2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
24 members (johnesp, clothearednincompo, crab89, JohnCW, Georg Z., David B, 9 invisible), 1,264 guests, and 298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Larry Offline OP
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member
A real problem for those of you who insist that Terri should be killed because she supposedly said she wouldn't want to live.

Her *REAL* last words:

"I want to live".

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
BS

Larry Offline OP
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member
Don't like it, so you dismiss it. But those are the facts, sister. Deal with them.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Facts according to some very desperate people. God be with them.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Please, check these things out before you post. No such thing happened. Here's what really happened, courtesy of the Washington Post.

"This was our last motion," said Barbara Weller, one of the Schindlers' attorneys. "We figured we go for broke."

Weller -- who said in an interview Friday night that she told reporters about Schiavo trying to speak but was mostly ignored -- was both attorney and witness on Friday. She offered an affidavit that said Schiavo responded after she begged her to say, "I want to live." The brain-damaged woman struggled to answer, saying "AHHH" and "WAAA" before becoming agitated and giving up, Weller wrote.

Article

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Poor Terri. Put to death for not being articulate enough.

Better to light one small candle than to curse the %&#$@#! darkness. :t:
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
DECLARATION OF BARBARA J. WELLER

STATE OF FLORIDA )

COUNTY OF PINELLAS )

I, BARBARA WELLER, Attorney for Respondents in the above-styled case, hereby declare under penalty of perjury:

I visited with Terri at various times during the day on March 18, 2005, the day her feeding tube was removed.

During the morning I was in the room with Terri and various members of her family. Terri was in good spirits that morning. The mood in her room was jovial, particularly around noontime, as we knew Congressional attorneys were on the scene and many were working hard to save Terri's life. For most of that time, I was visiting and talking with Terri along with Terri's sister Suzanne Vitadamo, Suzanne's husband, and Terri's aunt, who was visiting from New York to help provide support for the family. A female Pinellas Park police office was stationed at the door outside Terri's room.

Terri was sitting up in her lounge chair, dressed and looking alert and well. Her feeding tube had been plugged in around 11 a.m. and we all felt good that she was still being fed. Suzanne and I were talking, joking, and laughing with Terri, telling her she was going to go to Washington D.C. to testify before Congress, which meant that finally Terri's husband Michael would be required to fix her wheelchair. After that Suzanne could take Terri to the mall shopping and could wheel her outdoors every day to feel the wind and sunshine on her face, something she has not been able to do for more than five years.

At one point, I noticed Terri's window blinds were pulled down. I went to the window to raise them so Terri could look at the beautiful garden outside her window and see the sun after several days of rain. As sunlight came into the room, Terri's eyes widened and she was obviously very pleased.

Suzanne and I continued to talk and joke with Terri for probably an hour or more. At one point Suzanne called Terri the bionic woman and I heard Terri laugh out loud heartily. She laughed so hard that for the first time I noticed the dimples in her cheeks.

The most dramatic event of this visit happened at one point when I was sitting on Terri's bed next to Suzanne. Terri was sitting in her lounge chair and her aunt was standing at the foot of the chair. I stood up and learned over Terri. I took her arms in both of my hands. I said to her, "Terri if you could only say ‘I want to live' this whole thing could be over today." I begged her to try very hard to say, "I want to live." To my enormous shock and surprise, Terri's eyes opened wide, she looked me square in the face, and with a look of great concentration, she said, "Ahhhhhhh." Then, seeming to summon up all the strength she had, she virtually screamed, "Waaaaaaaa." She yelled so loudly that Michael Vitadamo, Suzanne's husband, and the female police officer who were then standing together outside Terri's door, clearly heard her. At that point, Terri had a look of anguish on her face that I had never seen before and she seemed to be struggling hard, but was unable to complete the sentence. She became very frustrated and began to cry. I was horrified that I was obviously causing Terri so much anguish. Suzanne and I began to stroke Terri's face and hair to comfort her. I told Terri I was very sorry. It had not been my intention to upset her so much. Suzanne and I assured Terri that her efforts were much appreciated and that she did not need to try to say anything more. I promised Terri I would tell the world that she had tried to say, "I want to live."

Suzanne and I continued to visit and talk with Terri, along with other family members who came and went in the room, until about 2:00 p.m. when we were all told to leave after Judge Greer denied yet another motion for stay and ordered the removal of the feeding tube to proceed. As we left the room, the female police officer outside the door was valiantly attempting to keep from crying.

About four in the afternoon, several hours after the feeding tube was removed, I returned to Terri's room. By that time she was alone except for a male police officer now standing inside the door. When I entered the room and began to speak to her, Terri started to cry and tried to speak to me immediately. It was one of the most helpless feelings I have ever had. Terri was looking very melancholy at that point and I had the sense she was very upset that we had told her things were going to get better, but instead, they were obviously getting worse. I had previously had the same feeling when my own daughter was a baby who was hospitalized and was crying and looking to me to rescue her from her hospital crib, something I could not do. While I was in the room with Terri for the next half hour or so, several other friends came to visit and I did a few press interviews sitting right next to Terri. I again raised her window shade, which had again been pulled down, so Terri could at least see the garden and the sunshine from her lounge chair. I also turned the radio on in her room before I left so that when she was alone, she would at least have some music for comfort.

Just before I left the room, I leaned over Terri and spoke right into her ear. I told her I was very sorry I had not been able to stop the feeding tube from being taken out and I was very sorry I had to leave her alone. But I reminded her that Jesus would stay right by her side even when no one else was there with her. When I mentioned Jesus' Name, Terri again laughed out loud. She became very agitated and began loudly trying to speak to me again. As Terri continued to laugh and try to speak, I quietly prayed in her ear, kissed her, placed her in Jesus' care, and left the room.

FURTHER YOUR DECLARANT SAYETH NOT.

I hereby declare, under penalty of perjury, that the foregoing is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge and belief. Executed this 22nd day of March, 2005, at Seminole, Florida.

BARBARA J. WELLER

Sworn to and subscribed before me this 25th day of March, 2005.

Larry Offline OP
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member
Well Cindy, you just proved my claim. I thought the woman was brain dead? I thought she was a vegetable. Isn't that what so many of you keep claiming? How does a vegetable hear a question, and attempt to respond? "I wa.." is pretty obvious, don't you think? They didn't ask her to say "Toyota", or supercalafragalisticexpialadocious", they asked her to say "I WANT TO LIVE". So a woman who is so dehydrated that she is now bleeding from her mouth and eyes, so starved that she looks like someone from Aushwitz, heard the lawyer's question, and struggled with all her might to repeat it, but could only get out "I WA....." before "becoming agitated and giving up"..

MAN! How do you people manage to put your shoes on?!?!?

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
:rolls eyes:

Perhaps they would have been more successful had they asked Terry to say, "Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger Cheeseburger."

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Her EEG is flat. Oh, please. Let's go back to slandering Mr. Shiavo, can we? Some people have gone delusional on this case.

Larry Offline OP
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member
Thank you, Dwain.

I would also like to thank all of you who argued for government sanctioned murder for the part you have played in killing an innocent woman. It was very big of you.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
I heard Michael goes to her bedside everyday and eats a huge lunch and chugs a Big Gulp, just to torture her.

How's that, Jeffrey?

Larry Offline OP
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Jeffrey:
Her EEG is flat. Oh, please. Let's go back to slandering Mr. Shiavo, can we? Some people have gone delusional on this case.
Oh I see. An attorney swears under oath what happened, but you don't like what she said so she's delusional. And those of us who disagree with you are delusional.

You keep making the statement that her EEG is flat. That's a bare assed lie, Jeffrey.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Larry, from the credible sources I have pored over, she makes random sounds that are devoid of meaning. I don't doubt that the attorney heard her make a sound, but I'm betting that the attorney attached a meaning to it that was not there. "Ah,wah," "wawa," "ahwah," "waa," take your pick, any would be the likely sound resulting from air being forced through the vocal cords and out of the mouth of someone whose mouth is hanging open inanimate as hers does. (And I also know, from first hand experience how affidavits tend to stretch the truth.

The GAL spent 20 days at her bedside trying to elicit some communication from her. He got nothing. I am to believe that this attorney waltzes in and suddenly gets Terri to start a conversation? Sorry. I don't buy it.

R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
Posted by Larry:
I would also like to thank all of you who argued for government sanctioned murder for the part you have played in killing an innocent woman. It was very big of you.
Oh, and I would like to thank YOU, Larry, for approving the government sanctioned murder of innocents all over Iraq. It's very *big* of you.

Mark Mandell

Larry Offline OP
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member
Shut up Mark. We're dealing with a different set of issues you brain dead liberals can't figure out. We don't need you spewing another idiotic mess into it.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Larry: "An attorney swears under oath what happened"

It's clear from Dwain's very own post that the person made it up. I just went and asked my 3-month old baby if he understood relativity theory and he went "yaa!" with a big smile on his face, which I interpreted as meaning "Yes." So I guess he is a genius!

Larry Offline OP
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member
How is it "clear" that the lawyer made it up Jeffrey? Huh? HOW! Read the damned thing, man.

I have to say it, I am disgusted at some of you.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Jeffrey:
Larry: "An attorney swears under oath what happened"

It's clear from Dwain's very own post that the person made it up. I just went and asked my 3-month old baby if he understood relativity theory and he went "yaa!" with a big smile on his face, which I interpreted as meaning "Yes." So I guess he is a genius!
Jeff: Just curious as to whether a three month old is a "person" yet in your definition?

Estonically yours,

Ivorythumper

"Man without mysticism is a monster"
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by kathyk:
Larry, from the credible sources I have pored over, she makes random sounds that are devoid of meaning. I don't doubt that the attorney heard her make a sound, but I'm betting that the attorney attached a meaning to it that was not there. "Ah,wah," "wawa," "ahwah," "waa," take your pick, any would be the likely sound resulting from air being forced through the vocal cords and out of the mouth of someone whose mouth is hanging open inanimate as hers does.
I don't wish to terrorize you KathyK, but have you ever been exposed to someone suffering from ALS? That's about the best most of them can manage also, but I assure you their marbles remain quite intact.

"The older the fiddle, the sweeter the music"~ Augustus McCrae
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Bart K, Gombessa, LGabrielPhoto 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission