2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, 13 invisible), 1,860 guests, and 258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
OP Offline
Interview with pianist Amy Cheng and Gene Moon , Director of The Orchestra of the Pines :

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HZ5bxyO6D14

I'll be releasing each movement over the next few weeks. You can get a free downloadable version of this interview and each movement of the concerto by Subscribing to The Piano Podcast via iTunes , or going to: http://marioajero.blogspot.com

Enjoy!

Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
Isn't this advertising goods/products/services for sale? : "Subscribing to The Piano Podcast via iTunes" - which is prohibited by Piano World forums.

BruceD
- - - - -
Estonia 190
OP Offline
Originally posted by BruceD:
Isn't this advertising goods/products/services for sale? : "Subscribing to The Piano Podcast via iTunes" - which is prohibited by Piano World forums.
I don't think so because there's nothing for sale.

Just good old free music.

E
ecm Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
This is advertise. Even your profile looks like a politic campaign..

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
I, for one, am not impressed with the performance. Sounds flat and emotionless to this guy.

OP Offline
Gee, thanks for all the "encouraging" words...

Nonetheless, here's the first movement for those of you who want to enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQaa84MP7c

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
For what it's worth, I find your piano podcast very interesting, Mario! It must be a ton of work to put these episodes together, but they are very useful for a beginner like me. Thanks for making it! smile

Van Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
ditto what mahlzeit wrote...although you should probably avoid using that word "subscribe" I'm sure people will do so regardless if they find it useful/interesting...

mahlzeit, you ain't no beginner laugh I really enjoyed your recital piece, a very clean sound and performance.

[Linked Image]
D
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Originally posted by sid:
ditto what mahlzeit wrote...although you should probably avoid using that word "subscribe" I'm sure people will do so regardless if they find it useful/interesting...

mahlzeit, you ain't no beginner laugh I really enjoyed your recital piece, a very clean sound and performance.
"Joining" sounds much better. It's more "agreeable". wink ("Becoming a member" if you must use it...but most people associate this with a cost moreso than they do "joining". Best thing you can do... if it's free, be up front about it being free.)

Every day we are afforded a new chance. The problem with life is not that you run out of chances. In the end, what you run out of are days.
OP Offline
Pardon the confusion. The word "Subscribe" is the generally accepted word used when someone chooses to receive podcast episodes, news feeds, and other content automatically via an RSS feed (look under "Usage" at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS for more info).

Anyway, for those who aren't familiar with the podcasting culture, all podcasts are free whether you subscribe to them, download individual episodes, or get them from iTunes or not. I think podcasting is an excellent alternative to mainstream media and a way for pianists to share their performances and teaching ideas with a global audience.

It's my hope that more pianists get involved in podcasting and start their own "shows". If you're interested in learning how, let me know as it isn't that hard to do.

And yes, I'll help for FREE just in case any skeptics think I'm in this for the money. After all, I chose piano teaching as a profession. That in itself should say how much "financial-smarts" I really have!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
thanks mario, i enjoy the stuff you post. I'm new to the forum and went to a link on your podcast teaching how to play a christmas song and I thought it was extremely nice of you to take the time to give people a free little lesson.

you rock!!!

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair.>>> Herman Munster
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I enjoyed the video. I thought the playing was quite nice. I appreciate the effort that went into putting it together for us to see and hear.

I'm sure that my musical tastes are not as "refined" as some (actually, I'm not so sure, but I'm willing to pretend). But I find it just a little bit offensive when someone feels compelled to make negative comments about someone else's artistic efforts. There's enough negativity in the world already.

OP Offline

Mario's a fairly regular contributor and this isn't anywhere near a "spam for financial gain" type of post.

The podcast is cool! Keep it up!

"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed
OP Offline
Thanks, Kreisler!

Here is the final movement of Sergei Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 2 in C Minor, Op. 18 performed by <A HREF="http://www.okcu.edu/music/faculty/acheng.asp">Amy Cheng</A>, pianist, and the <A HREF="http://music.sfasu.edu/ensembles/orchestra_of_the_pines.html">Orchestra of the Pines</A> directed by <A HREF="http://music.sfasu.edu/faculty/g_moon.html">Gene Moon</A>.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo9V-P3F0NU

E
ecm Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
Sorry for criticizing so much. Nice video.

Greetings Mario ...... I want to say thank you for the incredible work and effort put forth in the production of your podcasts. They are really informative and interesting. I enjoyed the interview with Any Cheng and Gene Moon. I am a beginner and I think Amy Cheng is a fabulous player. Her movements are so fluid and graceful. I am in awe of her discipline and dedication in attaining that level of virtuosity, Amazing !!! I also enjoyed the presentation of the " Home Concert Xtreme" program. It looks like a real winner and something I can put to good use. Well keep up the good work, I will be waiting for your next episode. Tom

Pianoforte Neophyte

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,259
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission