2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
73 members (Carey, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, 36251, brdwyguy, amc252, akse0435, 13 invisible), 2,110 guests, and 299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
OP Offline
H
I played a Casio px100 at my local costco and the keys 'clicked' when they played (sorta a plasticy sound). Is that normal, or was the floor model defective, or damaged from being played so much? (I could tell it was played a lot by the number of smudge prints on the keys). I'm sure if I played the piano loudly or through headphones I wouldn't notice the clicking sound, but at low volumes using the speaker it was irritating.

I've been looking at the posts at this site for a couple months now, and I thought what was the best comprimise between what I was willing to pay and what I wanted was the Casio px100. But if the key click is normal, then I'm not sure I'd want it after all.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I experienced something similar when I tried the PX100 and 300. They seemed to click more for very staccato playing. Then I tried the Yamaha P60 right next to the Casios and was surprised that they, too, were fairly "clicky." While the Casio isn't ideal, I just ordered a PX300 from an eBay store. It should be sufficient for my needs and I didn't want to spend a lot. I've read quite a few owner reviews, and they basically say the Casio is a good value. This should probably be read to mean that, while you get a fairly decent keyboard for the money, remember that you're not paying that much, so don't have unrealistic expectations.

markb--The Count of Casio
J
J
Yes, I too noticed that the keys on the Casio made a "clicking" noise. It was actually pretty loud, too.

Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission