2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
60 members (danno858, BadSanta, danbot3, Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 11 invisible), 1,818 guests, and 265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
bighago Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I have a kawai digital piano and although it is loud enough for my needs at the moment im interested to know how would be the best way to connect to an amplifier/speakers for maybe stage/concert use??? obviously i would want the sound of my piano to remain accurate!!

thanks

I'm not an expert on this, but I believe that there are different kinds of amps. Ones that are more guitar oriented, ones that are more piano/keyboard oriented, and ones that are more middle-of-the-road.

You might go to one of the online retailers and click on their "Keyboards" tab, then narrow the search within keyboards to Amplifiers. Musiciansfriend.com, Sweetwater.com, & Samash.com are examples of sites that you can do this at.

There is a book that Yamaha has published about sound and I seen it recommended on this forum once (I haven't had the chance to read it yet), but if you want to make a research project out of it, the book is called: "The Sound Reinforcement Handbook"

Dreaming of a grand...
D
D
You didn't say what model Kawai you have...most digital stage piano's have a line out that you can connect to the house PA. As far as what to get for monitoring on stage, you need to say what you are willing to spend. If your needs are very modest, a keyboard amp will probably suffice. Stay away from guitar amps as they are not desinged to reproduce the full range of the keyboard. If you are playing large venues or competing with rock guitars, you would be better off with a powered speaker like the JBL EON or Mackie 450.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission