2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
61 members (anotherscott, AndyOnThePiano2, benkeys, brennbaer, APianistHasNoName, AlkansBookcase, Charles Cohen, BillS728, 11 invisible), 1,867 guests, and 330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 44 of 136 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 135 136
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Use super-hippo can oredi .... hehehe
(3 for $2 @ 2dollar shop)

How is everybody?

Digitus, how are you? ... and any updates? New K8 come oredi? Solved the double strike issue?
Triangle shape 3wheel Audi A6 coming?

Where is jarjar?
Polishing recital?

Jay : dropby Singapore for Depavali??

Hailun dealer in Johor Bahru base in Ulu Tiram
Genio Silent system installer
Piano Tuner tech +65 90228720 Singapore & JB 012 7702587
Jay Offline
Yeah Snoop maybe.... I want to check out the Fazioli laugh ... Also the A380

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
New K8 arrived over 2 weeks ago. Still settling in. No double-strike. It is clear that the previous K-8 had a fundamental geometry problem in the action. It's already been sent back to Japan.

The dream piano might arrive in late-March, one month earlier than anticipated. Having dinner tonight with the manufacturer (visiting Singapore for 24 hours). laugh

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Jay:
Yeah Snoop maybe.... I want to check out the Fazioli laugh ... Also the A380
A380 parking at T3. But T3 not open(is it?)
I manage to see it took off to sydney from my tampines factory!! I'm having funny ideas about the bed in the sky thing..... strange no one seems to be mentioning the obvious "funny idea". Haha haha

Yes, you gotta "wine taste" the Fazioli, or at least take a picture posing with the master tuner. Listen to the Clear/Sweet harmonics of italian wonder piano.

You've got mail.

Jay Offline
Oh yeah.. the bed.. I read it in the papers few days ago... It is a studio apartment built-in. I guess the air-ticket for that will cost a bomb. whome ... Since they have a studio apartment built-in, I wonder if they did consider putting a concert grand inside. Just like the cruisers....

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
oh... for special moment, $$ no problem

Well come to think of it, it might be in the pipeline... 300kg = avg 5 persons. But maybe must get Aviation approval fist. Wonder how the piano will sound with "thinner" air, flying at subsupersonic speed.... I can be the inflight tuner.. hehehe

I wonder if they did consider putting a concert grand inside.
Hmm...Isn't it too loud and heavy to place a 9 foot 500kg grand piano, maybe a baby grand. Does anyone know how grand pianos fair with constantly changing altitude and cabin pressure? wink

Regards
Young L.

Brodmann BG 187 (2008) and Yamaha U1 (2006)
E
E
Hi all,

Does anyone know the price of RX-2 and RX-3 in singapore?

Thanks

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Pop by Robert Piano for inquiry, price might differ from phone call. Centrepoint, Millenium Walk, Parway parade... + i more i always can't remember.

Just frankly ask the price say for own usage and comparing around first. Then you might hear "did you know...... kawai history da da da da.. specialze.... yamaha da da da.."

Anyway, all Kawai piano are excellent choice.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
The dealer for the high-end manufacturer I was referring to has corrected me. The warranty will be honoured if the RH of the environment is between 30% and 70%, and a partial D-C system installed. 'Partial' means heater bar with humidistat, but no humidfier portion (because it's obviously not needed here in Singapore!)

Originally posted by Digitus:
Whether it is 42% or 70% RH is actually far less important than *constant* RH. It is large RH swings over long periods of time that are bad for pianos. In the tropics if you can keep the RH of the air in the vicinity of the piano around 70% (+- 5%) I think is fine.

As an example, one particular high-end piano manufactrer does not perform 'tropicalization' on their pianos. However they will honour their warranty for their grand pianos as long as the instrument is in an environment with a more or less constant RH of 75% and a full Dampp-Chaser installation. The downside with this is that this manufacturer doesn't know that it is not possible to get a full Dampp-Chaser installation in Singapore (at least not when I tried).

The bottom line is that although you have to be careful with pianos and RH, these things are actually far more hardy than you think. I have a 42 year old Schimmel console that spent its first 10 years in Singapore, then the next 9 years in a warehouse and then in Tasmania, and then back in Singapore for the 23 years to the present (but not in my home). And it is still doing OK.

[b] Rains... if you do a search in the forum, you find a lot of debate pertaining to the season for destination, tropicalised or climatised issue I think they work the same being 70% made of wood. I remember reading it in the forum, that piano makers cured their woods the same way, maybe some cured it differently but the variation is somewhere between 1-2% EMC. On tropicalised pianos, you noticed there are few screws on the ribs. I think the edges are also applied with extra layer of something, I think is lacquer – similar material used on the soundboard. I was told this process slow-down the absorption (especially for humid tropical countries) but it doesn’t stop the absorption. In long-term (constantly at 80-90%) they will still have problems. End of the day, whether the piano is tropicalised or not, manufacturers will still suggest that piano stays between 42-65% RH. IMO, if manufacturers have suggested the same figures for both season for destination and built for the world so what is the different! And, also piano warranty does not cover humidity issue. Regards.
[/b]

ello i saw a used kawai KU1 goin for abt 2k u guys think i shld get it? or shld i buy this Paco (mm im not sure bt the model) whom someone is sellin? it has no warranty coz a fren's fren is selling it...

rgds

A rose is a rose is a rose.
A
A
Originally posted by Digitus:
New K8 arrived over 2 weeks ago. Still settling in. No double-strike. It is clear that the previous K-8 had a fundamental geometry problem in the action. It's already been sent back to Japan.

The dream piano might arrive in late-March, one month earlier than anticipated. Having dinner tonight with the manufacturer (visiting Singapore for 24 hours). laugh
Digitus, I am going to checkout the K8 tomorrow. I have been following your thread regarding the K8 double strike problem. You also mentioned about the preparation as well.

Can you share with me, what should i look for, hear for?

S
S
Hi! Guy, I new here. Wanted to buy a used piano for my children. But not sure which brand to buy. Any brand and place to recommend to buy 2nd hand piano. Budget is about S$2500- S$3000. Thanks.

Jay Offline
Yo Singapore market... In the 80s new pianos were selling like hot cakes, particularly European and Japanese make. You even get to see various new piano models being displayed on the floor. Today almost 90% of the shops I visited in the last few years carries only used pianos. In fact, some showroom have over 50+ used pianos on the floor. With used japanese pianos flooding into the market and introduction of chinese pianos what do you see the future of European pianos (fully European assembled pianos) and new Japanese pianos (from Japan) in Singapore?
Regards.

Wah! So many adult beginners in s'pore. so glad...i'm not alone :p

I'm a great fan of Yiruma's and George Winston's music. Can someone help to recommend the type of piano that is suitable for their music? My place currently can only accomodate an upright and my budget is below 10k SGD. Guess i'll only get a grand after I got a new place and have attain some level of proficiency. help

Yo Singapore market... In the 80s new pianos were selling like hot cakes, particularly European and Japanese make. You even get to see various new piano models being displayed on the floor. Today almost 90% of the shops I visited in the last few years carries only used pianos. In fact, some showroom have over 50+ used pianos on the floor. With used japanese pianos flooding into the market and introduction of chinese pianos what do you see the future of European pianos (fully European assembled pianos) and new Japanese pianos (from Japan) in Singapore?
Regards.
Well, even though japanese cars now dominate the world mkt, upmkt european car makers still have their own followers and have maintain their stronghold in the luxury segment pretty well.

I think piano is fairly similar too. Establish top tier piano maker will continue to enjoy their prestige unless they do something silly that tarnish their own brand equity.

As for new japanese pianos, there will always be people who prefer brand new pianos becoz of the new improvements or maybe becoz there is less hassle.

laugh

Jay Offline
Very true... Toyota is one good example today....

G
G
Hello everybody

I am also located in Singapore and looking for a piano for my new home. At my parent's place, I played on U1 from Grade 1 to 8.

Budget is $10k but I am willing to pay more if the piano is REALLY good.

Used or new piano is OK, and upright or grand is also OK (got space). The only requirement is that the tone must be on the mellow side.

General feeling is that

1.Yamaha is out due to brightness
2.Made-in-china pianos are out due to quality
3.European pianos are out due to humidity.

Any suggestions? I've seen Cristofori at Bedok, Asia Piano at Singapore Shopping Centre, Music Clef at Suntec, Prince Piano at Textile Centre, Piano Gallery at IMM, Kawai at Millenia Walk, etc... but not really able to find something that is suitable... am I being picky or what?

Anyone got recommendations? Thanks!

Jay Offline
Have you tried music lodge.... check them too.

And why European pianos are out due to humidity? If that is the case, generally all pianos should be out cause they are made of wood. Maybe one day there would be a plastic piano.

The fact is there is nothing wrong with European pianos or American pianos or Asia pianos or etc, the climate is the problem.

Nope you not picky just that you haven't found one that suit your taste.. Continue shopping no rush I am sure you will find one that is a perfect match.
Regards.

G
G
Hi Jay

Sorry I should say, Eurpoean pianos are out due to SINGAPORE's humuidity / I don't want to spend $$ on dehumidifier and empty water bucket the whole day

I did a Yellow Page search, is this the one that you recommend? Is there anyone knowledgable working there that you recommend we can talk to? Thanks!

Music Lodge

170 Up Bt Timah Rd #01-16 Bt Timah Shopping Centre Singapore 588179
Tel : 6762 6378

I am desperate for a piano! Livign without one is quite torturous. So quite a few times wanted to just BUY but something holding me back, cuz i'll have to live with it for at least 5-10 years. haiz...

Page 44 of 136 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 135 136

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission