2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
56 members (Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Cheeto717, 12 invisible), 1,880 guests, and 264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 66 of 136 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 135 136
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
About a year ago Mr Kwan had a very nice sounding C7 that had just come in for restoration work. It was about 15 years old, and some of the ivory keys were yellowed and chipped and the case work had minor dings in it. But it sounded pretty good, and that was before Mr Kwan had started work on it. Maybe its still there laugh laugh

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
oh that C7 sold leow before Master shift to McKenzie laugh . Very nice indeed.

Waiting for another opportunity.

Wow!! 1300 post already, it has overtaken KLSE index laugh hehehe

Hailun dealer in Johor Bahru base in Ulu Tiram
Genio Silent system installer
Piano Tuner tech +65 90228720 Singapore & JB 012 7702587
Originally posted by keeferae:
Quote: macdoc

-------------------------------------------------
1) Thompson Plaza Yamaha.
2) Cristofori at Bedok.
-------------------------------------------------

Hi macdoc,

Does Cristofori sells Yamaha (used or new)? I know Cristofori carries many brands - Pearl River, Young Cbang, Samick, Bechstein, Rosnich, Knabe, Albert Weber, W Hoffman plus a few others.

But I don't remember them carrying Yamaha. [/QB]
They don't carry new Yamahas. They also carry Seilers. BTW thought the Schimmels at Thomson Plaza sounded so much better than their Bechsteins ....which again highlights another aspect of piano shopping - tuning. Some of the showroom models are so badly tuned/not tuned that it certainly doesn't do justice to the product itself.

Actually their own house brand - Cristofori, is fairly good value, too.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by keeferae:
Quote: Snoopycar
-------------------------------
which china piano?
ai yo.. cannot say here leh ..

Hi Snoopycar,

As you have said earlier "It was poor pre-purchase information i guess". I think fellow forum members will appreciate more info or views. I am sure you are aware that there are quite alot of "sparring" in this forum on the "likes" and "dislikes" of a particular piano or brand. So, I don't see any harm mentioning the brand. Also, there are lots of piano manufactured in China and I have learnt from this forum that it is "not fair" to classify all China pianos as bad............Anyway, it's your call.

By the way, I owned a W&L 122, made by Hailun, and I am very happy with it. The sound is really nice and clear, IMHO.

Hi RichterForever,

There are some info on Petrof Rosler on an earlier thread here. May be of some interest to you.

http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/22576.html#000000
http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/21145/6.html#000148

By the way, just for your info, PianoMaster ar Geylang East carries Hailun, Wendl & Lung and a few others. Perhaps, you may want to check it out.
keeferae

HaiLung 122 is expectionally good upright.
I got a chance to try it at PianoMaster this evening! The tone is not just mellow, it also have the sweet upper harmonic partials at the right proportion - result is a strong european richness. I much say the display set was wonderful to play!

I compare the 122 with the 125 and the wendi&Lung - i liked the HL122 best. The is price is reasonable too.

The showroom is unlike others. The acoustic is like a large "concert hall", high ceiling, lots of reverbs - but not overwhleming.

I personally find it wonderful. It lets the power of the soundboard fill the whole room; like a majestic grand atmosphere. When play loudly(ff), you can suddenly smile, saying what a pleasant suprising effect - try it.

The dynamic response of the HL122 is just great. pp is easy to control, tone doesn't fractures when ff - i'm not exagarating! Like Got turbo leh !!

Everyone, pls do yourself a favour, have you tested a HaiLun today? If not, drop by for a test drive!

pssss
Tell you another thing. When are there, don't be shy, try the HaiLun Grand piano 178 whome ........ now you now i'm secretly eyeing for another "wify" wink

Originally posted by snoopycar:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by keeferae:
[qb] Quote: Snoopycar
which china ...?
ai yo.. cannot say here leh ..

PianoMaster ar Geylang East carries Hailun, Wendl & Lung and a few others. Perhaps, you may want to check it out.

...... you can suddenly smile, saying what a pleasant suprising effect - try it.

...... when ff - i'm not exagarating! Like Got turbo leh !!

.... it has the "wow" factor
!! BlinkBlink, i don't know how to describe, but it's like that of the magic water splashing effects. now, my heart is caught between it and ........ now you now i'm secretly eyeing for another "wify" wink
Aiyaahhh .... no need so coy one-la ..... this one world famous PUBLIC forum where everyone really can literally talk-c*ck-play-song one, okey ......

No more secret-la ...... go shopping in Geylang.... now everyone know you shopping for "China" wife ...... laugh laugh

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
china mei mei ??
oh Ooooo... spells trouble
i'm very holy(honestly trying) leh ....

When i go geylang shopping, i did bring Big wife along ok .. no hanky panky ah...

After that go katong eat after that. Stomach is fill with adernaline and gastric juice, i decide not to eat laksa. Dangerous, can burn a hole in the stomach. I eat the hainanese chicken rice n fried dumplings around 6pm. Not much ppl here leh, all china mei mei and khor khor. The other spagatti shop got moses lim picture. so long queue ... anything special there i'm missing out?? after that you know lah, walk over to the famous durian puff stall... price increase to $11 per box of 20s !!!! huh?? anyway nevermind, contribute to economy lor - i know durian is cheap sale last week, especially if you go to the neigbourhood stall around 8.30~9pm, wah leow.. 4 box for $5

don't sabo leh... laugh

Hi macdoc,

Geylang East is not Geylang where you go find "Chinese wife" lah.........think got to re-set your bearing.

By the way, we got the W&L 122 for for my two young children a couple of months back. Was in the showroom for almost 3 hours auditioning the W&L and Hailun. Chose the W&L finally as we found the sound clear and sweet. I am not saying the Hailun is inferior but just we liked the sound better. Also, W&L is supposed to be manufactured under piano master Peter Veletsky, the 4th generation of W&L. It is not just another stencil brand from China and that gave us a little more confidence about the quality. Again, I am not saying Hailuns are poorly built in comparison but just that we value tradition as well given that W&L has been in existence since 1910. Of course different people have different criteria when they come to choosing a piano but these are just some of the factors for us given our limited knowledge.

Hi Snoopycar,

It's great of you to offer your thoughts about the Hailuns you played. I couldn't offer that as I am no pianist. All I could do is to offer my thoughts about what I auditioned before making my purchase. Also, I let my kid have a feel of the different pianos and asked which one he preferred and he chose the W&L.

china mei mei ??
oh Ooooo... spells trouble
i'm very holy(honestly trying) leh ....

When i go geylang shopping, i did bring Big wife along ok .. no hanky panky ah...

After that go katong eat after that. Stomach is fill with adernaline and gastric juice, i decide not to eat laksa. Dangerous, can burn a hole in the stomach. I eat the hainanese chicken rice n fried dumplings around 6pm. Not much ppl here leh, all china mei mei and khor khor. The other spagatti shop got moses lim picture. so long queue ... anything special there i'm missing out?? after that you know lah, walk over to the famous durian puff stall... price increase to $11 per box of 20s !!!! huh?? anyway nevermind, contribute to economy lor - i know durian is cheap sale last week, especially if you go to the neigbourhood stall around 8.30~9pm, wah leow.. 4 box for $5

don't sabo leh... laugh
laugh laugh

Me, I always eat at Ya Kwang at Lrg ?37 or 39 .... the best crab noodle/clam noodle/kong bak pau/penang char kway teow/kway chap thumb

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Ah ha.... thks for the tips laugh

Q:Is there many "distraction" there?
Mush i put on the horse eye shield??

A: As long you go before 9pm, need eye shield set 50% is enough. After 9pm, pls set at 100%. If not the char keow teow become hor fun due to salivatation laugh hehehe

sorry for the silly joke....

MacDoc, you are the one who started first...

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Anyway, let's refocus back on piano discussion, and not distraction. Eatery OT is ok.

CountDown to Digitus New piano house warming !! laugh

Tokai Grand170 for Sale!!
$3600 any takers?

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

If I hold the piano party at my place (after the Omega arrives) would it be the first one ever in Singapore?

Tell you another thing. When are there, don't be shy, try the HaiLun Grand piano 178 whome ........ now you now i'm secretly eyeing for another "wify" wink
Putting the cost factor aside, it's not a difficult decision at all. On her own, the Hailun puts on quite an impressive performance, with deep bass and all. But I have problems making the treble sing, somehow it sounds muted. Nonetheless it scores better than the Cristoforis.

On the other hand, I thoroughly enjoyed the Kawai experience. Not only does it comes with a rich lower register, the treble is alluring and the responsiveness of the millennium III action is most apparent on virtuosic pieces. I am referring to the RX series.

My advice is go sample the RX-2 again. It's a good lifelong investment.

Kawai RX-2 with Millennium III Action

YouTube Recordings:

Bach Prelude & Fugue in C BWV846 WTC 1 (Kawai RX-2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP668WETE_g

Chopin Ballade No.1 in G Min (Yamaha U1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iiss9X0iyjs

Chopin Waltz No.14 In E Min, (Kawai RX-2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyBKHwvwUhY
D
D
[QUOTE] I know Cristofori carries many brands - Pearl River, Young Chang, Samick, Bechstein, Rosnich, Knabe, Albert Weber, W Hoffman plus a few others.
QUOTE]

The service is polite n nice at Cristxxxxx Bedxx. However i do have many ??? Apologise 1st in case i provoke anyone...Are all these piano "actual made" or has it been recon somewhere else and then just any brand names on it?

I tried most of the pianos at the warehouse, all sound weird, "not right" or maybe not my taste. Or probably some hearing pblm with the wide space environment.

I didnt manage to try the Bechstein coz it was OUTTA STOCK. Then again it is the real thingy.
????? again

I think i'm just way too fussy still haven found my piano yet. Haiz.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
oh don't fret, being a little fussy is better that regretting after making a wrong decision.

Piano won't run away. if you find one you like, take your time to confirm, go back to the store again, compare with others, bring a friend along, bring your family along.

I stand up for, we the consumer of singapore, have the right to be fussy!! hip hip horray??
We want top value-of-money piano!!
laugh laugh I'm sort of waiting for recession sale, leylong leylong, 70% discount, lai-ley...
$$ in pocket standby leow smile

Originally posted by Davinci:
[QUOTE] I know Cristofori carries many brands - Pearl River, Young Chang, Samick, Bechstein, Rosnich, Knabe, Albert Weber, W Hoffman plus a few others.
QUOTE]

The service is polite n nice at Cristxxxxx Bedxx. However i do have many ??? Apologise 1st in case i provoke anyone...Are all these piano "actual made" or has it been recon somewhere else and then just any brand names on it?

I tried most of the pianos at the warehouse, all sound weird, "not right" or maybe not my taste. Or probably some hearing pblm with the wide space environment.

I didnt manage to try the Bechstein coz it was OUTTA STOCK. Then again it is the real thingy.
????? again

I think i'm just way too fussy still haven found my piano yet. Haiz.
As I understand it, as u walk into the place:

1. Straight ahead would the Asian/MIC/MIK/MIJ new pianos.

2. Left into a room would be the new grands including the MIC/MIK brands as well as the "real" European brands.

3. Right into another room beyond the main showroom would all the second/recon pianos.

I actually found my piano buying experience enriching and interesting and if I were not in a hurry, I would have enjoyed it more ..... laugh

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Wow Slapper, is that the song in one of the world war 1 movie the piano player where a jewish player play for the german leuitenant?

Fantastic stamina!! can i be your page turner?
I like your performance style, no possesed head swaying or eye winking body langauge. Very impressive pianist! bravo bravo. Typical singapore setup, a fan blowing the body, beary hot weather...

thks for the inputs

Thanks for the kind words snoopy. This piece was made famous in the movie The Pianist. It's WWII btw smile I can't wait to play this on the RX-2 when it arrives. It was really difficult to control the dynamics on my old Yamaha U1. So glad it didn't fall apart at the end of it...

Kawai RX-2 with Millennium III Action

YouTube Recordings:

Bach Prelude & Fugue in C BWV846 WTC 1 (Kawai RX-2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP668WETE_g

Chopin Ballade No.1 in G Min (Yamaha U1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iiss9X0iyjs

Chopin Waltz No.14 In E Min, (Kawai RX-2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyBKHwvwUhY
Originally posted by Digitus:
[b]
If I hold the piano party at my place (after the Omega arrives) would it be the first one ever in Singapore? [/b]
A first one ANYWHERE for many of us ...... will we have red eggs :p

Page 66 of 136 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 135 136

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission