2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
56 members (Barry_Braksick, danno858, BadSanta, danbot3, Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, 12 invisible), 1,820 guests, and 276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
A
Jodi,

You don't get riled up much (in fact I don't think I've ever seen it since I've been around), but it makes it all the more potent when you do.

Thanks!

Looks like the "Chorus of Criticism is [Indeed] Growing".

Ariel

jodi\'s link for jodi

P.S. Incidentally, I think mhr must be checking in once in a while because the rate of posting is down to a trickle.

If this is coffee, bring me tea. If this is tea, bring me coffee.
~Abraham Lincoln~
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by jodi:
Ok, I'll try one more time. He came on the forum, he started many threads one right after the other with very inflammatory titles, and most of those contained a bunch of links, without a lot of content from mhr. It was really obnoxious. When you are obnoxious on an internet forum, people give you a hard time, and are less willing to give your "viewpoint" any consideration. That is a bad thing especially from the perspective of someone that happens to agree with some of those viewpoints.
To be honest with you Jodi, it really is not that important to me. If what he is doing is annoying so many people, simple etiquette should tell him to at least cut back.

I have to admit though, I do enjoy watching some of our more prolific and pontificating conservative posters experiencing such stress over these posts that they just cannot keep themselves from hitting that reply button and damning him to everlasting heck in each and every thread he starts. I know it is probably wrong of me to enjoy such things, but we all have our vices and I guess this is one of mine.

Heck, mhr even has one of them so frustrated that he has introduced an entire thread to try to alter the way this forum works so that he can stop this one poster.

Can't you agree with me that seeing such overreaction is at least slightly amusing -- or am I really that bad in enjoying this?

You can be disappointed, but you cannot walk away. This fight has just begun. Senator John Edwards
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
I'm actually having quite a lot of fun with mhr. How could I be stressed over such idiocy?

Better to light one small candle than to curse the %&#$@#! darkness. :t:
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Old paraphrased SNL line:

JA, you ignorant slut! wink

For somebody who is supposedly intelligent, you just don't get it, do you? I know that you are tremendously wrapped up in your disdain for some of us (hint:me), which actually tickles the sugar out of me - loved to be loved, you know, just crying for affirmation - but you can't see that the mhr stuff stifles people you agree with?

If I wasn't such an honorable person (needle, needle), I could have mind games with you, until you pulled your hair out.

But seriously, I'm not going to do that, because I think more of the place than that.

I hope in the case of our current spam-master, you would think more of the place than you apparently do. f

TNCR. Over 20 years. Over 2,000,000 posts. And a new site...

https://nodebb.the-new-coffee-room.club

Where pianists and others talk about everything. And nothing.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bart K, Gombessa, LGabrielPhoto 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission