2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
42 members (bwv543, Andre Fadel, Animisha, alexcomoda, benkeys, Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, 10 invisible), 1,172 guests, and 282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Matt G. Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
For those of you who steadfastly refused to moderate your method of discussion in the Coffee Room, your actions have been the cause of the downfall of what has been an important part of the lives of many of PW's members. Your callous disregard for maintaining civility, proudly brushing off admonitions to "cool it" by proudly proclaiming "That's just the way I am, if you don't like it, tough luck," stooping to the level of slinging mud at those with whom you disagree, all of these behaviors have caused this place to be shut down.

I won't be joining any "new" Coffee Room replacement forums. I am this/close to being completely furious with certain people here, people whose cavalier attitudes about their own behavior is beyond reprehensible. I don't want to join any forums where more of the same B.S. is just going to spring up again.

On behalf of those of us who managed to rein in the more agressive aspects of our personalities, I think we're owed an apology by you bozos.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger. - Clemens
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Nope.

TNCR. Over 20 years. Over 2,000,000 posts. And a new site...

https://nodebb.the-new-coffee-room.club

Where pianists and others talk about everything. And nothing.
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Come on you two...I think we can still turn this into a win/win situation....

jf

"Make the pie higher." GWB
K
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
K
I'll go first if it will help the healing.

I apologize.

Matt G. Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Jolly:
Nope.
Congratulations on being a first-class jerk. I can only surmise that the shutting down of the Coffee Room was your intention all along.

Originally posted by kenny:
I'll go first if it will help the healing.

I apologize.
You have nothing to apologize for.

Let me be the first to admit there were times I would have cheerfully wrang your cyberneck, chunked you in a briar patch, and told God you died.

But that's not your fault, that's mine.

You were just being kenny.

There's nothing wrong with being who you are.

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
I'm terribly sorry if any of my posts had anything to do with this.

Please accept my apologies.

Sam
Originally posted by Matt G.:
[b] Nope.
Congratulations on being a first-class jerk. I can only surmise that the shutting down of the Coffee Room was your intention all along. [/b]
Have a nice day, Matt.

Matt G. Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Matt G.:
[b]
[b] Nope.
Congratulations on being a first-class jerk. I can only surmise that the shutting down of the Coffee Room was your intention all along. [/b]
Have a nice day, Matt. [/b]
You do the same, son.

J
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
J
I'm sorry, too. I know people feel I'm enabler to bad behavior. We don't agree. I'm sorry for that.

NAK Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Matt, I was thinking the same thing. I've had a wavering opinion on what is happening right now, regarding Frank's reason for closing this place down.

Frank seems to be trying to get this place back on topic (Piano World). I took that to be a bit of a cover-up for the real reason, namely, the ill-spirited discussions that had been going on. Now, however, I can understand his thinking.

I don't ask for an apology from anyone. I ask Frank to accept our apologies for making this harder than it already is. I think I can safely speak for everyone when I say that I genuinely appreciate the effort he has put into this board. The worst thing we could do is put up more controversial material.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Well said, Matt. I hope we meet again.

As for the people who helped cause the CR to be shut down, they know darn well who they are.

5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Well, I have been over the top on occasion. On lots of occasions. And for that I do apologize.

Matt, we've never gotten along and it's been largely my fault. I will leave this place with only good thoughts of you. I hope you will occasionally think kindly of me.

Tom

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
kenny: "I'll go first if it will help the healing.

I apologize."

You have nothing to apologize for.

K
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
K
Not everyone feels that way.

What is important now, and what is so easily overlooked, is the feelings of others who we don't understand.

5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by kenny:
Not everyone feels that way.

What is important now, and what is so easy to overlook, is the feelings of others who we don't understand.
Well put, kenny. An apology is not about understanding, it's about healing and forgivness.

Hay Matt, Good poste.

I'm sorrey for any wey I've uffended u.

go Red Sox!
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
If anything I've done is part (or all) of the reason for shutdown of the CR, I apologize too.

I was very angry last week when curtly told to remove something I had posted. I feel badly that markjpcs and I got off on such bad footing so early in his tenure as a moderator. I have nothing against him but was taken aback by the abrasiveness. I think we had one of those unfortunate banging of heads due to extenuating circumstances. I consider myself a reasonable person and am willing to chalk it up to training wheels.

Just so there is no doubt, though, I want to feel I could re-post my picture or other family pictures in the future if the occassion should arise. I said in one of my replies last week that if this turned into a family forum for some but not all, I would leave and never come back. I meant it. It took me many years to develop self-acceptance and I will not hang around anywhere that makes me feel a need to hide an important part of who I am. If that's what this place is, it's not for me. I wish markjpcs hadn't taken my statement so much as a threat as simply a statement of fact.

I am out and I am celebrating it. I spent a good deal of yesterday with Preston walking arm in arm, hand in hand around Madison Sq. Park and Chelsea. We ran into uncountable numbers of men doing the same. We even pecked each other, discreetly, right in the middle of the festival taking place on Broadway. At the corner of 8th Ave. and 23rd St. is a huge billboard (I'm talking multi-story) plastered up against one of the buildings--I can't remember what the advertisement was for--it showed two men in an embrace. It's there where everyone: men, women and children see it every day. No problem.

This is my life now. I am out and about. I am not in your face. I try to live as true to myself as possible and do what normal people do every day.

I've been removing negative influences from my life for some time now, and I would remove PW from it if I felt its policies were unfair. (That's not said in a threatening way. It's a fact--the results of a decision I have made about my life.)

"Hunger for growth will come to you in the form of a problem." -- unknown
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
I don't know what we all are supposed to be apologizing for. The only problem I see here is that Ftrank wanted this to be family friendly since children have easy access and many of us (I could even go as far as saying all of us) have posted things that some people would not want their children to see.

I have been a member of another forum (actually run by an attorney) where certain posting behavior was suddenly proscribed as a result of certain legal threats. I don't know if that is the case here but if I were Frank I would not risk the shoal and shark infested waters of tort law to give a bunch of loudmouths the opportunity to "push the envelope". On the other hand, I would probably not be an active member of a board where frequent "envelope pushing" was not taking place.

Perhaps, a members only forum...

Better to light one small candle than to curse the %&#$@#! darkness. :t:
CSG Offline
Matt, you won't get many apolgies from those who helped mess this place up, they're following others. I'd give Frank the benefit of the doubt and do what you can to help him fix and grow this place. Personally, I think he ought to simply restrict topics in the CR as we do on my site and allow it to continue but it's his call and I'll back his play. I want him to succeed with PW. You run a site like this for the 80% of folks who agree with you, not the critics who have nothing or little of themselves invested.

Hey Troyboy, thanks for the hateful PM. You're a class guy...

Pramberger JP-185 Bubinga
Kawai CP155
Yamaha P-120
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bart K, Gombessa, LGabrielPhoto 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission