2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
77 members (20/20 Vision, amc252, benkeys, apianostudent, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, accordeur, akse0435, 15 invisible), 1,986 guests, and 313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 29 of 54 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 53 54
Hi adamp88, that would be interesting to find those pieces on line! Could you help?

UlAN
R
R
Hey there Gents (and ladies!)

My name is Nick. I'm from Australia and I've only recently started learning to play the piano/keyboard. I'm 24 year old psychology a student and I'm very happy to become a part of this lovely community.

T
T
Hello! My name is Katie and I have been playing piano and taking lessons for ten years. I am interested in teaching because my first teacher was amazing at teaching young children. She instilled a love for music and the piano in all of her students(myself included). I would like to be able to teach in this way. I always had lots of technique to practice, but she would always make it fun. She gave me a strong foundation in music which I can use forever. I have been lurking for a long time now, but I finally decided to join so I could learn even more!

L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Hello all,

I just joined the forum today and am looking forward to exchanging ideas with all of you.

I finished my RCM grade 10 in high school and then quit piano lessons and started playing jazz piano (my teacher could have killed me). Then after university, I got a career as a boring office worker and later I realized I was miserable. Went crawling back to my piano teacher a couple years ago (15 years after I quit! LOL) and she agreed to take me back. We are working on the advanced portion of my piano pedagogy now -- hope to be finished the three exams by January 2013! I also started taking voice lessons just for fun, but somehow my teacher convinced me to work on a performer's ARCT in voice -- she says I have to do all the theory requirements for my piano anyways, so why not? But it feels like a lot less work than learning piano repertoire, thankfully.

I'm teaching part-time right now. Unfortunately I'm still working my office job to pay for my lessons. Once I'm done my ARCT, I plan to switch to teaching full-time.

G
G
Thanks for the welcome. Advanced Intermediate, once again frustrated with my current teacher. At 58, would like to enjoy my lesson, especially after working quite diligently each week. Working on Bach Inventions # 1 and #13, Chopin Nocturne, and the Brahms Rhapsody in G minor ( a bit hard for me but I love this!). Need a little validation that I should feel encouraged, not ashamed, when I leave my lesson, especially as I have put in the hours, and not just mindless repetition, either, real work. Performance anxiety just getting worse with each lesson, even after 5 months with this new teacher. I suspect that getting the right fit for an adult can be tricky. I feel like a scolded 4th grader. Should I just knuckle under or find a better fit?

Camille
T
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
From the information you've provided, find a better fit. Your present teacher, from your description, is coming off as somebody who's dumping his/her anger; and, at 58 years of age, I see no reason to tolerate this.

Hi everyone,

Relatively new to the forum - 26 years old, currently living in Berlin, and I'm preparing repertoire for Masters program exams. I'm a pianist and composer, doing my best to balance practice time, work, composition, and general real life stuff. I'm a big fan of early 20th century piano literature (Ravel, Scriabin!), and I tend to compose in a similar style for solo piano or small chamber groups.

I've uploaded a recording of an original piano sonata to my YouTube channel to share with the community. Always eager to hear feedback from fellow pianists!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD6kL_d3jRY

For anyone interested, my full bio and any other information on my works is available at my website. smile
http://www.simonbielman.com/

P
P
Hello

There I said it

And might I just say how badly organized this forum's structure and links are, it's like it was made in the 90's.

C
C
Hello all. Quick introduction for you. I am a self taught piano player, and only play for fun now, but earlier in my career, I did play for school Christmas concerts and music classes.
I stumbled across this website while surfing for some biographical information on Czech composer Alois Sarauer. Apparently he is a fourth cousin of mine, and would like some more information on his life and work. If anyone can steer me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

CindyLu

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Welcome Cindy Lu, I wrote a song about you.

Joe Whitehead ------ Texas Trax
S
S
Dear All, I'm 40+ years old, from Hong Kong. Currently I do self-learning, but I probably will try to find a teacher who can help me tackle FTCL (Trinity, UK). And I am going to start a new topic (as I did in other piano forum) to get more opininons. Cheers.

K
K
Hello, I'm Kikazu. I'm 15 and I started playing the piano for 3 months now. I'm aiming to become a professional pianist, playing in orchestras since I really love orchestral music. smile

Hello, I'm Roland The Beagle (actually that's my dog).

I was introduced to the piano at a young age, and had some aptitude for it, but couldn't succeed in lessons because I kept running around causing havoc. Much later in life I took some group classes, and now I'm finally receiving one on one instruction with the hope of becoming an applied music major for piano performance.

I have some regrets that I didn't study piano throughout my youth, because I wonder what heights I can realistically reach starting much later. Still, this is greatly overshadowed by the joy of finally discovering the instrument and realizing music as a focus for my creative side.

Pleased to meet you all!

Danzas Argentinas, Alberto Ginastera
Piano Sonata Hob. XVI: 34 in E Minor, Franz Joseph Haydn
Nocturne, Op. 15 No. 1 in F Major, Frédéric Chopin
Prelude, Op. 11 No. 4 in E Minor, Alexander Scriabin
Prelude and Fugue in G Major, Well-Tempered Clavier Vol. 2, Johann Sebastian Bach
Hi all! Just call me Ying. I've been playing piano for a decade (yay!!!) as of 2012 March, and I play trumpet for leisure for 5 years. I was looking for general knowledge for my AmusA pieces, and I found this site!

I'm absolutely in love with Debussy, and really it's his pieces I play best. wink

HSC pieces:
Shostakovich Piano Concerto op 102. movement 1
Chopin Op10 No1
Debussy Broulliards Preludes Bk1
Kats-Chernin Russian Rag
Messiaen Regard d'letoile
Mozart Sonata for 2 pianos D major
C
C
Hi,
36 years old.
Piano teacher and performer.
18 students currently.
Next performance will be of Bartok - Sonata for two pianos and Percussion.
Oh, I'm from South Africa.

A
A
Hi, i'm a 34 year old living in the UK, from the US. Played until I was 18, and recently just started taking it up again this year. I'm contemplating doing the Trinity Guildhall LTCL program on my own at some point - and would love tips from people who have done it on their own as well. Cheers.

Currently working on: Bach Partita 4, English Suite 2, Toccata d-minor, Chopin-op 10/1, Schubert Impromptus
Hi, I'm from Canada, studied classical piano mostly from age 4-17, then life intervened for about twenty years, although I did still play casually. Three years ago I started doing jazz piano, which I love love love.
Best wishes to you all.

"Earth is crammed with Heaven." -Elizabeth Barrett Browning
D
D
Hello, I am a piano player from the great state of Arkansas, and I just recently discovered this forum and had to join. I've been trained classically since I turned 4, and I am turning 15 in a couple months. I have also had quite a bit of experience with non-classical repertoire, including jazz/boogie woogie, hymns, and stuff for a band. I am looking forward to learning from this place.

Currently working on (not just messing around with)

Bach Prelude and Fugue in G Major, Well-Tempered Clavier Book I
Mozart Fantasie and Sonata in c minor
Chopin's Revolutionary Etude, Op. 10 No. 12
Liszt's Paraphrase on Rigoletto (sort of)
Prelude of Debussy's Pour le Piano
Hi, I'm Andy I'm 31 years old from the UK, i was recently searching on google for some information on piano's and stumbled on this great forum! i started taking classical piano lessons in march 2011 not long after my 30th birth day, i'm currently getting up to a good grade 3 standard and maybe thinking about taking my grade 3 exam sometime this year or next, I've had a good stab at some harder pieces like Mussorgsky's promenade 1, clayderman's Souvenir D'Enfrance with the help of my teacher with classical pieces at the same time, I've also just finished yiruma's river flows in you in my own time away from my practise pieces. currently learning 3 grade 3 pieces of very different styles to hone my skills.

I've always fancied the idea of learning the piano but never really got round to it until last year, i started to teach myself guitar not long after i left secondary school but never go very far with regard to reading music,theory,or technique but enjoyed it as a pastime, i still like play the odd time nowadays, when it came to piano i wanted lessons to make sure i had a good understanding of the instrument and a good technique plus being introduced to a wealth of great music i never would have known about.

As my musical knowledge increases i hope to get more involved in the forum instead of being a lurker!

Last edited by WildHorseMan; 03/26/12 05:22 AM.
I
I
im new!! 51 years old and started playing at about 38. play when i can and there are peaks and valleys... i get frustrated sometimes with my slow progress. but i still love it. looking for good pieces to play not to0 hard that i can master in the realm of classics to moderns intermediate type difficulty. anyway hello

Page 29 of 54 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 53 54

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission