2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
49 members (BillS728, anotherscott, AlkansBookcase, Carey, Dfrankjazz, danno858, CharlesXX, bcalvanese, 8 invisible), 2,066 guests, and 305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#703793 03/18/02 03:55 AM
C
OP Offline
C
Hi.
I'm new, as you can see from the # of posts. Just in case anybody cares, here's a little history.

I'm 52. We got our first organ, a Lowery spinet, when I was about 9. The next was a Wurlitzer that was a little bigger than the Lowery. Then I died and went to Heaven when I was 14: We got a B3 and 2 Leslie cabs! I don't have a clue which cabs, but they'd whirl and twirl!! The old 'cube' ones.

In the midle-to-late 60's, we got a Conn Theater Deluxe. The 2 manual one. Can't remember the model #. Daddy bought 2 of the 'horizontal' Leslies. The ones with 2 channels. They're 251's, I think, but the 2 channel 251's. They have 2 channels, 1 for organ, and one for strings. The string channel is 'dry'. Doesn't go thru the rotary section. It has 3 6X9 speakers.

I never took piano lessons, altho' I had a great uncle that taught. He begged me to, but I was a farm boy and thought piano lessons were for sissies. Now I wish I'd taken lessons for 30 years!!

I've played keyboards in various bands since 1969. Besides the Conn I still have, which is too d@mn heavy to move, I have an old Ensoniq ESQ-1 synth, and a Roland VK7 with a Motion Sound KBR-3D amp. I also play guitar a bit.

Hope I don't sound pretentious, because I ain't that good! Just wanted you all to know something about me. I like to know about the people I converse with.

[ March 18, 2002: Message edited by: Charles68 ]

#703794 06/11/04 09:42 PM
hey. Welcome to the forums, thanks for being outgoing, and nice to meet you! I just play piano, so you wont see much of me in these forums. Have a nice day.

Kyle.

kyle
#703795 07/13/04 07:22 PM
D
D
Hey man, nice having ya here. I know where you are coming from with the organ thing. I started organ at 14 or so and had an old yamaha organ which was pathetic. It only had onc octave of pedals, and was just a terrible organ. I hardly ever played it because it was worthless. I then started going into my church before school started to practice for about an hour or so every day. I got tired of that because I wanted to play at home, it was much better. So when i was at the Iowa state fair i ran into a guy that owned an organ retail company from des moines or thereabouts. He was a really nice guy and took my number and what i was looking for in an organ. I called him about two years later to see what he knew, and he had just gotten a 100 series allen organ in and was getting ready to put it on the floor. I was really interested and so to make a long story short two weeks later it was in my house for my playing pleasure. I love the organ, full pedal board, great tune and what not. I'm going up again this year to talk to him about installing a headphone jack on it, but i thought i'd tell you my organ story.

I still only have a wurlitzer piano, though.

--drlo

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,152
Members111,629
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission