2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
68 members (brennbaer, accordeur, antune, Colin Miles, anotherscott, AndyOnThePiano2, benkeys, 10 invisible), 1,808 guests, and 316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
pevawi Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks to your advices and information I could find on this board I did manage to buy a new piano a Kawai K6 below are the pictures of the piano and it's delivery.

Unloading:
[img]http://www.box.net/index.php?rm=box...=580&border=1&file_id=f_81134199[/img]

Narrow fit in the hall:
[img]http://www.box.net/index.php?rm=box...=580&border=1&file_id=f_81134209[/img]

Ready to play...
[img]http://www.box.net/index.php?rm=box...=580&border=1&file_id=f_81134223[/img]

From the other side (next to my organ):
[img]http://www.box.net/index.php?rm=box...=580&border=1&file_id=f_81134179[/img]

The hammers:
[img]http://www.box.net/index.php?rm=box...=580&border=1&file_id=f_81134237[/img]

Kawai K6
J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
Aren't new pianos beautiful! Congratulations. Do you have music for organ/piano duet?

John
Congrats on the new piano! I just love shiny black pianos. Have fun with it!

By the way, you're lucky you didn't have these guys deliver your piano.

[Linked Image]

Congratulations! Wow, the piano looks amazing. How much did you spend in all? (Not sure if you stated this somewhere else)

T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
Gefeliciteerd pevawi! I also bought my Kawai once upon a time based in part on the experiences gleaned from lurking in this amazing forum community. By the way, nice organ. I wish I had your neighbors.

J
J
Fantastic looking instrument - congrats. You will enjoy your Kawai enormously! Nice looking practice organ as well (Viscount Prestige IX?).

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Now that is a nice vertical! Those tall ones can really shine.

I don't believe I can recall anyone here posting pictures of a piano/organ duo.

K
K
Nice piano, congrats!

Mind if I ask how much you got it for?

Music breaks the ice beyond the visible boundary of any kind, freeing the human spirit.
pevawi Offline OP
OP Offline
Well thank you all for your kind response. To answer a few questions:

JohnEB: I know there is (heard some nice examples) but I don't have it. Wouldn't do any good since I'm just beginning to play the piano and only have a year practice on a organ. But definitely something I will explore in the future (when I can play a descent piece).

Tuan Vo I'm sure lucky that they didn't drop it. I'm still amazed by the strength and control two reasonable small boys did have lifting a 250Kg piano (that's 125Kg each!).

DigitalPianoMan/Kuyt As I told someone in a private message prices doesn't mean much to you since your on a other continent but I paid around 7500 euros. Now before I'm bashed of as some clothing (sock) wink I will add that I only telling this because I don't believe it's a spectacular price, it's just a nice price.

PianoDad Well the shine of the piano actually made it very hard to make a descent picture, that's why I added the picture with the organ in view (was the best I could make) but I'm no photographer as you can tell. I believe there are many more organ players with a piano or vice versa. Playing the piano enhances your organ technique (at least that's what they tell me wink ). Thanks for the comment!

Jazzpianist No not a viscount it's a Dutch brand: Johannus, type is:Opus 15. Very nice organ especially in romantic mode and with the cornet (that stop is never turned off when I play wink )!!

Kawai K6

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Absolutely beautiful piano, pevawi. May it bring you years of playing pleasure. smile

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Stunning! Great lines on the cabinet. Enjoy!

Will Johnny Come Marching Home?
The fate of the modern wartime soldier
S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
Very beautiful! And it has a keyboard friend - that's great!

What a great idea that they wrapped it in plastic for the delivery for extra protection. They should do that here.

B
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
B
I'm so glad to see your new beautiful instrument along side your organ - you must be grinning from ear to ear! Enjoy!

When I had my piano moved into the loft at our last house, I had to go for a walk around the block as I could not stand to see two very large, strong men struggle up the stairs with it. Likewise, when it came down the stairs last October, I went for a walk again, and I was very concerned about moving it into the new home, too. It sounded so great in the loft overlooking the living room and with very high ceilings - the piano was at it's best.

M
M
Thanks for the sharing of the pictures, the K-6 is really beautiful !

How does it sound in your home environment (as compared to in the shop) ? When I got the delivery of my K-6, I found it was a bit loud in my living room which is 10ft x 20ft with 9ft ceiling. My living room has hardwood floor with drywalls and two pieces of sofa. I added a bookcase next to the piano and my wife made a few pieces of large cusion to the sofa and it is fine now. You have carpet floor and probably you don't have this problem.

Enjoy your piano !

Kawai RX-3, UST-9.
B
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
B
Beautiful piano (and organ!). The K-6 is a very classy looking upright, that tall case really looks elegant and I bet it sounds great. Enjoy!

Greg
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Great piano, thanks for the pics. You are fortunate to have both an organ and a piano. Yes, I have heard of the Johannus. Even have a CD demo of it. You are fortunate to be able to practice the organ at home. I have to go to the church to practice.

RickG
L
L
Congrats!!! I have a K-5 myself. Never tried on a K-6. It must be a wonderful piano.

Kawai K5 - 2006
G
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
G
Wonderful piano. And, you can swivel around, hit a few resonant chords on the organ, and back to the piano. Nice thing about a vertical. No problem with cats trying to nap on the strings. Congratulations. Gaby Tu.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Congratulations, pevawi. Enjoy your new piano.

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

pevawi Offline OP
OP Offline
Well thanks again for all your kind responses.

Betty: I was reasonable confident in the movers they take it very slow (not a job for me obviously) and that gave me much confidence in them.

MusicBud: I was stunned by the volume of the piano. Compared to my organ playing I play at a quarter of the volume from the piano and sometimes even less (to practice my ears). But after two day's I'm getting used to it. It wasn't that obvious in the shop (the loudness) as it was at home. And the sustain is very good.. if I only learnt arpeggio’s playing every octave with the damper pedal down I still could impress my family and friends (the piano does it for me wink )

RickG: Organs are quit cheap compared to a piano. Unless your a stop-freak that has to have 60 stops or more wink With the very little experience I've so far I would almost say that piano playing is a little easier (except for the dynamics). On a organ you have to be more careful in lifting, and errors made are more noticeable on a organ (but that could be because of my in experience in ear training for a piano). What's your take on that?

Gaby: Well I solved that problem by not having cats wink Although I really like them but they would get very lonely at my house. You could train your cats to not jump in your piano. It's simple. They are good in connecting the dots so if you throw (you have to throw they won’t go in easy wink ) them in a bath with water directly (no pauses take them and walk to the bath in one line) after getting them out of the piano (do it outside and let them dry up before entering the house!) you only have to do that twice or three times, by then they know: piano equals getting wet. And they will stay away. Seems cruel but they won't love you less for it (as long as you keep the catfood coming wink ).

Kawai K6
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission