2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
35 members (David B, AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, dh371, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, 10 invisible), 1,199 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A
I think an important point to consider is that George Sands was a Dyke. This is explains her male pseudonym and her habit of dressing in male attire towards the end of her peculiar life. Chopin's desire was sublimated into the great music he produced as you all should know from your Freud. Now consider this one: Chopin was weak, foppish and effeminate in manner but George Sands was strong, independant, terse and masculine by contrast. What are we to make of that one? confused

It don't mean a ting if it don't have dat swing
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Frycek:
[QUOTE]A gay friend of mine once said that he wants a man, and not a man being a girl. If he wanted a girl, he'd get the real thing...{/QUOTE]

My gay friends say exactly the same.
Right, and I've heard it too. But usually, gay guys that act like girls pair with other gay guys that act like girls. They still ogle the fitness magazine cover model guys, but date the fems. I think one needs to identify with who one connects with, be able to see yourself in that person.

That being said, I remember once in Hollywood, I saw a lesbian couple walking down the street. One was an enormous, butch, biker, manly lez, would make Rosie O'Donnel feminine by comparison. And on her arm was a hot chick worthy of a playboy centerfold. ?!?!!? Couldn't help thinking 'wuzzup with that?' I mean we all understand the butch chicks motivation, but what is the hot chick thinking? Not to sound superficial, like its all about looks, its not. these two had entirely contrasting identifications.

Things like that make me officially admit I dont understand anything.

I was born the year Glenn Gould stop playing concerts. Coincidence?
This thread could serve as an FBI profiler's roster under, "piano playing perverts."

Theodore
Alamo Music Center
San Antonio,Texas
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Theodore:
This thread could serve as an FBI profiler's roster under, "piano playing perverts."
I notice you made sure you got your name included. :rolleyes:

I want to be in good company!

Theodore
Alamo Music Center
San Antonio,Texas
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
George Sand was a lesbian? If she was, why did she have so many male lovers? I thought "George Sand" was a pen-name, since society looked down on female authors, especially when they wrote about such racy topics wink

That's right...I have the same birthday as Mozart. If only it meant something and I could have one thousandth of his genius...in my dreams, i suppose.
there is no documented affair between gould and a male partner/friend. a lack of intimate, on-the-record relationships with females does not automatically make one a homosexual.

D
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Originally posted by Arabesque:
I think an important point to consider is that George Sands was a Dyke. This is explains her male pseudonym and her habit of dressing in male attire towards the end of her peculiar life. Chopin's desire was sublimated into the great music he produced as you all should know from your Freud. Now consider this one: Chopin was weak, foppish and effeminate in manner but George Sands was strong, independant, terse and masculine by contrast. What are we to make of that one? confused
That she proposed to him? Or maybe he wore the dress? :p wink

Every day we are afforded a new chance. The problem with life is not that you run out of chances. In the end, what you run out of are days.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by gordonf238:
a lack of intimate...relationships with females does not automatically make one a homosexual.
not automatically, but over time it can wear you down. :p

Sort of like prison adjustment.

Theodore
Alamo Music Center
San Antonio,Texas
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
There is no evidence that Gould was gay. He was so germ phobic, the thought of Gould having sex with anyone boggles the mind.

I don't know if it was mentioned here before, but Earl Wild is openly gay. His partner of 30 years, Michael Davis, is also his record producer.

Hank Drake

Admin: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VladimirHorowitzPianist

The composers want performers be imaginative, in the direction of their thinking--not just robots, who execute orders.
George Szell
my pastor said that probably 95% of pianists or organists were homosexual, according to his experience, b/c he's hired several organists that swug the 'other way'. but i disagree with that, though.

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
ummm....i'm not gay....and none of the piano majors at my school are gay...i do believe your pastor is wrong. there's a difference between several and 95%.

That's right...I have the same birthday as Mozart. If only it meant something and I could have one thousandth of his genius...in my dreams, i suppose.
D
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
It's interesting...is your pastor married? wink

Every day we are afforded a new chance. The problem with life is not that you run out of chances. In the end, what you run out of are days.
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by LWpianistin:
George Sand was a lesbian? If she was, why did she have so many male lovers? I thought "George Sand" was a pen-name, since society looked down on female authors, especially when they wrote about such racy topics wink
George Sand was simply a pen name that took on a life of its own. Aurore Dupin (George Sand) wrote a novel jointly with her then lover Jules Sandeau. She wanted him to publish it under his name, he insisted that she share the credit. "Sand" came for "Sandeau". "George" came from St. George's day when they came up with the plan. Aurore Dupin did have one tender relationship with an actress, at a time when she was feeling abused and traumatized after ending her marriage, but she soon returned to her true orientation.

Slow down and do it right.
[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
ummm....i'm not gay....and none of the piano majors at my school are gay...
Very interesting. How do you know that they are all straight?

Some men are music lovers. Others make love without it.
D
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Originally posted by ChatNoir:
[b] ummm....i'm not gay....and none of the piano majors at my school are gay...
Very interesting. How do you know that they are all straight? [/b]
Trial and error? :p

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Derulux:
Originally posted by ChatNoir:
[b]
[b] ummm....i'm not gay....and none of the piano majors at my school are gay...
Very interesting. How do you know that they are all straight? [/b]
Trial and error? :p [/b]
[Linked Image]

laugh

Sam
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
haha... :rolleyes: :p I know because there are only 11 of us at my school ( 6 male, 5 female). 3 of the girls (myself excluded) have boyfriends/fiances, and 4 of the guys have girlfriends. I know about the others because, well, come on...it's a small music department...word gets around fast....

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
i love those smileys, Sam!...oh how true they are.... :p

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission