2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
44 members (ambrozy, danx16, 36251, anotherscott, c++, chopinetto, brdwyguy, Beowulf, Carey, 8 invisible), 572 guests, and 553 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Estonia dealers in SoCal
#47881 06/09/04 02:50 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Can anyone tell me the names of Estonia dealers in either Orange County or San Diego County, California?

Re: Estonia dealers in SoCal
#47882 06/09/04 03:22 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Michael,

I purchased my Estonia 190 from Piano Factory Outlet in Tustin. 55 fwy. & McFadden,
714/543-3000. No pressure from the sales staff, yet very helpful.

Keep a song in your heart!

Frank
--------------------------
It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not!
#47883 06/09/04 03:23 PM
Hello Michael

Please note that this is NOT an endorsement of the PianoFactoryOutlet.

They do carry Estonias at their Tustin store (Orange County) but please be aware of their pricing.

GL in your search

#47884 06/09/04 03:29 PM
T
T
Art Olson, owner of Artistic Pianos in San Marcos (north San Diego county), carries them. Not sure if he has any currently. Give him a call at 760-471-0077.

Tavner
#47885 06/09/04 05:00 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

"Please note that this is NOT an endorsement of the PianoFactoryOutlet.

They do carry Estonias at their Tustin store (Orange County) but please be aware of their pricing."

Michael,

When I purchased my Estonia I paid a bit less than the asking price on the 190. I had a trade in (Kawai K-18) that I got 100% credit for and also about $700 worth of regulation and tuning work done in my home by my tech. The negotation process was very easy and above board. I didn't feel any pressure at all. I felt I paid a fair price for a quality piano. Ihe service from Piano Factory Outlet was very good. In an earlier post I stated the price that I paid and the general consensus was that it was not only a good price but some felt that it was very good. I don't know if other people have had a problem with their pricing but this is my second piano from them now and I was happy with my price both times.

Frank
#47886 06/09/04 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Frank R:
When I purchased my Estonia I paid a bit less than the asking price on the 190. I had a trade in (Kawai K-18) that I got 100% credit for and also about $700 worth of regulation and tuning work done in my home by my tech. The negotation process was very easy and above board. I didn't feel any pressure at all. I felt I paid a fair price for a quality piano. Ihe service from Piano Factory Outlet was very good. In an earlier post I stated the price that I paid and the general consensus was that it was not only a good price but some felt that it was very good. I don't know if other people have had a problem with their pricing but this is my second piano from them now and I was happy with my price both times.
Hi Frank

I hope that I am not coming across as dealer bashing ... that's not my intent.

What I was trying to convey to Michael that he needs to be very 'educated' on his pricing and not succumb to emotions when shopping for piano.

I am very happy that you got great service and pricing from PFG. Without getting into details, my experiences were different. At the end, I fell victim to my own weakness, letting my emotions control my wallet.

In conclusion, practice the 3 'R's, Research, Research and Research. Never a great idea to 'sole source'.

I have learnt my lesson. Next piano for my kiddo, I will be looking around.

#47887 06/10/04 01:55 AM
Z
Z
Hi Michael,
I've been shopping around for Estonias as well. I found Piano Factory Outlet has several stores including West LA and Burbank. I talked with a tech who has worked with Estonias and she had a good impression of Piano Factory.

zscum

Jean
#47888 06/10/04 08:31 AM
K
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
K
One of the reasons I drove right past PFO when I bought my Mason and Hamlin was:
I got a price sheet from M+H which, at the time, showed a retail price of 55K for the BB in satin ebony.

PFO had a sticker on the piano:
Regular: 63K
Sale: xxK (something less)

#47889 06/10/04 12:16 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Kenny,

Point well taken. I think GearHead is right, do your research and don't let your emotions get the best of you. Not always easy when you ar being seduced by something as beautiful a grand pano.

One of the sales people at PFW did elude to the fact that they were not very inclined to come too far off their offered price on the Estonias due to the fact that there aren't that many around. Also the quality of the piano for the price that they are offering is a very good value. I AGREE. See GearHead seduction does work on most of us your not alone. :b: 3hearts

Frank
#47890 06/10/04 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Frank R:
Kenny,

Point well taken. I think GearHead is right, do your research and don't let your emotions get the best of you. Not always easy when you ar being seduced by something as beautiful a grand pano.

One of the sales people at PFW did elude to the fact that they were not very inclined to come too far off their offered price on the Estonias due to the fact that there aren't that many around. Also the quality of the piano for the price that they are offering is a very good value. I AGREE. See GearHead seduction does work on most of us your not alone. :b: 3hearts
Hi Frank

Some of the things I don't care for at PFO is posting the regular price higher than published list price' and then advertising their sale price which many at times is around or slightly lower than the list price. Another thing is the so-call price gurantee (but read the fine print). These advertising of 'great' sales price and price gurantees create a false sense of security.

If one did not get 'seduced' by the sight and sound of a lovely GrandPiano, and did some homework, will see through this advertising mumbo jumbo.

Just like one should play lots of pianos before deciding which brand or model to go for, one should also look around to decide where to get the piano. So, at the end of the day, RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH.

#47891 06/12/04 11:18 PM
I had a good experience at Piano Factory Outlet in Burbank; I came in a bunch of times to play various pianos over a several-month period while I was shopping, and ended up buying my Petrof there (I did try a few Estonias also). I got minimal pressure from the salesman, he just let me play for as long as I wanted each time I went in, and in the end once I'd made up my mind, they ended up giving me what I think was a real good price. The usual negotiating advice still applies, but my point is that they did not pull any tactics that were of the "used car dealer" sort (or even worse, the "new car dealer" sort).

As for the issue of showing a "usual" price higher than list with a "sale" price below that, yes you could say this borders on, or crosses over into the land of, "slimy," but I look at it this way: these guys have to make a living; some people will walk in and want a certain piano and not care too much about the money, so why shouldn't they make a little extra off those people? And those for whom money is a concern (like me) should do their homework (as Gearhead noted; e.g. get the Larry Fine books) and shop around and be willing to do a little negotiation (or a lot). Like many other businesses selling high-ticket items, there are different ways of looking at "cost of goods," "list price" and "lowest price" so in the end it's just what price can you and the dealer both live with. OK, I've said my 2 cents so let the flaming begin... laugh

Moderated by  Ken Knapp, Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
News from the Piano World
Our January 2021 Free Newsletter for piano lovers is here now...
---------------------
NEW! Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Max Richter: Tiny Desk (Home)
by SeaDrive - 01/23/21 08:24 PM
Advice on buying my first piano
by moodorf - 01/23/21 07:59 PM
Yamaha Model Differences
by RPHPlayer - 01/23/21 07:24 PM
Cannot decide on a beginner keyboard
by sunnyrose98 - 01/23/21 07:10 PM
Bach Busoni Goldberg Variations
by Keith D Kerman - 01/23/21 04:15 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics204,492
Posts3,050,643
Members100,187
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission