2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
48 members (Dalem01, Cheeeeee, danno858, CharlesXX, Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, Dfrankjazz, Carey, 7 invisible), 2,075 guests, and 323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#614138 01/19/09 10:54 PM
G
OP Offline
G
I know that part of the success in our business comes in sending out reminders to our customers that their piano(s) needs to be tuned once again. My question is this - when do you stop sending reminders to folks who do not reply? I realize that the ideal situation is to set up an appointment before you leave the first time, but there are those folks who would rather hold off. Is there is reasonable point when you give up, or do you keep sending out the post cards every 6 months?

Cheers,
Glenn

#614139 01/19/09 11:07 PM
If I have extra time when I'm sending the month's 6 and 12 month reminders, I might throw in a couple 18 or 24 month ones. Otherwise, they shift to the inactive section of our database.

Elizabeth Heppler, R.P.T.
www.hepplerpiano.com
#614140 01/20/09 12:39 AM
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
I have a database set up perfectly that pops up automatically, the clients that want to be called and what month/s they prefer. It pops up 30-90 days in advance of their requested month. That includes all of my churches, schools, homes and college work.

I hire someone to make THESE calls for me as I hate it! I get many more scheduled this way than I do sending out reminder cards.

I don't mind returning calls that come in but, can't stand doing the other ones.

Anyway, these people have either requested to be called, or are ones that I asked if they wanted to be called and they said yes.

I will call them for about 3 years. Maybe, 4, if they have been good clients in the past. If they say no for that long then I tell them I am deleting them from my call back list as I have many others to do that will schedule. Sometimes that gets them to schedule, sometimes not but, I do delete them then after that mark by removing the X in the box that pops them up. I might send one last reminder card in the mail (depending on who it is) before finally giving up on them letting them call me instead.

Jerry Groot RPT
Piano Technicians Guild
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

Moderated by  Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission