2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
37 members (Erinmarriott, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, Animisha, beeboss, Cominut, brennbaer, crab89, aphexdisklavier, admodios, 4 invisible), 1,329 guests, and 280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
OP Offline
P
Is there anyone who can tell me how to make the number 1 piano which is the faziolo grand sound like a faziolo grand? The book is kind of hard to understand and I have been tweeking the velocity ,efx,and reverb but am not able to get the deep rich sound of a grand piano.The module is being ran through my cp33 which so far is winning the sound war between the pianos. I was looking through the forums a couple of weeks ago and came across a rp-x page that showed the different settings you could use to get the best sound out of the module but am unable to find it and am not shure which forum it was on. Any help would be appreciated.

P
OP Offline
P
well I found out why I was having so much trouble getting a decent sound out of the rp-x, somebody was allready trying out the module before I did and all the piano sounds were screwed up. I finally tried reseting the sound module and it makes a big difference. This is my first sound module and that didn"t even occur to me. The owners manual is also screwed up,it has some of the instruments in the wrong order or two numbers ahead or behind.

V
V
Hi there, I too was thinking of buying the module but your first post really terrified me Frankly, how good is the sound after resetting? Dramatic improvement? I wish to know as I will be ordering it via the net and there is no way I can try it. Are you using monitor speakers as well. Please reply

Originally posted by pianomike:
The owners manual is also screwed up,it has some of the instruments in the wrong order or two numbers ahead or behind.
Maybe you’re mixing performances with sounds? This module works by performances. Every performance (99) can have 4 sounds (parts) layered or split across the keyboard. To change a part (sound) within a performance you have to press the edit button or else the display will show the number of the performance and not the selected sound.

(from the manual , I don't own one, yet wink )

Best regards,

/Richard

Does anyone know of any other mp3 demos of the RP-X apart from the GEM site? I quite like the EP demos but the piece chosen to demo the Fazioli just doesn't have enough dynamics to show the tone variation (or lack thereof).

Digital Fake Book
Free Chord/Lyric Display Software for Windows.
http://mike-warren.net/digitalfakebook/
P
OP Offline
P
Hi everybody, in respone to the question on the piano sounds they are deffinetly pretty good, you can still tell there a litlle synthetic but not much. Compared to the pianosounds on my cp33 they have alot more sustain to them and I can articulatte the slower songs alot better without the pianosounds falling off. There are 4 or 5 piano sounds on it that sound very good with the diferrent songs I play mainly billy joel , elton john ,james taylor,jim croce, etc. for the faster jazz songs I still like the cp33 but I haven"t tweeked any of the sounds yet and the manual says it easier to do over the computer with the disk they sent with the module.Being a little computer illiterate and not having my own computer I find that a pain. The electric pianos are great sounding and Ialso like the string sounds. I just recieved it this week so Im not quiet familiar with all the sounds on it. It deffinetly was worth the $650 dollars I paid for it. It came with a midi cable but Ihad ordered one anyway ,when I opened the box up the module was in upside down that should have alerted me that some one tested it out before I did and they got into the edit mode and screwed up most of the piano sounds. I was relieved when I reset it. There are two sets of sounds on it, performance mode which has 99 sound and the numbering in the book is correct and the regular sounds which have 50 sounds and two different numbers for each sound ,after you get to piano sound number 10 niethther one of the numbers correspond to the sound bieng played. I hope this helps you out.

P
OP Offline
P
v george, in response to the question am I using moniters, im using a peavey 275 watt powered 12 inch speaker with a krk 10 inch 200 watt powered sub woofer. I use this set up for practise and playing out at different gigs. when im playing out im using two key boards so i run them both through a yamaha 8 channel stereo mixer.I run the yamaha cp33 through a stereo sonic maximizer which gives it more depth and a cleaner sound.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission