2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
48 members (Dalem01, Cheeeeee, danno858, CharlesXX, Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, Dfrankjazz, Carey, 7 invisible), 2,075 guests, and 323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
cfertig Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I am an adult who has started taking classical piano lessons once again and am loving the whole process. I would classify myself as an upper intermediate player. I have the piano I grew up with at my primary residence, but would like to get a digital piano for my second home. The second home is a condo and I do not want to disturb the neighbors, so would like to be able to play with head phones. I would like to have a digital piano that has a touch as close as possible to an acoustical piano. I don't need a lot of bells and whistles--just a good touch and something that sounds like a real piano. I am willing to pay for a good instument. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

C
C
Well if you are willing to pay for a good instrument, I'd say check out the Bosendorfer CEUS digital piano:

http://www.boesendorfer.com/index.php?menu=275&lang=en

If you need something a little smaller, check out the Roland RD-700 GX, Yamaha CP-300, or Kawai MP8II (make sure you play the one you are going to take home) which are stage pianos, or their upright look a like versions.I play classical and have played 48 years on my New York Steinway Model M.In the end I opted for the Roland and a couple of sampled grand pianos for the computer hooked up to it via midi.You just really need to spend some time with each instrument.

Chris

C
cfertig Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I didn't even know that Boesendorfer made a digital piano. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll investigate all of them.

Carol

Hi Cfertig,

If you want the nice 'cabinet'-style:

Try the new YAMAHA CLP-340 and CLP-370. (The CLP-380 is very expensive).

Maybe the best of all is ROLAND HP-207, this is a real gem.

Also it's smaller brother HP-203.

wink

I love my dark rosewood Yamaha CLP-240. She's as honest with me as a loyal dog but she sounds better.
C
cfertig Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks for the suggestions. I wonder if I'll be able to find all of the models that have been mentioned so far. I live in Denver, where it would be easier for me to try out DPs. I will be buying the DP for a place in Chicago. Can anyone recommend good places to look?

L
L
"At a price between 16,000 and 20,000 euros the Boesendorfer keyboard is at the top end of the market"

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/business/news/article_1276047.php

T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
Originally posted by cloudswimmer:
[QB] Well if you are willing to pay for a good instrument, I'd say check out the Bosendorfer CEUS digital piano:

http://www.boesendorfer.com/index.php?menu=275&lang=en

Even more important than being willing would be being able to pay for this.
If you want a top instrument look at the Yamaha CLP-380, the Roland HP-207 and the Kawai CA series (probably in that order)

N
N
Any idea on when the new CLP-300 series will be available in the US?

I was at a Yamaha dealer recently and they only had CLP-200s (230, 240, 270, 280).

Also, there is no information anywhere on the international Yamaha web site about CLP-300s

T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
There are a few in Europe now with volume shipments expected this Fall. Maybe you will see them this Fall/Winter?

P
P
Originally posted by cfertig:
... I would like to have a digital piano that has a touch as close as possible to an acoustical piano. I don't need a lot of bells and whistles--just a good touch and something that sounds like a real piano. I am willing to pay for a good instument. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Since all acoustic pianos are not created equal, you really need to test a bunch of digital pianos to see which feel and sound you find most appealing. I grew up playing an upright acoustic Yamaha (very heavy action and bold sound), then purchased an upright acoustic Baldwin (very light action and softer sound). When it came time to buy my digital, I found the action and piano sound of the Kurzweil more to my liking than the digital Yamaha. Granted that was 6 years ago and things have surely changed, but it really comes down to personal preference. No one keyboard/action/piano sound will ever satisfy everyone.

Kurzweil K2600xs - yeah, it's purple :p , Alesis M1 Active MkII Monitors, [b]Roland RD-300s Restoration Project[/b] completed.
My 2 cents worth is this: buy what you really want. Then you'll enjoy it and continue to be motivated to study. Have fun!

If you think education's expensive, try ignorance.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission