2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
35 members (brdwyguy, busa, benkeys, Burkhard, fullerphoto, Erinmarriott, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, Animisha, beeboss, 4 invisible), 1,228 guests, and 291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#73503 11/30/07 11:05 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Hi,

I'm looking to buy either P-2 or C-7. What is better?

Also I need to know their true MSRP price,and how low can I negotiate the deal. I'm in Los Angeles, CA.

Thanks.

#73504 11/30/07 11:24 PM
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Pierre's Fine Pianos on Pico just east of the 405 has Petrof grands at extremely competitive prices. I don't know if he has a P-2, but worth checking. Website will come up if you google his shop name.

Here's the old Petrof full retail price sheet. Expect these prices to be deeply discounted.

http://www.geneva-intl.com/Petrof/petrofgrands.htm

Will Johnny Come Marching Home?
The fate of the modern wartime soldier
#73505 11/30/07 11:49 PM
H
H
Welcome to the forum. Are you talking about the Petrof II--7'9'' grand vs. C7--7'6" grand. If so, there is no "better" and would be nice to know what you plan to use the piano for (furniture, compettition, recital, personal amusement) and playing experience. I've played them both. Both good pianos. Both vastly, in my mind, different. You should play them and tell us what you think. You're the final arbiter. As for lowest price? Are you talking used? New? Private seller or dealer? I know you said MSRP, but best deals are often used-private. Actual price will also flucuate within region and different days of the month, various caprices. We've got a dealer on this forum who claims if you're cordial and good player he'll take off extra two thousand.
New Petrof II msrp is 59, 250. Which, like most piano msrp is irrelevant. I see Petrof running 50% off sales constantly. Company's in some flux apparently.
I imagine you can find fairly decent C7 a decade or so old for twenty grand, maybe less, maybe more, too many variables to go into. New C7 in bay area probably mid thirties + -, again too many variables to go into without writing dang Breton-Wooods agreement. Good luck.

#73506 12/01/07 12:06 AM
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
We've got a dealer on this forum who claims if you're cordial and good player he'll take off extra two thousand.
Who dat, Hoaglie?

I can play a bit, and I've got my eye on a $2500 Sejung. laugh

#73507 12/01/07 12:10 AM
H
H
Turandot--I couldn't make this stuff up if I wanted too. It's forum's very own soothesayer and accomplished palm reader, but, otherwise, a heckuva guy. Norbert. Maybe if I yell ESTONIA real loud, he'll show up.

#73508 12/01/07 10:18 AM
B
OP Offline
B
RE:what you plan to use the piano for (furniture, compettition, recital, personal amusement) and playing experience.
------------------------

Well, to be honest... I don't play piano. I play money:)

From my point of view, the piano is just a piece of furniture that will cost me a lot of money. I'm mostly interested in a good deal, resale value, brand recognition etc.

However, my wife and my two kids are pretty good in piano practicing at least 3-4 hours a day. So, the quality of the sound is also very important for our family.

As I understood, I could buy P-2 below $30K, right?
How much is Yamaha' MSRP and what would be a good deal for C7?

#73509 12/01/07 10:59 AM
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Well, to be honest... I don't play piano. I play money:)

From my point of view, the piano is just a piece of furniture that will cost me a lot of money. I'm mostly interested in a good deal, resale value, brand recognition etc.

However, my wife and my two kids are pretty good in piano practicing at least 3-4 hours a day. So, the quality of the sound is also very important for our family.
Both of these pianos are high quality instruments, but the quality of sound is a subjective issue. In the case of these two, the tone difference is pretty dramatic.

Suggestion:

Let the players choose the sound and touch. Almost all brands are available to you in the LA market; get your wife and kids in to the showrooms to decide what piano works for them..

When they decide, then you can 'play money' with the dealers and use this board as your consultant.

#73510 12/04/07 02:05 PM
K
K
I'm mostly interested in a good deal, resale value, brand recognition etc
I gather you are afraid of paying a fortune for a piano with an obscure name and limited potential for future trade or resale. There is one thing worse. That is to get a good deal on a popular brand with good resale potential but that your wife and children do not enjoy playing. As others have suggested, have them try out many different brands and models. You can play devil's advocate and negotiate with the dealer. In the end, I think you will find that the best investment is the piano they like best as long as it is within your financial reach.

Kendahl

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission