2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
65 members (anotherscott, Bellyman, brennbaer, busa, Barly, 1957, btcomm, 13 invisible), 1,975 guests, and 331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
S
Joachim,

I appreciate the suggestion. However, that is not gonna happen. I've moved enough acoustic pianos and played out-of-tune ones to know that I will be buying a digital for that reason, if no other.

Thanks.

-speedy
W
W
I second speedlever!
We were first thinking of getting a weighed keyboard as an intermediate step to getting an upright some time later. After discovering HP-200 series, no uprights for us, thanks! (IMHO DPs finally became superior to uprights in a similar price range)
Few years down the road, the choice between a grand and a high end digital would be a very tough one for us!

ABL Offline
I am close to making a purchase but hesitant, if Roland is on the verge of another KR higher than the KR 107. Hopefully, it will have a bigger LCD, comparable to the CVP 307.

Where do you get information that Roland is bringing out a new KR model next year? I would like to check it out before I make a purchase.

If anyone knows how to get this information on what is coming up in Roland KR (109? 200's) and when we can see them online would you please post this information. Thanks!

Anne

B
B
Originally posted by FogVilleLad:
rama, re the feel of the actions, when playing a digital the feel is more like pressing on the end of a lever; with acoustics - even uprights - there is a feel of setting a mass into motion.
[...]
That depends on the model. More expensive digitals have a real hammer mass to set in motion to mimic the feel of an acoustic. It is plain to see on the demo key action models in stores.

I got a Roland FP4 for my 11year old to learn on. We like the modern styling. I was keen on portability for future versatility, since she can take her flute anywhere already.

A
A
Hello, Anne.

I guess we should see in 6 months new ROLAND KR-200 models...

.. They should match the updated specifications and design updates of the HP-200 line.

Just my guess, but the KR-100 series look now a bit old compared with he new HPs... I think they must be preparing a major update in the panel and features.

Best,

Andres.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission