2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
65 members (antune, Colin Miles, anotherscott, AndyOnThePiano2, benkeys, brennbaer, DaCapoDiTuttiCapi, APianistHasNoName, AlkansBookcase, 9 invisible), 1,861 guests, and 332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member
"It has dissolved into mud slinging, discussions about topics that have absolutely no place on a family forum, and pretty much everything I didn't want on my piano forums. People are using it for their personal agendas, or to post smut and crap I don't wish the Piano Forums to be associated with."

Come on guys.

Most of the responses that I have read to Frank's decision follow the lines of "Fine, let's create our own new forum.", "I want an apology", "I'm leaving", "It was fun while it lasted", "I wish you all the best.", "It's not all of our fault"... That's all good, but I don't think that's quite what needs to be said. What needs to be said is this: We have all written bad things here. We've all messed up. We can all learn from this, and in the future, we can all be better people.

I don't know about the rest of you, but this has really made me think about what I have been writing here.

I'm a pretty nice guy. I don't write so much stuff that's offensive, and I certainly never try to be offensive. But looking back, I realize that I probably have been at times a little inappropriate, and I will monitor my own behavior in the future so that I can be the best person that I can be.

I don't know about the rest of you, but this whole "Warning! Forums Changes Are Coming" has really made me think. You remember Jolly's thread about swearing? Something to the affect of why can't people swear?

The answer is the people are offended. You can say whatever you want - I can say whatever I want - but other people read / hear. We need to all be consciencious always of what we are writing and saying, because the fact is, whether or not we intend to be offensive, others may in fact be offended.

Rather than rationalizing or cricizing Frank's decision, think about what you have done and said. Even if you are a really well-behaved, good person - and most of us are - we can all use this as a learning experience to better ourselves.

And, hey, don't be so blue about the CR going... remember what Frank writes:

"I haven't decided if I'll attempt to open a new forum for non-music topics. But if I do (and it's doubtful), it will be strictly controlled."

There is still a chance, but we have to earn it. We have to all learn - all of us - so that if Frank is kind enough and optimistic enough to give us a second chance, we can prove our worth.

Sam
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
thumb

B
B
Sam, you're one of my favourite posters.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
sam, of all people who dont need to apologize, its u.

"I don't know much about classical music. For years I thought the Goldberg Variations were something Mr. and Mrs. Goldberg did on their wedding night." Woody Allen
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Y? Because we love you. M-O-U-S-E-eeeeeee!

Sorry, I'm getting punch drunk. Time for bed.

NAK Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
pj, I was convicted about this earlier on, and posted something a bit more level-headed than my original, hot-tempered rant.

You're 100% correct.

Moderated by  Bart K, Gombessa, LGabrielPhoto 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission