2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
56 members (Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 20/20 Vision, 36251, benkeys, 9 invisible), 2,042 guests, and 334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Larry, nice-looking post. Now are you willing to take it a step further and extend an invitation out to those who have left - PJ, kenny, JA, netizen etc. - to return, along with a promise to abstain from using personal attacks and to argue on the basis of ideas alone? As you said, we are all guilty, and I myself am willing to make such a promise and I bet those people I mentioned are, too. (Well, JA needs to make no such promise as he has never been rude.)

"My atheism, like that of Spinoza, is true piety towards the universe and denies only gods fashioned by men in their own image, to be servants of their human interests." - Santayana
B
B
Kathy, you can tell me to mind my own business if you want to, but I think you're being unfair to Larry. I think his first post in this thread was a great attempt to make the Coffee Room a better, friendlier place.

And by the way Kathy, I'm on your side when it comes to politics. I was very disappointed that George Bush won your election.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
And neither have you, Eusebius, except when you've been viciously attacked.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thank you for your support, kathy, but I have in fact taken some unfair jibes at lb and 89th of which I am not proud.

"My atheism, like that of Spinoza, is true piety towards the universe and denies only gods fashioned by men in their own image, to be servants of their human interests." - Santayana
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Kathy - do you know about the tea room?

accompanist/organist.. a non-MTNA teacher to a few

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)
Larry Offline OP
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Ballyhoo, I don't really know you, and see that you are very new here. Let me just say this. There is a long history here in which Larry has consistently played the part of antagonist in chief, (many liberal to moderate posters have fled because of the atmosphere) and again, if need be, I will resurrect threads to prove my points.

Larry Offline OP
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member

oh please Kathy...

give it a rest. There are those who feel as you do.. that Larry is whatever you choose to call him and they are comfortable separate from Larry.

http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/forum/19.html

Go enjoy yourself.. have some fun. That is what this forum is for... Share in the humanity here, positively.. You'll feel better and will want to come back soon I hope. I miss you.

accompanist/organist.. a non-MTNA teacher to a few

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Care to answer my question, Larry?

B
B
Hello Kathy. I'm not that new here, but I very rarely post in the Coffee Room. I've seen a lot of the nastiness here. But Larry seems genuine in his desire to make the Coffee Room friendlier. Why not give him a chance? In my opinion, your responses to him have not been constructive at all.

But I'll also say that, having read many of your posts, I do like you. (And I like Larry too.)

Originally posted by kathyk:
Ballyhoo, I don't really know you, and see that you are very new here. Let me just say this. There is a long history here in which Larry has consistently played the part of antagonist in chief, (many liberal to moderate posters have fled because of the atmosphere) and again, if need be, I will resurrect threads to prove my points.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Larry, that's a challenge! I dare you to try to pull up vitriolic posts of mine that will even begin to stand to yours. Game? [Thinking: OOhhh boy, this'll be fun!]

Y
Y
Well, let the lynching begin.

That's truly sad, Kathy. You want political balance. I want harmony. I see people. You see ideology.
Do you see terrorists as people? I do. You don't. It all comes down to politics, doesn't it?

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Apple, the Tea Room, sweet as it is, was not my idea. I've *always* talked with the boys (and, of course, girls). I won't be relegated to the kitchen. Talk civily with me or I'll move on to the next educated group, thank you very much. Life is too short to waste on Cretons.

Larry Offline OP
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Larry Offline OP
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by kathyk:
Larry, that's a challenge! I dare you to try to pull up vitriolic posts of mine that will even begin to stand to yours. Game? [Thinking: OOhhh boy, this'll be fun!]
From November 30th, one week ago

People can be so oblvious. I guess it's no great coincidence that all of the people who have spoken out and cited Larry's immoderate behavior as a prime factor as to why he would be a poor moderator are those who have been repeatedly, personally, degradingly, often obscenely and belligerently attacked by him. And conversely that the ones who find him so benevolent are the ones who largely share his political views, coddle and cajole him and otherwise, take care to not ruffle his very rufflable feathers. Wake up people. This kind of behavior is exactly what has driven countless people away from PW and the very type of behavior that should be routed out here.

And if anyone needs to be so childish as to blast me for my statement, go right ahead, but remember, I am not the one lobbying to be appointed PW Deputy Dog.

Larry Offline OP
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Larry Offline OP
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
I wish folks would stop characterizing the schism as liberals vs. conservatives. There are plenty of nice conseratives here who make their points without heinous insults or sly digs.

No, the schism is between those who are unspeakably rude and those who are not. We will soon be a moderated forum, and not a minute too soon, if you ask me. Hopefully that will work as a permanent restraining order against those few who utter insults and engage in over-the-top meanness due to a persistent lack of self-control.

Larry, I sincerely hope you mean it this time. I really do. Nevertheless, I'm glad the boards will soon be moderated so that we can have a reasonable standard of civility for everyone once and for all.

Larry Offline OP
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member
I will let the posts to this point speak for themselves. I have tried to start a post for the purpose of celebrating the good will that we have enjoyed the last few days (days oddly enough, that Kathyk has been absent) and to promote that good will by personally apologizing for any ill will I have been responsible for. Others have shown up to attack that attempt. I'll let the reader by the judge of which is constructive, and which is not.

I would appreciate it however, if after speaking your mind on it, we can get past the current ill will being spread and get back to the meat of my original post.

Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15

Moderated by  Bart K, Gombessa, LGabrielPhoto 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission