2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
38 members (benkeys, Burkhard, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, Animisha, beeboss, Cominut, brennbaer, crab89, aphexdisklavier, 3 invisible), 1,336 guests, and 279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#676915 03/08/07 04:43 AM
I don’t worry about 88, 50 or 30 samplings banks, when the end product, the sound of the Yamaha CLP series, is nevertheless excellent in my opinion. smile

Disclaimer:
This is, of course, not a contradiction to the experience Claude or any person else claim to have of the excellent sound in the Kawai MP8, regardless of the possible technical shortcomings of this model compared to every other existent digital piano in the universe, in the past, now or in the future.
wink

Peace,

/Richard

#676916 03/08/07 06:06 AM
AJB Offline
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
I cannot help thinking that there can be too much focus on technology in these frequent CLP threads and not enough on playing. It is playing the thing that matters and we quickly forget about the knobs and buttons. The CLP270/280 is not really intended to be a do it all digital instrument - it is first and foremost a good quality digital piano. In my experience it does that job very well and is perfectly capable of doing anything that an advanced pianist wants for practice purposes.

I also have a good acoustic grand and I bought the digital (280 in my case) to suit a particular room last October. It has since been moved to two different houses and the iAFC feature has proved useful in adapting the piano to its location.

There is a lot of chatter about wooden keys, cosmetic wooden inlays etc, but really all that matters is do people like the action feel or not. I dont think the 270 is available in gloss black, so for some (I wanted gloss black to match finsh of my grand) the 280 is the only choice.

Incidentally, typical UK price for a gloss black 280 is £2,200 (Surey dealer) and for a 270 around £450 less. Mine included a high quality gloss black adjustable bench for this price and delivery and set up.

Adrian

C212. Teaching. Accompaniment.
#676917 03/08/07 07:37 AM
Originally posted by CarolinaCA:
Agent, thanks for bringing that to my attention. Now that you did, I believe I do recall them saying I could upgrade within the next year. I've just been so happy (for myself) with the 240 that I kind of forgot that I could upgrade for my kids! I think I will look into that. Thx!
Your welcome. I know how it feels. I would hate to think that you would miss the opportunity to at least give the dealer a chance to make you an even happier customer. IMO this is the biggest advantage that local dealers have over the internet and it's no small thing either.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission