My P250 is receiving but not sending. This happened before and the Yamaha phone support folks told me to do a reset of the keyboard. It worked, but I lost all my performance files (arghh) and I didn't learn the root cause.

So now it's happened again (double arghh!). I'm not sure what caused it, but I suspect the "Tools for P-250" software. I try to run the File Utility program and in the setup I get an error message "Test is failured ..." After that, the sending is off.

How do I know it's receiving and not sending? Based on the little lights in the system tray icon for Cakewalk Home Studio 2002. The front panel MIDI controls indicate that the P250 should be sending and receiving.

So I guess I need to reset the keyboard again and lose my performance files (triple arghh!).

Yamaha has not answered my questions (e-mail or phone) about this problem, and their online knowledge base has nothing relating to this.

Anyone out there experienced this?

How do I backup my performance files on my computer if Yamaha's file utility doesn't work?

Is there a better way to get answers out of Yamaha?

Thanks to anyone who can turn the frown upside-down.

- CinCT