2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
70 members (Charles Cohen, 20/20 Vision, clothearednincompo, bcalvanese, booms, 36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 9 invisible), 1,948 guests, and 249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
From a girl's point of view. Telling a girl your gay is the ULTIMATE WRONG pick-up line!!!

I mean, that scratches him off my list immediately. I don't know if I'd ever continue being "friends", coz I once had such a friend who just wanted to talk about all the guys he had the weekend.

Do you really think your girl-friend wants to hear about you fooling around with friggen MEN?

D, liked your joke about the shopping though!

Hi from South Africa

lallie
D
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
D
Originally posted by LWpianistin:
"I have a friend who's convinced that telling a girl he's gay is the ultimate chat up line. "

haha. i think that's hilarious!...but is he serious when saying that? not that it would really make a difference....
His plan is, somewhere down the line, to tell her that he's never felt like this about a woman before, and that being with her has turned him. Have to add that his last relationship ended up with some biblical rows. Actually so did the one before that. He tends to go through a lot of girlfriends smile

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Precisely. :p :p

lallie
D
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
D
Homophobia and a sense of humour failure. Hmmm....

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Diarmuid2:
His plan is, somewhere down the line, to tell her that he's never felt like this about a woman before, and that being with her has turned him. Have to add that his last relationship ended up with some biblical rows. Actually so did the one before that. He tends to go through a lot of girlfriends smile
:rolleyes:

No way, no how, no where, will any straight guy tell a girl (or any other guy for that matter) that he is gay. I dont care HOW secure he supposedly is with his masculinity, it just isnt something that a straight guy does. Uttering it pretty much ensures rumors will spread, and he will be known as the gay guy, to many.

What, he thinks the rest of the people in his life will know he's straight, but this one girl (or these several girls he's used the line on) will remain hermetically separated from the rest of the world so the perceived orientations never get mixed?

Any guy running around telling girls he's gay has a little more going on with that issue below the surface. Kinda like those guys i've known who go to gay bars because its "easier to pick up women there since they're off guard". :rolleyes:

I was born the year Glenn Gould stop playing concerts. Coincidence?
D
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
D
I can assure you he has no issues, and no intention of having anything other than a one night stand. He thinks it's a good hook. And London is far too big a place for the odd girl he meets in a bar to end up bumping into his circle of friends.

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Your friend is nuts. Even if I WERE looking for a one night stand (which, let me hasten to add, I am not), the last person I would hook up with is somebody who admits to having a lifestyle placing him at high risk of AIDS.

Tell your friend a MUCH more effective line is the ol' "my heart was broken two years ago and you're the first woman I've met who has given me hope that one day I might be able to love again." This works even better if said with a soulful expression on the face and, dare I say it, a welling or two of tears in the corner of the eye.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I can assure you he has no issues, and no intension of having anything other than a one night stand. He thinks it's a good hook. And London is far too big a place for the odd girl he meets in a bar to end up bumping into his circle of friends.
Well, ok, I guess I could see that, but thats not the scenario presented. You said its a longer term plan where he'll eventually tell the girl he's never felt this way about a girl before.

His plan is, somewhere down the line, to tell her that he's never felt like this about a woman before, and that being with her has turned him.
You mean he goes through this whole metamorphisis all in one conversation at a bar? I was under the impression it was a longer term plan. That after knowing her for a few days/weeks he pretends to change teams. Also since you said he goes thru a lot of girlfriends, I assumed you meant girls he met this way, which wouldnt be one night stands. I guess I misunderstood.

If its all a one time ploy that is delivered across a few minutes in a bar, well, thats different. But how lame!!! LOL. But I suppose we'll say anything to a girl to score.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Monica Kern:
Tell your friend a MUCH more effective line is the ol' "my heart was broken two years ago and you're the first woman I've met who has given me hope that one day I might be able to love again." This works even better if said with a soulful expression on the face and, dare I say it, a welling or two of tears in the corner of the eye.
LOL, but when just meeting in a bar for a one night stand? If a guy said that with a tear, I think he'd look like a needy mess bordering on psycho. LOL. ah what a tangled web we weave... smile

IT's dishonest and one these days your old friend is going end up dealing with an angry bull fag that may beat him into submission. He sounds like an idiot.

Theodore
Alamo Music Center
San Antonio,Texas
D
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
D
Originally posted by Siddhartha:
If its all a one time ploy that is delivered across a few minutes in a bar, well, thats different. But how lame!!! LOL. But I suppose we'll say anything to a girl to score. [/QB]
Yeah it's a course of the evening ploy, so over a few hours and many drinks hehe.

D
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
D
Originally posted by Theodore:
IT's dishonest and one these days your old friend is going end up dealing with an angry bull fag that may beat him into submission. He sounds like an idiot.
Well he's a lot of fun! And his relationships would make for a pretty action packed mini series I can tell you smile

[b] Tell your friend a MUCH more effective line is the ol' "my heart was broken two years ago and you're the first woman I've met who has given me hope that one day I might be able to love again." This works even better if said with a soulful expression on the face and, dare I say it, a welling or two of tears in the corner of the eye.
LOL, but when just meeting in a bar for a one night stand? If a guy said that with a tear, I think he'd look like a needy mess bordering on psycho. LOL. ah what a tangled web we weave... smile [/b]
It's the WELLING of a tear in the corner of the eye (only) that is critical. Having the tear escape the eye and roll down the cheek will backfire, as you suggest, because it makes him look like "a needy mess." But a watery eye merely makes him look vulnerable and arouses maternal instincts. laugh

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
[b]
[b] Tell your friend a MUCH more effective line is the ol' "my heart was broken two years ago and you're the first woman I've met who has given me hope that one day I might be able to love again." This works even better if said with a soulful expression on the face and, dare I say it, a welling or two of tears in the corner of the eye.
LOL, but when just meeting in a bar for a one night stand? If a guy said that with a tear, I think he'd look like a needy mess bordering on psycho. LOL. ah what a tangled web we weave... smile [/b]
It's the WELLING of a tear in the corner of the eye (only) that is critical. Having the tear escape the eye and roll down the cheek will backfire, as you suggest, because it makes him look like "a needy mess." But a watery eye merely makes him look vulnerable and arouses maternal instincts. laugh [/b]
Well, ok, I know we're just having fun here, but still, just delivering the line itself, the mention of the word 'love' in an introductory bar conversation....ida know....sounds suspect. I mean if she uses that word in any context with me DURING the one night stand, red light and sirens start going off.

I mean in your scenario, 'love' is being suggested before any opportunity to know the person. Thats psycho. hehe. But thats just me. Maybe its different from the womans perspective. Seriously, if a guy met you in a bar, and while you're there chatting over drinks, and he delivered that line to you, that after two years of a broken heart, he thinks you might let him love again, that wouldnt send you running screaming? You wouldnt see that as too fast and needy?

I mean in your scenario, 'love' is being suggested before any opportunity to know the person. Thats psycho. hehe. But thats just me. Maybe its different from the womans perspective. Seriously, if a guy met you in a bar, and while you're there chatting over drinks, and he delivered that line to you, that after two years of a broken heart, he thinks you might let him love again, that wouldnt send you running screaming? You wouldnt see that as too fast and needy?
I've been (thankfully) removed from the bar pickup scene for well over a decade now, so I'm probably a bad person to ask. I was assuming that this conversation would take place AFTER a couple of hours and a few drinks (is that too much of an investment to ask for a hookup?), which would make it a little more plausible. And note that in my carefully crafted script, the guy doesn't claim to already love the woman; he just says she is giving him hope that he might one day be able to love again. That keeps the woman from thinking he's a psycho stalker while also feeding into her irrational and (usually) erroneous dream that she might in fact discover true love in a singles bar. Sigh.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Pheeooooowww,I get tired just reading about all this nonsense. Thank God I am living in sin and don't have to go through all this to get a date anymore.

Some men are music lovers. Others make love without it.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Monica: Well, YOU'RE the shrink, so I'll defer to your analysis of the psycho dynamics. smile

ChatNoir: Dont get too comfy, we've ALL been in domestic relationships, and yet here we are again. With divorce rate ca. 50% and all....maybe you should be taking mental notes for future reference. (just in case eek )

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
This relationship is anything but domestic! It's WILD! laugh

Some men are music lovers. Others make love without it.
Originally posted by Theodore:
your old friend is going end up dealing with an angry bull fag
Well, that's not a statement you read every day. [Linked Image]

"If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
MSU - the university of Michigan!
Wheels
B
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
B
Okay, we've started to get reports about this thread. I'm not closing it (yet); please be considerate to other forum members.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission