2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, 13 invisible), 1,860 guests, and 258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
OP Offline
S
Hi Folks,

Just a quick note to introduce the SuperTube piano tuning lever. Many of you are already aware of this product, but if you are not, I invite you to visit www.fujanproducts.com.

Thanks and best regards,
Steve

Steven J. Fujan, P.E.
FUJAN Products
www.fujanproducts.com
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Has anyone tried this Fujan hammer?

Gpman

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
My tuning hammer is 75 years old.
Rosewood with an adjustable extension.

Given to me by my father who recieved it from an old French Tuner who left him his tools in his will.

Very Comfortable.

SuperTube ??? ...

eek

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
Mark Twain

E. J. Buck & Sons
Lowell MA 01852
978 458 8688
www.ejbuckpiano.com
http://www.facebook.com/EJBuckPerformances
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I've had one for several months, but only done a few tunings with it as I am no longer professionally involved in the trade.

Mine is about 13 inches long with an 11 degree offset head, to try to match closely the lever I'd been using for 25 years, a Schaff extension hammer with rosewood handle, slightly modified (extension shaft shortened and permanently fixed at minimum extension with epoxy and a steel pin).

The Fujan lever works very well, transmitting an excellent feel of pin movement and requiring less turning effort than my old standby (because the Fujan is longer). If I were working full time I think I would find the Fujan lever a significant improvement and of definite benefit to my arm, shoulder, wrist, etc.

Mike
Registered Piano Technician
Member Piano Technicians Guild
Not currently working in the piano trade.
2000 Post Club Member
Online Content
2000 Post Club Member
I have one - with two lengths of tubing to handle really tight pins on occasion. (I normally prefer a short lever.) I especially appreciate the width of the tube; I've got big hands and now a regular lever feels like a stick in my hands...

The design allows for a variety of hand and lever positions while tuning - and it just looks cool!

Piano/instrument technician
www.ronkoval.com

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Thanks guys...I am not a professional tuner, but I do tune my own piano, and this Fujan sounds like a good thing. I also have large hands, and that would be another benefit.

Gpman

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
update on this new tuning lever.....Have been using the Fujan lever for awhile now and I must say, I really like it...I am able to tune my piano faster and I think better, with a better feel for the pins, and it moves them eaiser, hence more accuracy.

GP

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Thanks for the update gp

Les Koltvedt
Servicing the Greater Atlanta area
www.LKPianos.com
PTG Associate
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
You're welcome MMH......what I am getting is a more accurate feel for the pins with much less effort to turn them....I can get to the exact spot where the string should be much easier and faster with greater accuracy. It's a joy to use....ergonomically, the wooden end piece is also great because of it's shape/size and it fits my hand really well.

GP

R
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
R
How does it do for clearance in the treble? Just looking at the design, I can imagine having trouble clearing the capo bar in many grands. I sometimes have trouble now. Maybe one with the 11* offset would do the trick. Other than that, this lever looks great and I am tempted to try one. I have several already, but they are all extension levers of fairly similar design.

Roy Peters, RPT
Cincinnati, Ohio
www.cincypiano.com
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Hi Roy, I don't think you would be disappointed at all.....the only piano I can comment on as far as it clearing the treble is my 1915 M&Hamlin A...I have no problem clearing the treble with the 5 degree!...I also have the 5/8 extension tip which helps with the clearance...with the 11 degree, you should not have any trouble. I chose the 5 degree to minimize "flagpoling".

I don't think you would be disappointed in how it works....much more accuracy for me, and that's a plus because I am not a pro tuner! With the standard type tuning lever, I was always overshooting the correct spot...with the Fujian, I am zeroing in much quicker and easier and I can feel the pin better and as a result, I have more control.

The 30 day trial period is nice to have as well, just in case you don't like it.

GP

R
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
R
Thanks GP.
If you have the extension tip, I'm sure that helps. I tend to have clearance problems on newer asian grands.

The Fujan lever does sound promising. I may try one eventually.

Roy Peters, RPT
Cincinnati, Ohio
www.cincypiano.com

Moderated by  Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,259
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission