2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
62 members (Barly, bobrunyan, brennbaer, 1200s, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, anotherscott, bcalvanese, 8 invisible), 1,776 guests, and 307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#691396 08/15/04 07:44 PM
E
egursky Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Shopping for digital piano for church. Looking at Clavinova CVP 207, CLP-170 or Kawai (I believe HS series). Anyway, wondering which manufacturer to go with - any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, where could I get help with utilizing all the different gadgets, voices, etc. on these instruments? I'm an acoustic piano player and know NOTHING about the digital offerings.

S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Welcome!!!
It would be helpful to know what your needs are. Is this replacing an organ? piano? what style of worship does your church favor? Will it connect to a sound system? How big is your congregation/sanctuary?

PianoWorld disclaimer: musician, producer, arranger, author, clinician, consultant, PS2 aficionado, secret agent...
E
egursky Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Our church is small - seating of about 130 in sanctuary. Replacing piano and organ. No organist now and it doesn't work anyway. Moving current piano to fellowship hall. It can connect to sound system if needed to a designated channel. Our worship style is currently changing - new pastor and trying to do more of a blended/contemporary worship though slowly as to not upset some of our older members. Everyone is excited about this change and I was told to spend all the money in the fund, which currently is $4700.00, and if more is needed to let someone know. At our meeting last night it was put to me like this "If you are going to get one, try to get the best of the best so we can enjoy some new and exciting sounds".

R
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
R
egursky, I asked a similar question, with the exception that one of my criteria is that it should be portable. Check out some good advice by SteveY in the following link (sorry don't know how to do the web-link thingy):

http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/6/415.html#000000

S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Thanks Roxane -- you saved me a bunch of typing.

I'll point out once again, that although I favor the Roland piano sounds, quality instruments are made by companies such as Yamaha & Korg.

PianoWorld disclaimer: musician, producer, arranger, author, clinician, consultant, PS2 aficionado, secret agent...
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
To be fair, I should state that despite my outspoken preference for Yamaha, I respect the quality instruments made by Roland and Korg and know professionals that use them on a daily basis.

Ryan

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission