of the land. Why is it allowable for them to do so, and verbotten for the conservative Christian?

Politics is politics. If I can muster the votes, and stay within the bounds of the Constitution, look out folks, 'cuz here I come...

#880676 04/14/05 02:20 PM
Y
yhabpo Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
I have a difficult time arguing with Yhapbo simply because not only doesn't he take me seriously, he has absolutely no respect for me. He has illustrated that in the past.
You are confused, and have exaggerated my words. I merely stated that males and females are vastly biologically unequal, and that society should optimize the distribution of roles by acknowledging this inequality. I have never said I have no respect for you. There are tasks in which you have an inherit advantage, and the same applies to me.

People have slowly wandered into inefficiency, being subjected to the fake opium that liberty leads to ultimate happiness.

Has Yhabpo told us who and where he is yet?
If I was a "fake" I would have told a lie to circumvent the label long ago.

#880677 04/14/05 02:28 PM
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
[QUOTE]
[qb] He considers me and my ilk as mere nothings. Therefore, I welcome Larry to go after him. I can't fight him but Larry can. He understands Larry and for some sick reason prefers that form of argument. He seems to actually welcome it.

I have friends who are Middle-Eastern. My animosity toward Yhapbo is not racially motivated, at all. I almost married an Iranian back in the late 70s when an inter-racial marriage would not have been at all welcomed. His family's problem not mine. Please, do not think that this is a racist issue on my part. I would love to find a solution in the Middle-East. But, when people like myself are called *evil* I don't see it happening anytime soon.
I don't think it is racist at all.

I think Yhabpo has trouble being heard because of his passion - and he uses terms of derision - but so what? It may help to dismiss him - just as "winger" or "lefty" cause people to dismiss the person who uses those terms.

A good lesson for us all.

Imagine being taken from your home where you'd just had dinner with those who were closest to you...you were found guilty on trumped up charges, tortured and executed. Could you forgive those who did all of this to you.

Could you love them?

That's the standard for Christians.

For much of the early history of the church people were crucified for no other reason than they dedicated themselves to Christ's teachings. They forgave their persecutors. They appreciated that they were given the opportunity to demonstrate their commitment to their Lord.

Now the standard is that if someone calls us a name, we demand retribution - and further want someone else to provide the retribution?

From Christ's standpoint, maybe things were better in the olden days.

Yhabpo's words are but a gentle breeze. Listen, if you will, ignore or try and understand. But to silence seems wrong.

Ken

Edit: I think some of the most horrendous things in history have come about from people not understanding one another. I would hope that in an age in which we can all communicate more easily and directly through the internet - that perhaps that will change...for the better, that is smile

#880678 04/14/05 02:32 PM
J
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
J
You are confused, and have exaggerated my words. I merely stated that males and females are vastly biologically unequal, and that society should optimize the distribution of roles by acknowledging this inequality. I have never said I have no respect for you. There are tasks in which you have an inherit advantage, and the same applies to me.

You have never said you have no respect for me but sometimes your actions imply it. Or, maybe, I'm over sensitive. If you say you respect me I'll take your word on it. Do you? I would welcome the opportunity to respect each other. And hope that I have only misinterpreted some of what you are saying.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bart K, Gombessa, LGabrielPhoto 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission