2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
42 members (Andre Fadel, Animisha, alexcomoda, benkeys, Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, 11 invisible), 1,191 guests, and 313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#655996 05/11/07 06:28 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Gday all

If anyone is interested i have just done my 1st player clip.The song is "Goodbye yellow brick road" by Elton John.

Regards Daniel smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zPEQI-N8Eo

C
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
C
Very nice Daniel.

Looking forward to hearing some Duo Art rolls smile

Rich Lindahl
Piano Restorations in Central CT
www.rivervalleypiano.com
M
M
Oh My God!!! I have your piano's older sibling!

Nov 18, '06 I got a 1919 Aeolian Weber that is the twin to yours. Was such a thrill to watch your video, envious that yours sounds so beautiful! You are the first Weber upright owner I've met.

My 'real' name is Linda and my eBay ID is molehillmini. We have probably rubbed elbows on roll auctions.

You know that Weber is synonymous with Steinway? Since it looks identical to mine it is a full-reproducer and electric isn't it?

Where are you? I am in southern Ohio, between Dayton and Cincy. If we live close I could loan you some of my Duo-Art rolls.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending which way you want to look at it, mine is not restored yet. Got it on eBay from David Smith, Outback Mechanical Music in Bainbridge, New York. John Tuttle of Player-Care called it "the Virgin" since it has never been restored.

Have been hoarding rolls since Oct '06 and lost count after about 500. More than 60 Duo-Art rolls. I know, why get the rolls when I can't hear them yet. Just promise to not tell Bill, my hubby! Have run out of places to hide the boxes. It is a bit of a compulsion! I already have some rather rare Ragtime pieces.

Didn't come with the original bench so my Dad and I had to make the trip to Schaumburg, IL last weekend to get one also on eBay.

52 and learning to play. Wanted to play piano since 10 and forced into violin. Mom sold paternal grandmother's piano two years later. So a player has been a life-long dream.

Actually I just joined this site to check out the Roland FP-4/7 DP to learn while I am saving up to restore my baby. Bill asked why I got the player and not just the DP to begin with but fortunately a friend of his from work, but in St. Louis, said the same thing I did, they are totally different animals.

Have a million questions and things to talk to you about but don't want to scare you off! So glad I found you!

It is never too late to be what you might have been. George Eliot

1919 Weber Duo-Art upright, Roland RD-700GX,
1918 Chickering Ampico 5'8", 1923 Steinway Duo-Art 6'4"

[Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Welcome Linda, to the player piano world! smile Sounds like you have a great original instrument! If you are thinking about getting it restored, one of THE best restorers for a player piano is Craig Brougher. John Tuttle knows of his work, as I do, he is first rate.

http://www.player-care.com/cb/index.html

Have fun with it! GP

Dear Linda,
I also have a Weber Duo-Art that I got about a year ago. Mine is a 1926 grand which was well re-stored about 9 years ago. Grandpianoman's (a great Forum member) suggestion of Craig Brougher is excellent. I know of his fine work thru my membership in Amica. Another excellent player piano restorer is the Lindahl family in Central Ct - (CTPianotech) whose post appears above. They do beautiful work also. Herb Lindahl (Rich's father) takes care of my piano.
Btw, I had similar experience. My maternal grandfather had a wonderful Apollo upright expression player. He offered it to my mom in the early 60's. My mom, who grew up with it, didn't want it, so grandpa sold it. I was only 6 or 7 at the time - but it left lasting scars.
I finally got a player piano at 53. I'm learning to play also. Feel free to contact me anytime. All the best!

M
M
Hi to all and thanks for such a warm welcome! Sorry I haven't replied sooner, been really busy finishing a custom dollhouse. Will send more later but wanted to let you know I appreciate all the info.

About the lasting scars turrin150, yes, that is a good way of putting it! I also didn't get the same grandmother's '57 Chevy 4 door when I was 15 1/2, more scars! Oh well, like Steven Wright says, "You can't have it all. Where would you put it?" But you know I am trying real hard! Guess that explains why I am a packrat!

It is never too late to be what you might have been. George Eliot

1919 Weber Duo-Art upright, Roland RD-700GX,
1918 Chickering Ampico 5'8", 1923 Steinway Duo-Art 6'4"

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission