2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (aphexdisklavier, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, amc252, accordeur, antune, 11 invisible), 1,784 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 24 25
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
smokin How did you guess it is a Kel-Tec? I like the Springfield Ultra Compact, but they're too heavy and hard to conceal all of the time. Oh well...a .380 in my pocket is better than a .45 at home. wink

Sorry for hijacking the thread...

So live your life and live it well.
There's not much left of me to tell.
I just got back up each time I fell.
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
quote:I don't care what anyone does in their own personal adult life.

Yes you do.
I have to apologize to Larry over this remark. It was ill-considered and gratuitous.

"Hunger for growth will come to you in the form of a problem." -- unknown
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Phlebas, Luke's Dad and Toddler2, you make some very good points and have supplied food for thought. On re-reading the skit I see what you mean.

I am wondering how many skits are in the collection and how the others compare to this one.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Larry, I'd like to see your source that these skits are being "taught" in California schools. From all I can gather it is a collection of skits that is being performed in school assemblies.

Larry Offline OP
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member
Bernard, I see that a good night's rest has restored some clarity for you. Thank you.

My understanding is that most of the material in this production is equally offensive.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I am reserving judgement until I can read the whole thing.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by apple:
In my neighborhood there's a 10 year old boy with a homosexual uncle. He started sharing 'tricks' with my same age son a while ago that he learned from his uncle....I resent it being introduced into this innocent community of children by some gay uncle who wants his nephew to **** his ****.
Apple, have you called the police about this? This guy needs to be locked up as a sexual predator and be put on the sexual offenders list in your state, now! A man trying to get little kids to have sex with him can NOT be tolerated!

"If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
MSU - the university of Michigan!
Wheels
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by apple:
From personal experience...

In my neighborhood there's a 10 year old boy with a homosexual uncle. He started sharing 'tricks' with my same age son a while ago that he learned from his uncle....

games to play,
things to say,
ways to pass a rainy day
things not appropriate to share in this forum.

This kids little brother now is trying to get my daughter and her friend to play "kiss my peepee" and other stuff.

Interesting because something very simmilar happened with my friend's 6 year old son, except that it was taught to him by a 6 year old girl nieghbor whose single mother is straight but very sexually active. To use this type of semi-pedophiliac example to defame the gay is plain wrong. Children suffer from perverted and uncaring adults regardless of whether they are gay or straight.

I just want to illustrate that it is inappropriate for children to be exposed to sexuality by those who are not their parents. It should not be taught in schools.

So by this reasoning then children who have parents who are too repressed or too dumb to talk about it with their kids should just deal with the consequences? What will you say to them, "oh sorry hon, you should have been born to more well-educated parents"?

Elena
http://www.pianofourhands.com

Schnabel's advie to Horowitz: "When a piece gets difficult, make faces."
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by gryphon:
Originally posted by apple:
[b]In my neighborhood there's a 10 year old boy with a homosexual uncle. He started sharing 'tricks' with my same age son a while ago that he learned from his uncle....I resent it being introduced into this innocent community of children by some gay uncle who wants his nephew to **** his ****.
Apple, have you called the police about this? This guy needs to be locked up as a sexual predator and be put on the sexual offenders list in your state, now! A man trying to get little kids to have sex with him can NOT be tolerated! [/b]
Gryphon's right. Keep your kids away from these kids and the uncle. You may want to report it as well. Sounds like they are being abused.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I believe that it has been shown that approximately 3% of the male population is homosexual. That 3% commits 1/3 of the pedophilia. While one can't conclude that a homosexual male is a pedophile, that's where a profiler would look first.

I agree that parents should have the final say in whether sexually related materials are presented to their children. Electives in sexuality are fine with the parents' consent. It's bad enough that kids get misinformation from the media and their peers, why add the school system?

Originally posted by EHpianist:

Interesting because something very simmilar happened with my friend's 6 year old son, except that it was taught to him by a 6 year old girl nieghbor whose single mother is straight but very sexually active. To use this type of semi-pedophiliac example to defame the gay is plain wrong. Children suffer from perverted and uncaring adults regardless of whether they are gay or straight.

[b]I just want to illustrate that it is inappropriate for children to be exposed to sexuality by those who are not their parents. It should not be taught in schools.

So by this reasoning then children who have parents who are too repressed or too dumb to talk about it with their kids should just deal with the consequences? What will you say to them, "oh sorry hon, you should have been born to more well-educated parents"?

Elena
http://www.pianofourhands.com [/b]

So live your life and live it well.
There's not much left of me to tell.
I just got back up each time I fell.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ny1911:
I believe that it has been shown that approximately 3% of the male population is homosexual. That 3% commits 1/3 of the pedophilia.

Where does the 1/3 number come from? I am not acquainted with it.

I agree that parents should have the final say in whether sexually related materials are presented to their children. Electives in sexuality are fine with the parents' consent. It's bad enough that kids get misinformation from the media and their peers, why add the school system?

So then you're saying that a child born to parents who do not discuss sexual issues or are themselves misinformed about them (AIDS, sexually transmitted diseases, pregnancy) has to suffer the consequences because your children are lucky enough to have that education at home? This seems extremely unfair to me.

Elena

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Luke's dad, I think you'll find that what I'm defensive about it being called a "sick bastard", "a sick pervert"; that I "want to screw up as many little kids as I can so more of them will sit around their apartment wondering if they are queer or straight, talking to their birds."

When someone starts denigrating an entire group of people as sick bastards (See post #2), I'm going to use the word bigot and I'm going to defend myself. I should think that would be obvious.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Gee Bernard,

Your defensive about labels like "sick bastard" and "a sick pervert" just like "hetero men" are defensive about being labeled "bigots" and "homophobe". We don't fear you. We find your sexual lifestyle sickenly distasteful. It's an opinion, not a fear.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Oh how interesting, here we have "Improviso" who's very first post at Piano World is shot at me.

I hope that some of my longtime acquantances here will come to my aid and help set this person straight.

Isn't it somewhat peculiar for a brand new poster at PW to be posting something like that in here?

5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Improviso:
Gee Bernard,

Your defensive about labels like "sick bastard" and "a sick pervert" just like "hetero men" are defensive about being labeled "bigots" and "homophobe". We don't fear you. We find your sexual lifestyle sickenly distasteful. It's an opinion, not a fear.
Improviso. Welcome to the Coffee Room! Well stated. You do seem to know what you're talking about. Welcome.

Posted by Bernard: I hope that some of my longtime acquantances here will come to my aid and help set this person straight.

Isn't it somewhat peculiar for a brand new poster at PW to be posting something like that in here?
Bernard, I don't know. I kind of like him/her. laugh

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
In fairness to Gryph, I don't think that he was addressing the homosexuality community as a whole, but rather those people (straight or gay) that wrote, performed, and promote the song. The song, as it's shown, will be found to be offensive even by reasonable and fair standards, and as I stated earler, actually can cast homosexuals in a negative light.

Originally posted by Bernard:
When someone starts denigrating an entire group of people as sick bastards (See post #2), I'm going to use the word bigot and I'm going to defend myself.
I didn't call you a sick bastard, I said the people who promote this stuff like "Cootie Shots" and "King & King" to little kids are sick bastards. For example, GLSEN and the principal of Freeman Elementary School. And they are.

"If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
MSU - the university of Michigan!
Wheels
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member

I hope that some of my longtime acquantances here will come to my aid and help set this person straight.
A gay friend of mine once told me, "there is no straight, only gaily forward!" laugh

I kind of thought so, too.

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
I talk to our bird all the time. He even says little things back. I don't know if they are nice things since I don't speak bluejay but I can hope.

Better to light one small candle than to curse the %&#$@#! darkness. :t:
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Pay no attention Bernard, most likely a troll.

Elena

Page 3 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 24 25

Moderated by  Bart K, Gombessa, LGabrielPhoto 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission